• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was he in Earth:2?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
      Was he in Earth:2?

From his Bio:

Legions of Highlander fans know him as the prototype villain "Kurgan" in the original film that grew into a franchise. Stephen King fans saw him create the hilarious and terrifying "Gus Gilbert" in Pet Sematary 2.

And on the short-lived, but well-loved, NBC series Earth 2 he found new fans as the gruff but lovable dad "John Danziger." His films have crossed the genres from thrillers: Blue Steel, Donor Unknown, Past Midnight, and Ambition; to true-life drama: The Laramie Project, Desperate Rescue, Love, Lies & Murder, and The Man Who Broke 1,000 Chains; from family films: Radiant City and Waiting for the Light; and action: Extreme Prejudice and Shoot to Kill; to animation: Superman, Mortal Kombat, The Mighty Ducks, and SpongeBob SquarePants.

Clancy has also made notable guest appearances on several TV shows, including Lost, ER, China Beach, Enterprise, The Outer Limits, and Tales from the Crypt.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Not forgetting his appearance as Career Ship's Sergeant Zim in "Starship Troopers".
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          From his Bio:

Legions of Highlander fans know him as the prototype villain "Kurgan" in the original film that grew into a franchise. Stephen King fans saw him create the hilarious and terrifying "Gus Gilbert" in Pet Sematary 2.

And on the short-lived, but well-loved, NBC series Earth 2 he found new fans as the gruff but lovable dad "John Danziger." His films have crossed the genres from thrillers: Blue Steel, Donor Unknown, Past Midnight, and Ambition; to true-life drama: The Laramie Project, Desperate Rescue, Love, Lies & Murder, and The Man Who Broke 1,000 Chains; from family films: Radiant City and Waiting for the Light; and action: Extreme Prejudice and Shoot to Kill; to animation: Superman, Mortal Kombat, The Mighty Ducks, and SpongeBob SquarePants.

Clancy has also made notable guest appearances on several TV shows, including Lost, ER, China Beach, Enterprise, The Outer Limits, and Tales from the Crypt.
          I laughed like a drain (and still do) when he turns and says 'Mom' to the little old lady he'd got into the car with after disposing of her husband. That grin! It tickles me just thinking about it Just that grin and the safety pins round his neck *chuckle* That was a part guaranteed to make sure you never forgot him. Now going off to find my copy of Highlander and watch it again. Aaaah, Conor McLeod (Christopher Lambert) when he says 'lots of different places' in that accent.........
          Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
          STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I have found as well that the 'b' list actors, so to speak, are often far more accessible than the 'a' list ones. No duh there.

ANd yeah, i'm sure there's a 'high maintenance' list of actors, whose actions and demands and attitude simply aren't worth whatever draw they may have.

And there are some actors that simply don't do cons, because they don't want to.
            Yes this is very often true My first true con experience a few years ago I attended a room party where several of the "b" actors showed up. I even shared my breakfast with one a couple of days later because he was trapped at the hotel and I had left to pick up food. He was starving and due on stage soon so I gave him half which he gratefully took.

I find you attend for the big name draws and usually enjoy the rest of the actors as much if not more than the A listers.

I've also seen those that clearly are uncomfortable being at a con. Some because I think they are just more reserved or shy people and not the extrovert we are used to at cons. Also those that seem to have distain for the fans. I do think that con organizers probably share that attitude with others so that you don't generally hear about that person at a con in the future.
            Last edited by aboleyn24; 01 August 2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I think that because of the public nature of the acting profession many assume all actors are outgoing but many are actually very shy. Therefore it is difficult for some to do conventions. I give them credit for doing it when they are not totally comfortable doing so. However, their shyness may be misinterpreted by fans as being rude or not friendly.

Also, keep in mind some actors have had bad experiences with the lunatic fringe. Unfortunately that may taint their interaction with the average fan.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I think that because of the public nature of the acting profession many assume all actors are outgoing but many are actually very shy. Therefore it is difficult for some to do conventions. I give them credit for doing it when they are not totally comfortable doing so. However, their shyness may be misinterpreted by fans as being rude or not friendly.

Also, keep in mind some actors have had bad experiences with the lunatic fringe. Unfortunately that may taint their interaction with the average fan.

Absolutely.....it takes understanding from fans too.....I have come across, and heard about, some fans whose expectations far exceed what can reasonably be provided by the actors and/or organisers.....however the fan sees it as an insult to them personally and can sometimes, (ONLY SOMETIMES I hasten to add) be a tad vocal in their "badmouthing" of the actor because of the perceived "slight" to the fan...

Personally in the Stargate Fandom I've never received anything more than exemplary behaviour and treatment from every single actor that I've met.....they've been simply wonderful....

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

for some actors, i watch them put on their 'game face' when they get on stage. They put on a personna when they're talking to fans. It's kinda like, at work, how you interact when you're at a public meeting and representing your company, and how you act with your friends.

it's the same with actors. how they act when they're in the public and 'on the clock' and how they act with their friends

however, it can be mentally exhausting to keep up that personna for hours and hours and hours
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    for some actors, i watch them put on their 'game face' when they get on stage. They put on a personna when they're talking to fans. It's kinda like, at work, how you interact when you're at a public meeting and representing your company, and how you act with your friends.

it's the same with actors. how they act when they're in the public and 'on the clock' and how they act with their friends

however, it can be mentally exhausting to keep up that personna for hours and hours and hours
                    Cliff Simon does an exemplary job of putting on a game face. He is really a very private person and has had lots of negative things happen to him over his career, so he is wary of letting people into his life. But he also recognizes that the fans put him where he is and he is very thankful and appreciative of that. So he goes out of his way to be accommodating. He is also a great gentleman.
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

A convention should be a positive experience for both the celebrity and the fan. To make that happen, we both have to contribute.

Comment

A convention should be a positive experience for both the celebrity and the fan. To make that happen, we both have to contribute.
                        Well said.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Amen to that!

While we are the ones that pay to attend the event, I feel it is just as important for us to remember that the guests are just people too and have feelings also. And I just as much would like to see them enjoying themselves as well. Provides an all around amazing experience for everyone who attends.....fans and guests alike.
                          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Well said.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
                            Thanks.

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                            Amen to that!

While we are the ones that pay to attend the event, I feel it is just as important for us to remember that the guests are just people too and have feelings also. And I just as much would like to see them enjoying themselves as well. Provides an all around amazing experience for everyone who attends.....fans and guests alike.
                            I think the key word there is "guests". Treat them as you would a guest in your home.

Comment

Thanks.

I think the key word there is "guests". Treat them as you would a guest in your home.
                              Exactly. They don't have to be there. They can choose weather to accept the invitations to attend the events/cons or not. Just as much as we can choose to attend the events/cons.

And unless one has low or poor standards of themselves, we should treat the guests no less than we would expect to be treated.
                              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

there's also the offchance that if enough fans treat said guest badly, they could start refusing to appear at conventions altogether. We'd definitely lose out big time there, and, whilst quite a few of the 'smaller' guests need the money, some of the others don't.

I'd like my experience with guests at all the cons I intend going to in future to be like my experience at Creation. All of the guests bar one, were lovely, but I'm not going to bad-mouth the one who wasn't. I thought he was very rude and stand-offish, but I've never heard anyone else say anything bad about him, so it must have been just a one-off I think. Hey, it had been a long day, after all.
                                Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                                STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Working...
                                X