Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X-Man
    Just a quick quiz:

What programs do you recommend for a newbie?
    Jeez, I hope I get this quiz right...

I'm gonna have to say...

C) Windows Movie Maker

*crosses fingers*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
      VirtualDubMod, DVD Decrypter, and if you have the spare change, either Sony Vegas Movie Studio($79.99-$99.99) or Pinnacle 9 ($99.99) or just use Windows built-in Movie Maker (depending upon your operating system)

Pinnacle is really bad ..I keep on crashing each time I use it with either AVI or MPEG clips ..and I know I'm not the only one I tried to make a video with it 2 weeks ago and I crashed 16 times ..it was so slow I got really fed up..then I redid it in 2 hours with movie maker 5.you slide the clips , cut and here you go and it accepts both AVI and MPeg clips ..even better.

I use hollywood movie maker 5 and *sigh* it's so enjoyable to work with that one ..it goes fast ..I don't crash and there are plenty of special effects and transitions ...it's very good for beginners and anyway for shows music videos, what else do we need ???!!!!.

I 'm gonna try adobe premiere next ..but it's not for beginners . I'll only do it because I want to start business in video editing.

If I was making only shows music videos I would keep Hollywood movie maker 5.......so I would say that Hollywood movie maker 5 is very very reliable .

Caty

Comment

Ohhh I love Pinnacle!

I use this program with all my vids!

SNY

Comment

For me, I prefer Sony's Vegas+DVD Movie Studio (Formerly Screenblast Movie Studio). Its interface and transition effects and VFX are amazing and its so simple to use, but a powerful program that accepts 95% of ALL file formats.
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
            Ohhh I love Pinnacle!

I use this program with all my vids!

SNY

You did tell me it was crashing a lot and it's true ..I mean I tried to use it to make a video and couldn't get anywhere and then 2 minutes later I opened my hollywood movie maker 5 and it was going without any problems ..smooth and easy ..no crashing ..accepts AVI and MPEG clips ...There is nothing worse than crashing many times when making a video..I read that pinnacle was not reliable in a PC magazine ...and I know what they mean now .

Caty

Comment

Well, I use Pinnacle for my LOTR and other fandoms (besides Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Buffy vids) to make vids. I have all the movies in MPEG format, and they work great. I have no problems. It's a little lagging sometimes, but nothing more.

Comment

I've made two new vids, one about Janet Fraiser and another one about Atlantis...

The first vid is a tribute about Janet Fraiser and the other is about two episodes of Atlantis, "The Storm" and "The Eye"...

" The storm " (Action)

Music: Troy trailer music
                Spoilers: Season 1 ("The storm/The eye")
                Size: 5.08 MB

" Janet "

Music: "The Departure" (Gattaca soundtrack) - Album: "The very best of Michael Nyman"
                Spoilers: Seasons 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 (Spoilers from "Heroes part II" )
                Size: 10.02 MB

SNY

Comment

How the hell did you pull off the B+W stuff for the Janet vid?
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Simple effects that most video editing programs provide. And pulling off the intro probably had her using a special Glow effect to white it out. I had thought about doing a Janet video but sitll need my S7 back (still thinking about doing one with a different yet similar theme that SNY used)

Comment

New Video Release!

There Goes My Life

This video puts a whole new light on Jack and Sam and their possible choices that they make, and what comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                        Simple effects that most video editing programs provide. And pulling off the intro probably had her using a special Glow effect to white it out. I had thought about doing a Janet video but sitll need my S7 back (still thinking about doing one with a different yet similar theme that SNY used)
                        It's true, Pinnacle has that B+W Effect... But Pinnacle has not the glow effect to white it out or the white frame that surrounds the image... I've had to use my imagination and knowledge to create those effects with Pinnacle

SNY

Comment

Being a complete sucker for Stargate music vids, I have no idea how I missed this thread till now. Woohooo! I'll have a lot of fun trawling through over the weekend and catching up on what I've missed.

