Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate
    No prob Caty

I went on a bit of a comment-leaving rampage today lol. I only comment if I really liked a vid (and not always on the forum) and I usually judge them by whether they are replayable.

You know how there are some vids that you can just go back to at any time and they're still good? Those are my favourite

I should comment more often than I do though, especially when it comes to fanfics, so that can be my belated new-years resolution hehe.

I see you are about to make some videos too ( Your sig) and I understand ...but I rarely watch my videos ..I make them to share .
    I'm usually fed up of the video once I completed it ...I watch it a couple of times to make sure everything is alright though ..Sometimes it 's easy to miss a transition in the process !!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      I see you are about to make some videos too ( Your sig) and I understand ...but I rarely watch my videos ..I make them to share .
      I'm usually fed up of the video once I completed it ...I watch it a couple of times to make sure everything is alright though ..Sometimes it 's easy to miss a transition in the process !!!

Caty
      Yes well I actually made one a while back but hadn't actually put it on my site yet until I got my ftp passwords sorted out. But there will be a new one shortly...

Comment

Ok, it's official.

is finally up!

There are two videos there, one I made a couple of months ago, based on the season 1 episode Torment of Tantalus.

The other is brand new and....well I'll let you be the judge.

Title: When I think about you
        Music: The Divinyls

It's a big thunking slideshow...basically I've turned every thunk thread on the forum into a vid. And somewhere along the way, it became slashy. Not sure how that happend

Just follow the link above or the one in my sig to download.

But please be advised that, although the content is a picture slideshow intended to be humorous, it contains mature references in the lyrics & pics and very obvious references to Slash. I do not recommend downloading if you are easily offended. But then, when you see which song I've used...that should be obvious.

I DO, however, recommend downloading if you thunk over any of the stargate men or ship for any slash pairings.

Hopefully, it has something for every thunker.

Hmmm

For a diehard S/J shipper, I have definitely embraced this slash thing quite quickly.

I blame Dr Rodney Mckay.

Comment

SaharaGate
          I just watched your vid, I thought it was brilliant and funny, I have never seen some of those images before.

I didn't think I was going to enjoy a slide show, I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
            SaharaGate
            I just watched your vid, I thought it was brilliant and funny, I have never seen some of those images before.

I didn't think I was going to enjoy a slide show, I was wrong.
            Why thank you!

Glad you enjoyed it.

I thought I would do a slideshow this time because I figured it would be a nice, quick, easy vid.

Boy was I wrong. Even though I didn't have to spend a lot of time capturing, finding all the images and matching them to the music was really time consuming. Plus you tend to need a lot more still images than if you were using clips.

But it was lots of fun to make

I can think of worse things than staring at pictures of the SG men all day...

Comment

Ok, it's official.

is finally up!

There are two videos there, one I made a couple of months ago, based on the season 1 episode Torment of Tantalus.

The other is brand new and....well I'll let you be the judge.

Title: When I think about you
              Music: The Divinyls

It's a big thunking slideshow...basically I've turned every thunk thread on the forum into a vid. And somewhere along the way, it became slashy. Not sure how that happend

Just follow the link above or the one in my sig to download.

But please be advised that, although the content is a picture slideshow intended to be humorous, it contains mature references in the lyrics & pics and very obvious references to Slash. I do not recommend downloading if you are easily offended. But then, when you see which song I've used...that should be obvious.

I DO, however, recommend downloading if you thunk over any of the stargate men or ship for any slash pairings.

Hopefully, it has something for every thunker.

Hmmm

For a diehard S/J shipper, I have definitely embraced this slash thing quite quickly.

I blame Dr Rodney Mckay.
              I just love that vid!!!! I think Slash is all in the eye of the viewer. It is a good thing I haven't taken my shower yet.

I like that you include some JR Bourne and even some Ben Browder. Were some of the clips from films David Hewlett has done? Can you tell me what they are?

Looking forward to more great vids from you.

