Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nits were Dax (purple parrot who posts here occasionally), River(?), Steve(?) and someone else.

'Nutty' got mis-spelled 'Nitty' one time, and all of a sudden there were Nits everywhere, being very nitty. With lots of glee and gusto

Madeleine

Comment

Thanks for explaining,Madeleine! Seems like great fun,IMO!

My typo's are many...but in RL,much less fun,as Hubby needs a competent Typist! Usually faster, if he does his letters himself ,but I'm getting better.
      (Sometimes! )
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

digging this thread up again . anyone got any other memories?

I just remembered a VERY important one. GW/Starguide was were I first met all my 'gate friends.

I miss the chats in the chat room :'(.

I remember if I was stuck on ANYTHING to do with computers all i needed to do was post the question on the forum. Within 1/4 of a hour someone would have posted a answer.

If I was feeling low all I needed to do was spend some time in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          digging this thread up again . anyone got any other memories?
          Not at the moment, but it's nice to see you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            Not at the moment, but it's nice to see you.
            I don't so much remember things, but remember people.

I remember Madeleine and her tea thing.

I do remember MC, how could I not with that lovely Clanger? And the spoons.

I remember, Mal, Ruralstar, Mala.. in particular, and most of all shippers as I tended to post in the shipper thread. I remember waxing lyrically about how much I hated Pete, and various other rants.

I used to be Captian/LtSheba in the delphi forum, and was but an insignificant pipsqueak.

I remember I used to post a lot in OS and try and convert them, but they weren't having it... Wisely I'm sure. Since we left delphi I don't visit there so much, partly because it was so easy to go between one and t'other. It's a shame because I miss out on their point of view.

Comment

I do remember being totally obsessed with posting on the forum.

I remember the chats too and when they got to be so huge that it was impossible to keep up anymore.

I remember when trolls would jump in the chats and we would ignore them until they went away.

I also remember once being in chat, and a girl popped in, who was in the hospital waiting for her baby to be born, so was playing on the internet while she waited. It was kind of interesting and we helped her pass the time for a bit.
              sigpic

Comment

I also remember once being in chat, and a girl popped in, who was in the hospital waiting for her baby to be born, so was playing on the internet while she waited. It was kind of interesting and we helped her pass the time for a bit.
                Wow! bet that was intresting

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                  Wow! bet that was intresting
                  It was actually. She only stayed on for about 10-15 minutes, but it was kind of neat.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was actually. She only stayed on for about 10-15 minutes, but it was kind of neat.
                    Have to admit I found it rather disturbing. Not that I've ever been in that situation but I can't imagine hooking up to the internet and talking to complete strangers just at that point. Or maybe I'm still annoyed because I was in the middle of telling a funny story and never got to finish it because of her.

Comment

And somewhere midway into S5, I had the great pleasure of meeting Feli, betaing her fics, and forming a friendship that is still very important to me.
                      (((((Kat))))))

I can't believe I never saw this post before!

I can still remember my surprise and gratitude when you offered - out of the blue - to beta any fic I wrote. I'd only been active in online fandom for less than two months and simply couldn't believe how friendly and terrific the people were I met there. I wrote my first fic in one day only - which for a non-native speaker, I'd like to point out, is rather difficult. But I was so motivated after your offer that I just had to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                        Have to admit I found it rather disturbing. Not that I've ever been in that situation but I can't imagine hooking up to the internet and talking to complete strangers just at that point. Or maybe I'm still annoyed because I was in the middle of telling a funny story and never got to finish it because of her.
                        It was rather odd wasn't it? I think that as much as I love you guys, that if I were in labor, the last thing on my mind would be surfing the net and chatting. Thing was, she didn't even know us. She was just popping into chat rooms, killing time. Very strange now that I think about it. 8)

Do you remember what the funny story was? 8)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                          (((((Kat))))))

I can't believe I never saw this post before!

I can still remember my surprise and gratitude when you offered - out of the blue - to beta any fic I wrote. I'd only been active in online fandom for less than two months and simply couldn't believe how friendly and terrific the people were I met there. I wrote my first fic in one day only - which for a non-native speaker, I'd like to point out, is rather difficult. But I was so motivated after your offer that I just had to do it.
                          (((((Feli)))))

And you did such a lovely job of it too. I was very surprised at your command of the English language. If you hadn't told me it wasn't your native language I would never have known.
                          sigpic

Comment

It was rather odd wasn't it? I think that as much as I love you guys, that if I were in labor, the last thing on my mind would be surfing the net and chatting. Thing was, she didn't even know us. She was just popping into chat rooms, killing time. Very strange now that I think about it. 8)

Do you remember what the funny story was? 8)
                            Well, I can imagine that while in labor I would want to talk to you guys and complain about hubs and how I'm never letting him near me again...

But you're my friends, not strangers.

And nope, can't remember the story.

Comment

(((((Feli)))))

And you did such a lovely job of it too. I was very surprised at your command of the English language. If you hadn't told me it wasn't your native language I would never have known.
                              LOL! It's actually happened to me that I read an old fic of mine and saw a word in there I didn't even know I knew...

Comment

Working...
                              X