And talking of woohoo:

I've amassed a fair no. of vids over the past year - I think one of my favourites has to be Woohoo I've no idea where I got it from unfortunately and there are no credits on the video itself. But this one is absolutely brilliant. The images match the music perfectly, the timing is spot on and it just totally captures the spirit of the show. I think it should be sent to TPTB and used as a general SG promo. They'd hook tons of new viewers with it if they did!

Another one I love is KellyK's Some Gave All. Usually, I reach for the nearest sick bag when I hear 'patriotic' songs, but this one just catches me in the throat every time I watch it. It's just beautifully done, with all the clips of characters who we've lost over the years. <sob> Tearing up just thinking about it.

Sorry I don't have links to these - I tend to gather them bit by bit from all over the net and then can never remember which site I visited to get them from. NOTE TO VID MAKERS - put credits on your vids so people can credit you and direct others to your great work! Your name and a site url at the start or end of a vid goes a long way!

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                            Being a complete sucker for Stargate music vids, I have no idea how I missed this thread till now. Woohooo! I'll have a lot of fun trawling through over the weekend and catching up on what I've missed.

And talking of woohoo:

I've amassed a fair no. of vids over the past year - I think one of my favourites has to be Woohoo I've no idea where I got it from unfortunately and there are no credits on the video itself. But this one is absolutely brilliant. The images match the music perfectly, the timing is spot on and it just totally captures the spirit of the show. I think it should be sent to TPTB and used as a general SG promo. They'd hook tons of new viewers with it if they did!

Another one I love is KellyK's Some Gave All. Usually, I reach for the nearest sick bag when I hear 'patriotic' songs, but this one just catches me in the throat every time I watch it. It's just beautifully done, with all the clips of characters who we've lost over the years. <sob> Tearing up just thinking about it.

Sorry I don't have links to these - I tend to gather them bit by bit from all over the net and then can never remember which site I visited to get them from. NOTE TO VID MAKERS - put credits on your vids so people can credit you and direct others to your great work! Your name and a site url at the start or end of a vid goes a long way!

Albion

Hi Albion

I always credit my videos and I even sent my shippy Sam and Jack videos to AT at the last convention in Vancouver.

Enjoy all those sites ..and the videos .

I have a huge site for videos ..and very versatile in my music so take your pick . Start by the top of the list and make your way down...if you decide to watch mine ...if you need explanation for downloading here they are:

All you need to do is ...left click on the thumbnail, left click on the link . then in window you click save ( My music videoas are all safe ) ...then new window ..you have to type .wmv next to the video file name (example: ThinkingOver.wmv) then save and it will start downloading

The link is in my sig.

Caty
                            Last edited by Catysg1; 26 November 2004, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

And talking of woohoo:

Albion
                              Well, I would direct you over to my site where I have more than 300 vids (mostly Stargate SG-1 but also has alot of LOTR and vids for other fandoms), but... Topcities doesn't seem to like it right now. *******s. I'm not the only one having problems with Topcities. My other three sites are working, just not my MAIN one...

You can find some of my SG-1 vids through-out the thread. I'd really like to point you towards my sister's Stargate Atlantis vids. They're somewhere around here. I posted about them a while back.

And about the credit thing. I put credits on all my vids now. All my old ones (before I used Windows Movie Maker 2 or Pinnacle Studio 9) don't have credits because I didn't have the ability to put credits lol.

And also, if you stumble upon my Osiris vid in this thread (Getting Away With Murder) I'd really advise you to see it. I'm really proud of it.

Also, if you love Stargate SG-1 music videos, head on over to Kawoosh: http://kawoosh.shortty.co.uk

It's a reference page for alot of Stargate SG-1 music videos.

Comment

Kawoosh<--very helpful. I even found a vid to a song I wanted to see and had forgot the name of the song.

Comment

Working...
                                X