No announcement yet.

The Wallpaper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I need some help. I've been looking for a wallpaper of this image:

But no luck so far.. the closest one I found was on chevron26.com, but that wallpaper has a second Gate on the bottom left corner..which to me is a distraction.. so I'm looking for only THAT image in 1024x768 or somewhere close to it. Anyone know where I might find it? Any help appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
      Hi everyone. I need some help. I've been looking for a wallpaper of this image:

But no luck so far.. the closest one I found was on chevron26.com, but that wallpaper has a second Gate on the bottom left corner..which to me is a distraction.. so I'm looking for only THAT image in 1024x768 or somewhere close to it. Anyone know where I might find it? Any help appreciated!
      Hi, this image comes from a wallpaper of Mirko Stoedter, you will find it here:
      http://www.thescifiworld.net/wallpap...kostoedter.htm
      http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/wal...3_1024x768.jpg

You will not find any other version of it.
      Gilles
      http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
      Ben Browder interview
      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

nyxlily, I don't remember where I snagged this from, it could have been SciFi a long time ago *shrugs*...just don't remember. It's the only size I have too.

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies, Ambermoom and Wallpaperman!

Wow, Mirko is really talented! I really thought that image came from Scifi as I found it on their website. So, is the original image a promotional kinda thing? It looks like it.. thank you once again for the image and links!

Comment

Actually ... Mirko said me that this image inspired him to make his wallpaper
            So, he recreated it completely and it looks like the same :-p
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
              Thank you for the quick replies, Ambermoom and Wallpaperman!

Wow, Mirko is really talented! I really thought that image came from Scifi as I found it on their website. So, is the original image a promotional kinda thing? It looks like it.. thank you once again for the image and links!
              You're welcome and yes, I think it's a promo shot. I just can't remember where I found it (dang senior moments). I didn't know about 'crediting' images prior to posting on GW so I never tagged the image.

Comment

something new from me hope you all like it. it's a sheppard/mckay wallpaper

Comment

Ya'll asked for this.... don't say I didn't warn you!! LOL!!

Comment

Don't forget Elspeth's Challenges

Comment

I'm looking for wallpaper submissions, so I thought this thread was the right place. I run McKay/Weir Central and was hoping people would be willing to contribute to the photogallery there.

We have not only a shippy wallpapers folder (and a place for OT3 graphics) but character wallpapers folders - one for Weir/Torri wallpapers and another for McKay/David ones.

The gallery is here. To submit wallpapers you either have to be registered and use member photo upload to place the wallpaper in the appropriate folder (only jpgs for now though) or email me or Toasteronfire (who's also on GW) who can upload it for you. Obviously uploading it yourself has the benefit that people can more easily give you feedback.

Comment

here are a few more wallpapers that i have created

Rose and the Doctor

Doctor Who

Spanky

McShep

David Tennant

SciFi Friday
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's my latest attempt.

edit...PM I really like your 2nd DW wallpaper.

Comment

sweet! i like your wp and your sig
                            sigpic

Comment

WOw, yours is brilliant Egeria... very cool Art-work

Here's one I made...my first Sam-one as far as I remember

Comment

wow some great sg fanart here..i think i have found a home -sniff- heh hope to be here often to gawk at everyones work...

1280x800
                                "you are a great champion. When you ran the ground shook, the sky opened and mere mortals parted, parted the way to victory."

Comment

Working...
                                X