Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    Yeah, that happens with MM.

Just have to be patient and trim the clips.
    I'm not that patient.

I'm hopeing to get a better system at home sometime later this year for freelance work that I do, but I guess in the meantime I'll have to just keep taking stuff into work and fixing it there. Like I said, I think I'm spoiled by the system we use there. It's a DPS Velocity.
    My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

I know that is so annoying! I have to spend ages trimming the clips. They would just annoy me otherwise. But I like using it as it creates clips for you. Does anyone know of any other programmes that do that? All the other ones I have don't do that, and I can't be bothered to hunt through a video for a certain scene!

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

After seeing a few Stargate music videos... I became interested in making my own! (just for something to do, ya know?) so is there anywhere anyone can direct me to get a tutorial or leave a few instructions here?
        thanks
        Michael's Shanks.

Comment

Stargate music videos??? Where did you guys see them??
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
            Stargate music videos??? Where did you guys see them??
            http://www.thealphasite.com (i recommend the stargate cantina... funny funny stuff...
            Michael's Shanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shonac85
              But I like using it as it creates clips for you. Does anyone know of any other programmes that do that? All the other ones I have don't do that, and I can't be bothered to hunt through a video for a certain scene!

Yes, that can be annoying, even if the program does make clips, especially in longer run-time files (movies, etc). I'm not too familiar with other programs, but Pinnacle, which I started using a few months ago, clips things in a fairly similar fashion to WMM. It sometimes has its issues, but it's a much more stable system than WMM (not that that is difficult to achieve, lol).

Jamieson
              sigpic
              The Cardboard Experience - 41 music videos in 10 fandoms

Comment

If your runing windows Xp and you have the latest Service pack instaleld you should have Windows Movie Maker installed. Search around your comp for it. ITs not the best editing software, but if all you want to do is edit video with a song playing in teh background, it'll work fine. And its free. As to where to get the Stagate footage--you'll have to rip them from a DVD or find the episdoes online somewhere(Gateworld doesn't support pirating videos, so don't ask about where to download them). Once you get the program running, its really easy to use. If you need more help, send me a message.
                "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

If you have money or, like me, are scrupulous, you could always get Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. It's served me well for over a year now.

Comment

Can someone make a music video for the Prometheus, BC-304s, and F-302s? The song should be... "Higher" by Creed.

These ships or ours took us humans "higher", and into outerspace!
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I use a program my uncle gave me called ejay can mix mutiple audio tracks and one video

Comment

any1 got any tips? and what can u do with the finished product? what sites take them?
                        Michael's Shanks.

Comment

it's easy, if u have about 180 esp. to go through and find the best shots, then put on to computer and make, i say it will take u an estimated 3 months to complete. have fun!!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                          pps = power per second
                          The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                          xfire = zpm
                          [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                          http://m2kclan.com
                          vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                          port: 3785
                          P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                          halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                          Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by jaimi_shanks
                            any1 got any tips? and what can u do with the finished product? what sites take them?
                            Theres always Putfile.com and YouTube.com. Both of which are free, you just need to register. However, loading a video on to either will most definetly lower the quality of the video itself. Its compromise for free server space. You can also submit a Stargate related video at SourceGate.org.

As for tips to actually making a video, isuggest a song with particularly powerfull drum beats or note changes, so that you can keep the footage on the same beat or speed. Make sure you don't jsut paly videso with msuic, but you have videos that fit. Such as showing battleifelds during the guitar solo, etc.

If you want an idea, one of my favorite fan videos isn't for stargate, but its very well constructed. Its Faint Remix 2(WMV). Watch that and maybe you'll get some good ideas. Good luck.
                            "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Just posting to bump this back up and to say, once again, that I think it's absolutely insane that the second-most-viewed thread in this entire folder is no longer stickied.
                              ~bri~

Comment

Oh well, what you going to do, all my vids can be seen Here

Comment

Working...
                                X