Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Memoriam: Sana (a.k.a. Whistler84) – A Mission for the Entire GateWorld Community

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    I'm afraid I'm the bearer of sad news. One of our own, Whistler84, passed away last night. Her real name was Sana.

One of her close friends left this message in a thread Sana frequented:

Please – let's all make this our mission. Let's not forget her.

Let her live on.
    This is so sad but with these goals Sana will make a difference.
    sigpic

Comment

Though I hardly even noticed her posts (as we followed different areas of the forum) on the off chance i saw them they were always what GW should be, avoiding conflict and enjoying a mutual interest, she was one of those posters that make GW better every day, she will be missed.

My best wishes and my condolences go to her friends and family.

We will not forget her.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Just thought I'd do this. We all know how much Sana loved playing with Photoshop and using her fave "forte" font, so I just made these using the poem that Jenova Synthesis wrote.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Whistler's death was the second I heard about yesterday. And while I was unable to cry for her I was immensely saddened to hear about it. I wasn't close to her as some people here but when we did speak she always made me smile. She was always very friendly and she made the forum a brighter place. She was someone I felt I could joke with without worrying about offending, which with my sense of humor and inability to keep my mouth shut meant a lot to me. She made a sig for me and told me she'd always be happy to collaborate on another whenever I asked. I'd planned on taking her up on that offer sometime since she did such wonderful work. I guess I'm just trying to say she was generous, and sweet and I appreciated that. I miss her.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Whistler84. I haven't been posting much, but I have read many of her posts. She was very kind and sweet to everyone, I know she will be missed. My prayers to her family and her friends.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
            http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Her best friend Terry signed in using her account to break the news.
              Okay, now I understand
              sigpic

Comment

I can't say that I knew whistler, I only saw her name one or two times in threads where I lurked, but I'm nonetheless very sad.
                You don't have to know everyone on GW in person to get the feeling that a dear member of the family is missing when someone leaves. We are all just names on a list, some people you know, others you don't know. But everyone is unique and wonderful and an important part of the big, always growing puzzle, so when someone leaves this hole will stay forever, it can never be filled again and is a constant reminder who's missing and what he meant to the rest of us.

My heart goes out to Sana's family and everyone who knew and loved her.

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I am very sorry to here this news. I will pray for her family and everyone else that knew her
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Whistler made the day brighter in any thread she went in because it was her mission to be friendly to anyone who would return the same thing. I wish it hadn't taken her so soon, to think she was only 21.

Gahhh... I'm on the verge of tears. She deserves to be recognized by everyone for who she was, a great person.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Although I didn’t know Whistler very well, her posts were always a pleasure to read. She represented the kind of poster who made visiting this forum a positive experience. Like most of you, I had no idea she was facing such serious personal challenges until a couple of days ago. Despite what she was going through, when I sent her a PM to wish her well, she took the time to respond with kindness, grace and not a small amount of humility. She couldn’t believe that so many people were wishing her well. Her tolerance, passion, talent and humor will be missed.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Such heartbreaking news My thoughts are with Sana's friends and family. She has clearly touched so many lives and she will not be forgotten

xxxxxx

Comment

Whistler was the jewel of understanding and tolerance. She enjoyed talking and meeting people and Gateworld was a means to do it.
                          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Don't know if anyone else has thought of this, but I suggested on my LJ that people maybe dig out any sigs Whistler made and start using them. It'd be a nice way for all of you who had her little works of art to remember her!

Comment

Nice mission. It's already mine as well. I send my condolences to her family and friends. I'm sure she will be sorely missed.
                              Last edited by newtrekker; 22 February 2006, 11:35 PM.
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I'm one of the many of you who knew whistler only through the forum but she i enjoyed reading her posts and i admired the way she would step in and try to keep things out of control when it got out of hand in here and i was afraid to go near the forum with a ten foot pole. And even though I'm usually a lurker, I'm also one of the lucky ones with a sig of hers, so I thought i should share it with you. I'll miss her alot.

Sig curtesy of Whistler84

Comment

Working...
                                X