Stargate Fandom Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy867
    the only solution that I can offer before recommending getting a SCSI drive is to upgrade your RAM to push it to AT LEAST 1 gig... *The one thing you would absolutely need to know is the kind of RAM in your rig and go from there to www.pricewatch.com which offers great deals on RAM, and other PC parts* (ie. for me, if I wanted 1 Gig, I would go with this option: $96 - PC3200 DDR 1GB... though I would probably spend a little extra to get high quality RAM from like Kingston or PNY)

Right well that sounds like an option then. Currently I have 512MB.

Actually, why don't I just linke to my computer . But I paid a bit less than that for it

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
      Right well that sounds like an option then. Currently I have 512MB.

Actually, why don't I just linke to my computer . But I paid a bit less than that for it
      That's the same pc my brother has It has PC3200. 512MB RAM, but it has two banks of 256MB as far as I know (meaning, two memory modules of each 256MB, making it a combined 512MB).

Oh LOL, just read it says that on the page you linked, so I'm probably telling you stuff you already know

Well, to get to the point: I'd recommend buying two memory modules PC3200 (a.k.a. DDR400 memory) of 512MB RAM each. Most computers tend to not deal with 1gig memory banks very well, so it's better to divide it into 2x512. Then sell the ones you already had in it. I'd recommend brands like Kingston or Corsair. Those are good quality ones, currently around 90 Euro's/$80. Or you could buy one more 512MB memory bank, because I think the pc has one empty slot left.

In the future, I'd wait for SATA drives to go down in price and then maybe purchase one. Or, you can wait for the regular hard drives to have a 16MB buffer, which they do have nowadays, but again, expensive. Yet the difference is barely noticeable. So I'd wait for SATA drives (they have thinner cables, faster data transfer) to go down in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy
        That's the same pc my brother has It has PC3200. 512MB RAM, but it has two banks of 256MB as far as I know (meaning, two memory modules of each 256MB, making it a combined 512MB).

Oh LOL, just read it says that on the page you linked, so I'm probably telling you stuff you already know

Well, to get to the point: I'd recommend buying two memory modules PC3200 (a.k.a. DDR400 memory) of 512MB RAM each. Most computers tend to not deal with 1gig memory banks very well, so it's better to divide it into 2x512. Then sell the ones you already had in it. I'd recommend brands like Kingston or Corsair. Those are good quality ones, currently around 90 Euro's/$80. Or you could buy one more 512MB memory bank, because I think the pc has one empty slot left.
        Thanks for the tip! I'll have to start saving my pennies (or hey, I have a b'day coming up....I'll have to leave some hints )

In the future, I'd wait for SATA drives to go down in price and then maybe purchase one. Or, you can wait for the regular hard drives to have a 16MB buffer, which they do have nowadays, but again, expensive. Yet the difference is barely noticeable. So I'd wait for SATA drives (they have thinner cables, faster data transfer) to go down in price.
        Yes well at the time I bought the computer, I wasn't really in a position to wait, as my old one was failing fast. Also I got this one at an amazing price (about $1700 AU) 6 months ago. There were only 20 of them on sale for that price and they sold before the store opened its doors!

So this will have to do me for a while...but I'll definitely be upgrading in a few years time so thanks for the heads up!

Comment

another thing that would greatly benefit you is a higher-end card, like a GeForce 6600 (minimum of 256MB Video RAM)... Dont get me wrong, the ATI Radeon 9800XT is a good card, but for graphically demanding applications, the NVIDIA line has proven its value in its series 6 cards (6600, 6800/Ultra, etc)
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
            another thing that would greatly benefit you is a higher-end card, like a GeForce 6600 (minimum of 256MB Video RAM)... Dont get me wrong, the ATI Radeon 9800XT is a good card, but for graphically demanding applications, the NVIDIA line has proven its value in its series 6 cards (6600, 6800/Ultra, etc)
            For video editing, I don't think more than 128MB video card is needed. Unless you're talking about heavy duty editing. Far more important is the chipset on the card, the card's brand and the way the card co-operates with the RAM. The more the better.

That said, I'm getting a 6800GT

Comment

For video editing, I don't think more than 128MB video card is needed. Unless you're talking about heavy duty editing. Far more important is the chipset on the card, the card's brand and the way the card co-operates with the RAM. The more the better.