PS. why do you blame it all on poor Rodney?
              sigpic
              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

New video " The 4 seasons-Vivaldi" Vanessa Mae

A Sam & Jack roller coster of a ride ...fast track on violin musician Vanessa Mae .

Enjoy

Thank you Mala for the pic

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                  I just love that vid!!!! I think Slash is all in the eye of the viewer. It is a good thing I haven't taken my shower yet.
                  Thank you!

I like that you include some JR Bourne and even some Ben Browder. Were some of the clips from films David Hewlett has done? Can you tell me what they are?

Looking forward to more great vids from you.
                  Ahh yes well i thought I should include *everyone*

or at least everyone I had pics for. Jonas was in there somewhere too.

And yes, a few of the pictures were of stargate actors in other roles. You can find all the David Hewlett (and some Joe) at this site.
                  Jam's Padded Cell

The main ones I used are century hotel (where that kiss is from ), Pin (where he is so young he is practically unrecognisable...but so, so thunkable! And also Cube and Boys of St Vincent.

But there is much more there than those

PS. why do you blame it all on poor Rodney?
                  Because it's sooooo obvious he's in love with Shep (see The Brotherhood and Before I Sleep and Sanctuary) that I just *had* to start seeing the slash.

If he wasn't so cute and so jealous and so snarky with shep all the time, I'd never have thought of such a thing
                  Last edited by SaharaGate; 26 January 2005, 04:08 PM.

Comment

SaharaGate I'll be downloading you black and white video now that it 's up

Caty

Comment

To Caty:

Well done on 4 Seasons

I love anything done to classical music, anything with a powerful track.

Particularly like that still image you snuck in the end there...very clever manip

Out of interest, what program do you use to make your vids?

To Caty and ALL:

How do you guys go about capturing your clips?? As in what programs do you use? I find that I actually have to haul the dvd player in from the living room and hook it up to my computer...seems none of the programs I have allow me to cap directly from my DVD drives

This wouldn't be a problem if capturing wasn't such a long, involved process and doing it didn't mean stealing the cornerstone of our entertainment system for hours at a time...

Not that this will stop me
                      Last edited by SaharaGate; 27 January 2005, 04:40 AM.

Comment

SaharaGate - I use a TV Tuner. ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro. I just record the episodes to the computer and, volia.

A DVD ripper and encoder that I use sometimes are:

SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter

(along side)

DVDx - even though this one tends to piss me off alot lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          SaharaGate - I use a TV Tuner. ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro. I just record the episodes to the computer and, volia.

A DVD ripper and encoder that I use sometimes are:

SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter

(along side)

DVDx - even though this one tends to piss me off alot lol.

So do SmartRipper and DVD Decrypter allow you to capture directly from the DVD disk? The way you would do analogue capturing?

See, I've been spoilt because for uni I have always captured straight from DV, which is a really fast process.

I don't like having to convert files etc etc. And I also prefer working with really short clips, rather than entire episodes.

However, converting to .avi or divx first bears thinking about, since it might reduce the space I'm using on my hard drive.

Comment

To Caty:

Well done on 4 Seasons

I love anything done to classical music, anything with a powerful track.

Particularly like that still image you snuck in the end there...very clever manip

Out of interest, what program do you use to make your vids?

To Caty and ALL:

How do you guys go about capturing your clips?? As in what programs do you use? I find that I actually have to haul the dvd player in from the living room and hook it up to my computer...seems none of the programs I have allow me to cap directly from my DVD drives

This wouldn't be a problem if capturing wasn't such a long, involved process and doing it didn't mean stealing the cornerstone of our entertainment system for hours at a time...

Not that this will stop me

I want to send you a PM but your box is full !!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              I want to send you a PM but your box is full !!!

Caty
                              Ooops!

It's fixed now.

I didn't realise but I hadn't emptied my sent items in a while!

Comment

Ooops!

It's fixed now.

I didn't realise but I hadn't emptied my sent items in a while!

PM sent

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X