Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Mobile Fan Game

Hi folks,

I am currently working on a Stargate Atlantis Mobile Fan Game.

First Look here:
    https://youtu.be/J8BUTpT1uco
    Iam currently concentrating on the game mechanics ( flight behavior, scoring system, wraith AI etc.)
    The goal is to explore the city and defend it from Wraith Dart attack. Because there is unfortunately no mobile game in the Stargate Universe, I decided to make my own game from a fan for other fans.
    If someone is interested to support me (3d modelling, sounds etc.) please get in touch with me
    Hope I can release in a couple of weeks a first version (alpha - APK). Hope I can find fans who want to test it and give feedback

Thanks!

You are certainly off to a good start!! Looking forward to seeing more!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm always up for testing.

I lack the time to commit to much else at the moment.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This actually looks nice.

But I'm wondering, as you state in the opening of the youtube clip: this is not officially licensed.
        Isn't this going to open a can of worms legally speaking? Isn't MGM/Amazon going to jump on this and kill it off, as they did with the Stargate Network game already?

Comment

Maybe it's possible that the someday kill it off.
          Unfortunately, this is a possible risk.
          I didn't know that Stargate Network got problems for that reason... Is there an information about that somewhere in the internet?
          There is also a fan game called Stargate Voyager,which you can download in the Google app store. And this exists since end of 2020.
          Mhhh...we will see.

Comment

Ok...I found some information about the Stargate Network project. Seems that not MGM or Amazon stopped the project.
            There are rumors that Slitherine (Stargate: Timekeepers) is behind that, because the have the Stargate Game Rights.

Comment

Originally posted by PettyTyrant View Post
              Ok...I found some information about the Stargate Network project. Seems that not MGM or Amazon stopped the project.
              There are rumors that Slitherine (Stargate: Timekeepers) is behind that, because the have the Stargate Game Rights.
              Well yeah, potato potato
              The end result is the same: getting a cease-and-desist letter slapped on you because you violated the rights of the license holder, be it MGM, Amazon, Slitherine or whoever else has the rights at the moment.

It still is, after all, a commercial IP with rights, licenses and ownership linked to it.

I'm also not sure if it is related to whether or not you're trying to earn money with it or are giving it away for free.
              This maybe depends on your country or whatever, I don't know, I'm not a lawyer so you shouldn't listen to a word I'm saying, I'm not a qualified expert.

On the other hand, Stargate Network also was free and they got C & D'd, so ...

I guess the only sound advice I can give you is: if you want to cover all your bases, check with a lawyer for qualified advice

Comment

Low profile helps so to keep it going.

Stargate Network was promoting itself maybe a little too well, and when it catches the attention of the bigwigs, you're bound to get that C&D.

I think you shouldn't put anything on hold just yet.

Comment

I will definitely continue and we will see where it ends
                  It's also a project for me to learn the Unreal Engine and that's a thing they can not take me ????

Comment

Hi,
                    Update:
                    I released an Alpha Version of my little Stargate Atlantis Mobile Fan Game
                    It's an Open Test in Google Play Store.
                    You find the Links to the Play Store in the Video Description on youtube.

https://youtu.be/V6pDlkBt_Cw

I would appreciate any kind of feedback
                    Have fun

Comment

I shall give that a try later! Thanks for the update.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Must check it out too... more distractions from work are always welcome...

Comment

Working...
                        X