Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go to the convention Stargate in Vancouver in 2006?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will go to the convention Stargate in Vancouver in 2006?

Hi,
    I'm wonder if someone has already reserved his ticket for the Convention Stargate in 2006, in Vancouver. I lived in Seattle for one year and I'd like to go there, but it's very expensive. Can you tell me how it is? (for the person who already went over-there).

Originally posted by sossoc
    Hi,
    I'm wonder if someone has already reserved his ticket for the Convention Stargate in 2006, in Vancouver. I lived in Seattle for one year and I'd like to go there, but it's very expensive. Can you tell me how it is? (for the person who already went over-there).
    I'm not going because your right it is expensive, an it would be more expensive because I live in Wisconsin.
    sigpic

Comment

I'd go if:
      A-it's not being put on by Creation
      and
      B-Gary Jones and a stunt guy weren't the only ones attending as guests.

Sure, I'd like to meet Gary Jones but being that it's being held in the city where Stargate is filmed, I'd expect more guests.

Comment

There's an entire thread for those of us going to the Vancouver Convention in 2006.

You'll find it here.

Costs are something to consider, if you plan on going. however, with 7 months before the Convention, some diligent saving and planning can get you well on your way to the convention.

To answer your question in the first post:
        It costs $499 (USD) for the gold-level passes. The gold level passes get you the best the con has to offer. In this case, the set tours, the cabaret, the evening dessert party, and the breakfast with the stars. You also get the best reserved seating, plus an autograph package too.

For more complete details, go to Creation's Website. Click on the SG-1 Con for Vancouver 2006 for specific details on the Vancouver con.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, Sorry I didn't see the topic about the convention

Comment

I would, but I'll probably be bogged down with something or other...stupid college giving me stupid stuff to do to get a stupid education...

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I love stargate with all my heart, but $499 just cuts a little too deep, if you know what I mean. Plus the cost of getting to Vancouver.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I love stargate with all my heart, but $499 just cuts a little too deep, if you know what I mean. Plus the cost of getting to Vancouver.
                yes it's true , it's very expensive but I think, no I'm sure, I'll pay for that ! I'll do that just one time in my life maybe...So I don't hesitate anymore!! But now I must wait to have enough money to pay the ticket and after the hotel.

Comment

Note that the $499 figure i quoted above is for the Gold package only. Creation sells basic and mid-level packages (the Regular and Preferred packages respectively). These ticket packages are somewhat cheaper.

A thing to keep in mind however, is that Vancouver is always more expensive than the other Creation Cons, mostly because of the logistics of providing transportation to and from the sets over at Bridge studios. A couple other factors play into the higher cost, but remember that if you're willing to take a lower ticket package, then your costs can drop dramatically. See Creation's website for a list of available ticket packages.

Comment

Too expensive. Plus, my son's orthodontist is getting all the extra dough for the next two years.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

There's a whole huge thread's worth of people discussion the con over in the fandom section:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12769

Comment

Working...
                      X