X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    To Caty:

Well done on 4 Seasons

I love anything done to classical music, anything with a powerful track.

Particularly like that still image you snuck in the end there...very clever manip

Out of interest, what program do you use to make your vids?

Snip
    Acually I use a few programms ..movie maker 5 ,at the moment movie maker 2 .Sometimes Pinnacle ..and I 'm also trying Adobe premiere but I'm quite pleased with movie maker 2 right now ..I love the effects and the title selection .

The 4 seasons was quite a hard video to make because of the pace of the music and the clips were so small to fit with the music at the right time ..but I did manage to make some cool effects of the clips matching with the music ...Sam in the lift is good and the gun clip too ...and some others .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Acually I use a few programms ..movie maker 5 ,at the moment movie maker 2 .Sometimes Pinnacle ..and I 'm also trying Adobe premiere but I'm quite pleased with movie maker 2 right now ..I love the effects and the title selection .

The 4 seasons was quite a hard video to make because of the pace of the music and the clips were so small to fit with the music at the right time ..but I did manage to make some cool effects of the clips matching with the music ...Sam in the lift is good and the gun clip too ...and some others .

Caty
      That's kind of what made my slideshow vid difficult...each picture had to match the beat or rhythm.

There are a coupla sections that are still a bit sticky, but i couldn't bear to lose any of the pics

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
        That's kind of what made my slideshow vid difficult...each picture had to match the beat or rhythm.

There are a coupla sections that are still a bit sticky, but i couldn't bear to lose any of the pics

I understand and for me too I realized that sometimes I was just a plit second out but sometimes it happen when you add the transition after ...not that I used many transitions on that one but it was really hard to make it perfect ...Still ..not bad ..OK gonna download yours now .

Will come back once I watched it

Caty

Comment

SaharaGate

That was great what you've done with the pics ..and the Zooms .. Very well matched to the music and so many thunk clips
          A bit erotic hey

I also loved when you put 2 clips of let's say John and make him move a bit ..Excellent ...and the different sizes of the pics also makes it a grand slideshow.Smashing transitions too .

Well done .I really enjoyed it ..Worth downloading ..and great song

So who is you favourite thunk man then ?!!

Caty

Comment

A couple programs I highly recommend are DVD Decrypter (which allows you to rip the VOB files (without audio if you want) to your hard drive, VirtualDubMod which allows you to then load up the vobs and cut out the video clips that you would like to use (and allows you to select the compression, re-size, de-interlace, etc for higher quality clips at smaller file sizes), and finally Sony Vegas Movie Studio which I believe has THE BEST and EASIEST user interface of all video editor programs and that is saying a lot, because I have used Pinnacle 7-9, Windows Movie Maker/2, Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere, and Hollywood FX. My Music video website (look at Sig) has some screenshots of the listed software that I recommend and websites to each.

Whats nice about Vegas Movie Studio is that it has some of the best compatibility for file formats (so you can use AVI, WMV, MOV, MPG, WAV, MP3, OGG, MIDI, etc) and will have a good chance that it will work flawlessly.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

a vala/Daniel vid... seriously don't hate me.

"She hates me" by puddle of mud if there is a SACCer type thing For Daniel don't watch this vid it's him getting his tail kicked mostly... anyway there is also alot of Cursing.

www.fieryhands.com/vids2/SFHM.zip
              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                A couple programs I highly recommend are DVD Decrypter (which allows you to rip the VOB files (without audio if you want) to your hard drive, VirtualDubMod which allows you to then load up the vobs and cut out the video clips that you would like to use (and allows you to select the compression, re-size, de-interlace, etc for higher quality clips at smaller file sizes), and finally Sony Vegas Movie Studio which I believe has THE BEST and EASIEST user interface of all video editor programs and that is saying a lot, because I have used Pinnacle 7-9, Windows Movie Maker/2, Ulead Video Studio, Adobe Premiere, and Hollywood FX. My Music video website (look at Sig) has some screenshots of the listed software that I recommend and websites to each.

Whats nice about Vegas Movie Studio is that it has some of the best compatibility for file formats (so you can use AVI, WMV, MOV, MPG, WAV, MP3, OGG, MIDI, etc) and will have a good chance that it will work flawlessly.
                Thank you Andy for the infos about Sony vegas Movie Studio ..I 've heard about it in the Digital video magazine ..but I haven' tried it yet ..So I may just do that soon

Caty

Comment

David recommends for videos with vulgarity to put a very obvious "disclaimer" (like with what I did for "Missing You (And pearl Harbor sucks) so it reads something like this

Obligatory Disclaimer: The following music video contains adult language that may not be suitable to persons under the age of 13. Please view at your own discretion.

That covers yourself from any potential blame, and it allows viewers to easily recognize the severity of the "colorful language" used by Puddle of Mudd, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                    David recommends for videos with vulgarity to put a very obvious "disclaimer" (like with what I did for "Missing You (And pearl Harbor sucks) so it reads something like this

Obligatory Disclaimer: The following music video contains adult language that may not be suitable to persons under the age of 13. Please view at your own discretion.

That covers yourself from any potential blame, and it allows viewers to easily recognize the severity of the "colorful language" used by Puddle of Mudd, etc.
                    that was the first vid with any course language i have ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala

"She hates me" by puddle of mud if there is a SACCer type thing For Daniel don't watch this vid it's him getting his tail kicked mostly... anyway there is also alot of Cursing.

That was a ROCKING GREAT VID!!!! I loved it. It was so much fun. I am going to go back and watch it again.

What is a SACCer?
                      sigpic
                      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        SaharaGate - I use a TV Tuner. ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro. I just record the episodes to the computer and, volia.

A DVD ripper and encoder that I use sometimes are:

SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter

(along side)

DVDx - even though this one tends to piss me off alot lol.
                        I was wondering just how much that TV TUNER cost? That is what I would love to have.

I just love your avatar. Is that Angel from the puppet ep? That was the funniest show I have seen in ages.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                          I was wondering just how much that TV TUNER cost? That is what I would love to have.

I just love your avatar. Is that Angel from the puppet ep? That was the funniest show I have seen in ages.
                          Hehehe. Thanks. That episode was hilarious. Love it when Spike and Puppet Angel were fighting. That was hilarious. And Fred/Wesley... Awww... Wesley was so blind throughout that episode. And Angel with the remote control: "Stupid plastic piece of crap!"

Anyways...

The first TV tuner I had was an USB edition. You just have the thing hooked up into your USB port and hook the other end up to DVD player or VCR or whatever. The one I had cost about $150 Canadian.

The one I have now is more fancy. It's built into the computer and has TV Out as well as TV In. It costs about... $300 or so. I don't exactly know because I got it for my birthday a couple years ago.

The first one I had (the USB one) was an ATI TV Wonder USB Edition, and the one I have now is an ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro. They don't make either of them anymore.

I don't know what is out there recently. I would recommend stuff from ATI though. Check out some websites and see what's out there

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1

What is a SACCer?
                            it's Scaper speak for The socity against crulty to Crichton

Irocnicly enough the one who did this vid for farscape runs the socity LOL

Comment

that was the first vid with any course language i have ever done.
                              Yea, my first course language video was the Missing You video, but being a moderator at another forum, I knew some of the guidelines that applied globally, so I consulted David and he told me what I could do so that I could post the video, but not arouse any potential problems.

Comment

Okay, I was going to watchi this vid earlier, but I forgot.

Watched it now, and loved it!

Great choice, great vid!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X