Right, but what qualifies as 'heavy duty'?

I'm still kinda a beginner. I've done a year of TV journalism at uni, but it was extremely amateurish and the journalism school was going through a period where they had no staff, no organisation etc.

Which is why I'm going to do film & tv this year...I want to learn more about it and journalism is so limiting creatively.

Comment

Hiya folks.

Just a quick one to shamelessly promote my latests Atlantis vid, "The Siege." Spoiler Warning - all clips were taken from "The Siege - Part TWO," which aired here in Canada on Monday. Took me all of a half hour before I started the vid, lol.

You can find it at: http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jamieson_atlantis

Site has my other Atlantis vid as well, and links to my other Stargate vids.

Jamieson
                ~~~~~~~~~
                From now on you shall call me: *Imperator Gaius Iulius divi filius Octavianus Caesar Augustus!*
                sigpic
                The Cardboard Experience - 41 music videos in 10 fandoms

Comment

Sorry, I know is OT but I want to let you know that I've made a short promo for a x-files challenge.

It's a vid about the episode finale of The X Files :

The Truth Promo (Action)

Music: The Machinist trailer music by Robert Etoll Productions' QFactory
                  Spoilers: Season 9 - The Truth
                  Size: 5.05 MB

SNY

Comment

New vids!

Three new ones, one kind of new but not really.

By Me

I Am A Scientist by The Dandy Warhols - Rodney McKay

Contains scenes up to and including The Siege Part 2

By Queen Selqet31

Switch/Twitch by Fluke - Season 1 of Atlantis
                    Messing With My Mind (Club Foot by Kasabian [or something like that]) - episode vid for The Gift
                    And the semi-new vid: Rodney and John - Right On by Shocore

Switch/Twitch (Season 1 vid) obviously contains scenes up to and including The Siege Part 2.

Messing With My Mind - scenes only from The Gift.

Right On (Rodney and John) - scenes up to and including Before I Sleep.

All the videos are on my site: http://embark.to/martoufmarty/

I also have a new layout, a new Angel vid, and a new Buffy vid

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Video "may be" Enrique Iglesias

A nice build up to Threads

Enjoy

Caty

Comment

I think you need at least 256 MB for video editing eventually ..It depends how many you make and keep in your PC or movie maker of course ...because sometimes you run out of virtual memory and the clips all become kind of slow and bad qualities ..I know have 1 GB of memory and have no problems with virtual memory and the clip flow nicely

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          New vids!

Three new ones, one kind of new but not really.

By Me

I Am A Scientist by The Dandy Warhols - Rodney McKay

Contains scenes up to and including The Siege Part 2
                          MARTOUFMARTY!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AWESOME!

I just adooooore McKay.

Love him to bits.

That was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            I think you need at least 256 MB for video editing eventually ..It depends how many you make and keep in your PC or movie maker of course ...because sometimes you run out of virtual memory and the clips all become kind of slow and bad qualities ..I know have 1 GB of memory and have no problems with virtual memory and the clip flow nicely

Caty
                            Well done Caty!

*suppresses a squeal at the realisation threads is only 4 days away!*

Comment

Originally posted by Jamieson
                              Hiya folks.

Just a quick one to shamelessly promote my latests Atlantis vid, "The Siege." Spoiler Warning - all clips were taken from "The Siege - Part TWO," which aired here in Canada on Monday. Took me all of a half hour before I started the vid, lol.

You can find it at: http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jamieson_atlantis

Site has my other Atlantis vid as well, and links to my other Stargate vids.

Jamieson
                              ~~~~~~~~~
                              From now on you shall call me: *Imperator Gaius Iulius divi filius Octavianus Caesar Augustus!*
                              That was really funky!

And you managed nice high-res clips too...always a plus!

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
                                Sorry, I know is OT but I want to let you know that I've made a short promo for a x-files challenge.

It's a vid about the episode finale of The X Files :

The Truth Promo (Action)

Music: The Machinist trailer music by Robert Etoll Productions' QFactory
                                Spoilers: Season 9 - The Truth
                                Size: 5.05 MB

SNY
                                Beautiful, as always.

Personally, I'm hanging out for you to make a McKay vid or a Shep vid.

Or Sheppard & Mckay vid...

Or a Beckett vid...

or a....

Comment

Working...
                                X