Stargate Fandom Music Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy867
    Ok, well I will be away from my video editing PC until sunday night and then I will listen to the 3 Doors Down song again and get an idea and then I can do maybe from the middle of the song on or whatever.
    i was planning on using Pinnacle for this vid so i started re-recording my episodes as MPEG (because Pinnacle only lets you import MPEG or AVI files) so i was thinking of maybe doing the beginning if that's fine with you...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

It's so nice to be back! What the heck's been going on?!? I stop posting for a few months to revise for my exams and I've returned to a newly-designed board! I'm sure I wasn't gone that long! Anyway does anyone have any sarah mclachlan vids?
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Thats fine with me, I can do from the middle to the end and then include the credits for us, etc.

Yea, I use Sony Screenblast Movie Studio and DVD Decrypter and VirtualdubMod for my video editing.
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Thats fine with me, I can do from the middle to the end and then include the credits for us, etc.

Yea, I use Sony Screenblast Movie Studio and DVD Decrypter and VirtualdubMod for my video editing.
          Sony Screenblast Movie Studio? never heard of it before lol.

i use an ATI All In Wonder TV Tuner to record from DVD, and if i can't use that i use DVD Copy Plus (Smart Ripper and DVDx) to copy and encode whatever i'm trying to get on the computer.

for actual vidding i use regular Windows Movie Maker for SG-1 vids, and for everything else i use Pinnacle Studio 9. i think i'm just gonna re-record some of my SG-1 episodes to MPEG so i can just use Pinnacle for everything

at what point in the song would be the middle? lol

oh hey, btw andy i watched your one vid 'you'll never be lonely'. i really liked it. i'm not a sam/jack shipper and don't really like country music, but i really enjoyed that vid will check out your other vids when i get the chance but i'm... busy busy
          Last edited by MartoufMarty; 03 July 2004, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I use Screenblast Movie Studio myself, its fairly reliable. I used to use Windows Movie Maker a while back but gave up on it--pain the butt.

MartoufMarty--some of your vids lead to yahoogroups. How do I find the download?

Looking forward to whatever you two cook up together.

Comment

The Middle would be about the 1:59 mark since the song I have is 3:58 seconds long. Sony Screenblast sells for about $80 at Best Buy.

Yea, I was kind of skeptical about using a country artist but I felt it was fairly appropriate for the relationship that people see that Jack and Sam have.

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
                MartoufMarty--some of your vids lead to yahoogroups. How do I find the download?
                meh, i hate yahoo groups. i'm trying to move them all but it's slow and i get distracted easily lol. you'd open the group in a new window (for easy viewing) then login, join, go to the file section of the group and some vids are there. it's a pain in the ass and sometimes doesn't work which is why i'm moving them.

Comment

The Middle would be about the 1:59 mark since the song I have is 3:58 seconds long. Sony Screenblast sells for about $80 at Best Buy.

Yea, I was kind of skeptical about using a country artist but I felt it was fairly appropriate for the relationship that people see that Jack and Sam have.
                  fathom that the song i have is also 3:58 lol.

i'm not thinking of changing my vidding program for a while. i got pinnacle studio 9 about... well... probably 3 or 4 months ago. lol and $80 american is... $105 canadian so pinnacle is cheaper (was $80 canadian which is $60 american lol)

no, i did not figure that out myself. i cheated and went to xe.com

i'll try to start my half of the vid soon. i just need to record Secrets, and Children of the Gods lol. can't wait to see what you come up with lol.

Comment

Well, assuming that my girlfriend's brother ships back seasons 1-3 to me within the next 48-96 hours, I should be ok with seasons 4 and 5. but I will hold off on doing the whole second half until I see what you conjure up with the first half of the video (to avoid repetition)

If you want, I can host the videos on my website which has unlimited bandwidth and MASSIVE storage space (was able to hold a 500MB data file with ease on it) Just let me know and we might be able to make a SG-1 Music Video site for past/present/future videos.

Also, I am thinking for the song, you could have the middle end when they sing "I hear this life is overrated but I hope it gets better as we go..." You can use a fade out effect and I can pick it up from there. By the way, are you going to keep the file as an uncompressed AVI? (will help keep quality in for when I render the video again)
                    Last edited by Andy867; 03 July 2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

What would really help in creating diversity in the videos is for season 7 to hurry up and come out on DVD so I can grab all kinds of clips.

Comment

Well, assuming that my girlfriend's brother ships back seasons 1-3 to me within the next 48-96 hours, I should be ok with seasons 4 and 5. but I will hold off on doing the whole second half until I see what you conjure up with the first half of the video (to avoid repetition)

If you want, I can host the videos on my website which has unlimited bandwidth and MASSIVE storage space (was able to hold a 500MB data file with ease on it) Just let me know and we might be able to make a SG-1 Music Video site for past/present/future videos.

Also, I am thinking for the song, you could have the middle end when they sing "I hear this life is overrated but I hope it gets better as we go..." You can use a fade out effect and I can pick it up from there. By the way, are you going to keep the file as an uncompressed AVI? (will help keep quality in for when I render the video again)
                        i dunno about the uncompressed avi. i'd think that it would be a pretty big file. i'll try but i dunno. lol

Comment

Well, if you could compress it with Cinepac Radius Codec with a quality setting of like 80, that could work. Or if you have a fast connection, you could upload your portion to my website that I mentioned earlier and I could download it that way (3mb download connection)

Comment

Well, if you could compress it with Cinepac Radius Codec with a quality setting of like 80, that could work. Or if you have a fast connection, you could upload your portion to my website that I mentioned earlier and I could download it that way (3mb download connection)
                            pfft fast connection i wish. dial-up!

Comment

Or if you want, if you have a cd burner, you could burn it onto a CD and snail mail it to me. That way we can assure people of high quality picture to compliment the video and theme of the video.

Comment

Or if you want, if you have a cd burner, you could burn it onto a CD and snail mail it to me. That way we can assure people of high quality picture to compliment the video and theme of the video.
                                well, i could try to upload it when i get it done or if you have MSN messenger i could send it to ya. or maybe even through e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X