Convention Etiquette: Discussion and Advice on Do's and Don'ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abby_i View Post
    Were you one of us lucky enough to meet him when he was decked out in his kilt etc? Cos oh my...
    SG-999 were the ones who kept him supplied with Irn Bru.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
      Unfortunately, I was only able to gawk at the pics certain lucky people were nice enough to post here on GW. I've met him twice as well, though.

Did I mention I love men in kilts? I don't think we fangirls will ever get that lucky again... *sigh* LOL, I can only imagine what would happen if he decided to wear his kilt at one of the larger USA cons. Not that I'd be the one doing it, of course, but that'd be practically asking to be groped.
      Alas! The only time I've ever worn a kilt was when I was Best Man at my brother's wedding.

I've got a nice suit though. See?

sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he got some groping during the photo op he had there, even. Maybe that's why we haven't seen him wearing it since?
        Well, hopefully no-one at the UK con groped him! Though he himself was quite grabby, not that I minded!

If you want more pictures of the pretty man in the kilt, you can see mine here: http://www.life-thru-a-lens.net/cl/a...s/pm_sg11.html
        Abby-I.net

Comment

Ooooooo! Pretteh! Insta-bookmark material. Thanks!

Haha, on the topic of him being grabby, I have to say that the first time I met him up close, my friend happened to mention that I was at the SCB rally in Vancouver. He displayed a big, dimpled grin, leaned over a corner table that was between us, and gave me a bear hug I'll never forget. I'll never forget that unique smell of his (Scotch whiskey and an awesome cologne I've already forgotten the name of).

He's really too nice a guy. I really hope nobody groped him either, I just can't imagine that some of the crazies wouldn't be tempted buy the hotness of Paul + kilt.

Oh! And, nice suit, BruTak.

Comment

Aye, that's us Scots allright. Very big on the touching and feeling - within mutually acceptable boundaries of course.
            sigpic

Comment

Ooooooo! Pretteh! Insta-bookmark material. Thanks!
              No problem. I think there are some more floating around on the main site (life-thru-a-lens.net/cl) too, when he's with other people - the codings a bit scewed at the moment though, so sorry for the excessive scroll bars! I'm just annoyed I didn't go back the next day when he played doctor! But my alarm went off at 4am, and leaving my bed just wasn't going to happen. LOL

Haha, on the topic of him being grabby, I have to say that the first time I met him up close, my friend happened to mention that I was at the SCB rally in Vancouver. He displayed a big, dimpled grin, leaned over a corner table that was between us, and gave me a bear hug I'll never forget.
              Heh, sounds excellent! Mine was when the photographer cut my arm off (since I was was too 'large' for his normal focal length - never heard of a zooming out I guess!), and I was trying to figure out what to do with my arm, so it got grabbed, layed across him while the rest of me got pulled into a huge hug. Most excellent. Sadly, though he looks great in the photos, I look awful!

[quote]I think people are normally pretty good with established con shows (unlike say, SPN), however there was the incident with JF at P1, so I guess it's possible, though I really hope not.
              Abby-I.net

Comment

I think people are normally pretty good with established con shows (unlike say, SPN), however there was the incident with JF at P1, so I guess it's possible, though I really hope not.
                What incident?
                Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Alas! The only time I've ever worn a kilt was when I was Best Man at my brother's wedding.

I've got a nice suit though. See?

Blues Brother!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                    What incident?
                    From what I recall, someone decided it'd be a grand idea to rub or stoke his chest during the photo session. After that all photos with Joe were seated, and I can't say I blame him. Not as bad as the SPN incident, but still not in any way appropriate.
                    Abby-I.net

Comment

The SPN incident was at a con I was at. Jensen Ackles hadn't made his first on-stage appearance yet, but had just emerged from the lift to come into the hall. A girl, maybe 19 or early 20s, ran at him, wrapped all four limbs around him, was peeled off him by a minder, and fought her way free of the minder to launch another attempt on Jensen. He ran back to the lift, and when he came into the hall ten minutes later he looked well freaked.

The girl got kicked out, and her poor sister must have had a rotten time the rest of the weekend. Jensen rallied, and seemed at ease by the next day, but he was certainly more reserved than the average con-guest throughout, and if he got a bad impression of cons and/or England as a result, who'd blame the poor chap.

The only ettiquette for con-goers who are present at this sort of ghastly affair is to give the guest all the space you can. In the photo-session, let them take the lead vis-a-vis how close to stand, at the autograph session don't offer your hand if your appreciation can be said in brief words, and absolutely no flirting in the Q&A.

Madeleine

Comment

Yep, I'm really not sure why someone would think launching yourself off some stairs at the guest you've come to see is a good idea. I heard she wrote a letter apologizing later though, so that's something.

And though Jensen was slightly more reserved than he may have been before, he was still lovely in both the photo sessions and the autographs, which I I'm rather surprised at. Not because of anything bad about him, just that if someone had done that to me, I'd be more than a little wary about the large number of females waiting to see me, but he was warm and friendly both times I met him. Fingers crossed Jared gets treated better.
                        Abby-I.net

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                          Blues Brother!!!
                          My freinds seem to think I look like a gangster.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            My freinds seem to think I look like a gangster.

So, wear that Jacket, hat, and glasses with a kilt. You can really wow the ladies then. I'd love to see a picture of that. LOL.

Back to the ettiquette portion of our thread:

I understand the need for security for many of the actors at conventions. In fact, I often wonder what they think of us, since to them, what they are doing is just a very cool job. But, what about the actor's ettiquette? Is it the fan's responsibility to report talent that have gotten, shall we say, a little more friendly with certain fans, then they should?

Comment

Just over two years ago at Wolf SG-10 in London, [mod snip to protect the innocent/guilty/whatever] was observed sneaking off with a young blonde lady.

Whether or not she was his girlfriend, I couldn't say...
                              Last edited by Madeleine; 18 January 2008, 01:12 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I've heard similar stories about [mod snip of names of certain actors]. It's pretty sad, really. Word gets about, 'cause I can't imagine that anyone who actually managed to sleep with thier favorite actor (or actress, though I've not heard of any) wouldn't want to brag about it to all their fellow fans.
                                Last edited by Madeleine; 18 January 2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X