No announcement yet.

Stargate Fandom Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this is the place to ask a newbie vid question. I converted a file to AVI using ASFTools, but I still can't get VideoDub to open it. I'm very comfortable with VideoDub, and I need to use it to make tiny clips because on my dinky computer Premiere will crash if I try to import anything longer than two minutes. Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
      I hope this is the place to ask a newbie vid question. I converted a file to AVI using ASFTools, but I still can't get VideoDub to open it. I'm very comfortable with VideoDub, and I need to use it to make tiny clips because on my dinky computer Premiere will crash if I try to import anything longer than two minutes. Does anyone have any advice?
      I've never heard of ASFTools before, and I don't know anything about VideoDub. I believe Andy867 uses VideoDub or something (not sure). Maybe he could help you.

I just use Movie Maker 2 and/or Pinnacle Studio 9.

Can't really help with AVI conversion or Premiere really, sorry.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Hmmm. I think I have MovieMaker on this machine somewhere. Are you saying it will edit a .wmv so I don't have to go through any of the elaborate conversions?

Later,
        Graculus

Comment

Hmmm. I think I have MovieMaker on this machine somewhere. Are you saying it will edit a .wmv so I don't have to go through any of the elaborate conversions?

Later,
          Graculus
          Are you asking if Movie Maker will convert WMV to AVI or any other format? No, it doesn't. I only saves as WMV...

Comment

I was trying to convert WMV to AVI because I didn't think I had the means to edit a WMV. I'd like to be able to use the fancy editing options of Premiere but MovieMaker might do for a start. I'm trying to see if it will let me import a whole ep now.

Later,
            Graculus

Comment

Okay, I now have a little Daniel/Vala vid, but no good place to post it. Is there something like PhotoBucket I could use to store and post small vids?

Later,
              Graculus

Comment

Okay, I now have a little Daniel/Vala vid, but no good place to post it. Is there something like PhotoBucket I could use to store and post small vids?

Later,
                Graculus
                Cool a Daniel/Vala vid.

A good place would be either http://geocities.com or http://angelfire.com

If you're going to put it on Geocities, you have to put it in a ZIP folder first.

If you're going to put it on Angelfire, DON'T put it in a ZIP folder. Just leave it as WMV.

Comment

okay, I'm waiting for the vid to upload to new geocities site. Can I direct link to the zip file or do I have to make a web page?

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

okay, I'm waiting for the vid to upload to new geocities site. Can I direct link to the zip file or do I have to make a web page?

Later,
                    Graculus
                    Doesn't matter. You can do whatever you want.

Comment

Testing to see if I can get away with just doing this:

http://www.geocities.com/danvalaship/vala1.zip

The download is less than 1.5mg. - it's short and low quality. Please let me know if this doesn't work or is otherwise a bad way to post a vid.

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Testing to see if I can get away with just doing this:

http://www.geocities.com/danvalaship/vala1.zip

The download is less than 1.5mg. - it's short and low quality. Please let me know if this doesn't work or is otherwise a bad way to post a vid.

Later,
                        Graculus
                        The link worked.

Hehe that vid was short, cute, and to the point

Comment

Now to get the real talent on board, lol.

Later,
                          Graculus

Comment

Oh hey, I found this vid:

Daniel/Vala

http://thealphasite.com/index.php?id=videos

It's by brihana25, and it's called 'Me and You (or You and Me?)'

Watch it, it rocks! Be sure to give her feedback!

Comment

Darn, I wasn't first.

But thanks for your help, Marty - I probably wouldn't have tried at all if I had to deal with the conversion problem any longer. MovieMaker was good enough for what I wanted to do.

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

Decided to add the original Sam/Daniel video (same music). This one is a little better because I could use Premiere.

http://www.geocities.com/danvalaship/doorways5.zip

Later,
                                Graculus

Comment

Working...
                                X