No announcement yet.

Stargate Fandom Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there's lots of excellent Carson/Sunday vids, but I was inspired to do this little one after my sister (lucky little witch that she is lol) called from canada to describe some of the con events including the Carson rally.

Anyone who watched Six Feet Under will probably recognise the song, so here's the Vid entitled "Sunday".

(Warning for anyone who has not seen it, here there be spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OIEPr-Ai8I

As for the Youtube vid tear down, I haven't lost any...yet! Eeeek! Where's a cloaking device when you need one.

Spoiler:

Comment

After something serious, I wanted to do something silly and fun. I arrived at the conclusion that I needed to do an Atlantis music vid to Too Big (the pe**s song) from the film The Sweetest Thing.

Don't watch if you are easily offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkiMvViiYc

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok I had to come here for some kind of support. I have put videos on youtube... 2 of them were Stargate. My Janet tribute video was removed. I am totally ticked off about it and I am waiting on them to delete my Sam/Jack one... It will no doubt get my account suspended on Youtube since I won't remove them willingly....

Honestly I want to write the company that is getting the Stargate videos deleted, like the production company... but I don't know for 1 if thats a good idea and for 2, which company I should write.

I don't see the harm in the videos people make and post, I can speak personally and say that I don't get any kind of money from the videos so what is the harm in me showing my appreciation for the show?....

Honestly it makes me so mad that I am a loyal fan of this show for YEARS and this is how the diehard fans get treated....

So... here's my Sam/Jack video before it gets deleted and my account get suspended...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyYvibqaHnY

Comment

Bunch of my vids have been pulled, I'm guessing that YouTube is fast becoming the place not to host your music vids.

*grumble grumble grumble*

Spoiler:

Comment

Had to take alot of my videos off you tube because one of my video was pulled...........

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
            Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
            http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Yeah, 3 of my vids got pulled too. YouTube's dying folks, don't go there.

Anyway, new vid! I haven't done this for a while so I hope I'm not rusty. It's my first real Character vid for Stargate, and I think it's just right for me to start with Sheppard. There is spoilers up to "First Strike". So, here it is:

How You See The World

Enjoy!

Comment

what's funny about my vids on youtube is they only deleted my tribute to carson one (still have it up at live video tho) but YT kept my shipper ones that have pics of rodney, radek, etc. i am not complaining, it is just weird
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Yeah, 3 of my vids got pulled too. YouTube's dying folks, don't go there.

Anyway, new vid! I haven't done this for a while so I hope I'm not rusty. It's my first real Character vid for Stargate, and I think it's just right for me to start with Sheppard. There is spoilers up to "First Strike". So, here it is:

How You See The World

Enjoy!
                  That was a Beautiful Vid.
                  A great look into one of my fave characters.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
                      what's funny about my vids on youtube is they only deleted my tribute to carson one (still have it up at live video tho) but YT kept my shipper ones that have pics of rodney, radek, etc. i am not complaining, it is just weird
                      You know what's weird? They took my Carson tribute but left my Too Big Pe**s vid.

Spoiler:

Comment

Solve the problem folks, use the Stargate site - I've got 4 vids up there nice safe and sound
                        "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

I had four more removed from Youtube and yeah I get the feeling that as a fanvid site it is dead. Why waste the time and mb uploading something you know will be gone in less then a week.

As for other sites, I got hacked on Putfile a year ago so I won't use that again, I did try out Veoh but that took ages to upload and then my vid wouldn't play properly.

kateTheBird - What Stargate site? And since it was MGM that got my vids pulled I assume you do not mean an official site?

Comment

www.stargatesg1.com

And I believe it's Viacom who told YouTube to pull the vids.

Comment

I finally had to take all my vids off youtube before they deleted my account. It seems so silly to attack a large part of your fan base. I mean, we do a huge amount of advertising for Stargate through our fandoms for free (since we know sci-fi fails at their part of the advertising schema). I have no problem with them taking full episodes down, but for God's sake, fan vids are usually just a short compilation of clips with no voices. I'm surprised it isn't music artists making a stink about it instead.

What's next fan fiction, fan art? *sigh*

Comment

MGM has a site for Stargate videos. So far as I understand copyright law, it's the only place that can possibly be legal to host them, because the company that owns the copyright on the footage is the same company that owns the site.

I'm inclined to think that it is MGM doing the removing, because since the purge began, the webmasters of the official site have made it very clear that there can be no linking from the official site to YouTube. They're torn between hurting vidders and protecting their copyright and I for one don't blame them in the slightest for taking the vids down. The way copyright law is worded, they had to defend their claim or risk losing it altogether.

But they've offered us an apparently fully legal alternative - host the vids that contain their footage on their servers. They certainly didn't have to do that - they could have just gone on a mass-delete spree and left it at that. But they didn't. They did offer us an alternative.

I don't know of any other companies that have ever embraced fanvids like that. Does anyone?
                                ~bri~

Comment

Working...
                                X