GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Fresh Horse.

Welcome to the madness re: the con experience. Although, as was said here already, the AT weekends are less con more gathering of friends. Having done the Creation Con in Vancouver and Avalon and AT3, I would plum for the AT weekends as best. Great fun, good time, wonderful people....'nuff said!

Best to all

S'n'T
    "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
    Sara O' Neill's father;
    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
      That or [email protected]

Mumsey and Becky are away this weekend. They'll have limited connection, if at all, so you might not get a full response until they return. You should send it anyway, in case it can dealt with while they're away.

Tim
      GABIT Staff
      Thank you. An email is winging its way atm concerning my tickets and my request for them. Whenever they return to read it is fine. With them being away, I doubt the engines of Gabit will be turning too much to miss anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Now you see what happens when Jan and I won't be there.
        New instigators pop up to take your place?
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          yeah, and don't put that off too long. remember that, if you don't have them, you have to chase down your ORIGINAL birth certificate...and in some 'bad' cases that can take weeks/months (especially if you have to get another copy from the county courthouse where you were born)

I'm not trying to panic anyone, and i know that there are still 8 months to go before cons....but also, sometimes you can't buy the airline tickets until you have the pass port (at least the last time i bought in international ticket - gatecon last august - i had to enter my passport number when i booked the ticket.

may not be standard across airlines, but honestly, if you don't have your passport yet, i'd suggest making that your first priority
          I agree whole-heartedly. You never know what bureaucratic red tape will get in your way.

I had to apply for an official copy of my birth certificate from California, and their backlog meant it would be over six months before I'd get it. And they never answered their phone. I spent a lot of time on the phone with a helpful passport person who figured out a way for me to get it in time for the trip. It cost a fortune though. (Money well spent.) My birth certificate arrived about two months after I got home from the trip.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fresh_Horse;9785575]Me too and I am not a con virgin!
            Some of you kids have the strangest ideas.
            If you are this hyper 9 months from the event what are you going to be like in November?[/QUOTE]

Especially after all that chocolate!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;9786729]
              Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
              Me too and I am not a con virgin!
              If you are this hyper 9 months from the event what are you going to be like in November?[/QUOTE]

You do realize EH-T that it's your job to keep the 'unruly' ones in line
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                If you are this hyper 9 months from the event what are you going to be like in November?

Don't worry, we'll give you a practice run in Vancouver when there's just 3 of us to manage. I'll bring extra bounce. All you have to do then is multiply the madness by about a quadrillion and you'll be fully prepared by Gabit!
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Mandysg1;9786880]

I thought that was Mumsy's job?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  Don't worry, we'll give you a practice run in Vancouver when there's just 3 of us to manage. I'll bring extra bounce. All you have to do then is multiply the madness by about a quadrillion and you'll be fully prepared by Gabit!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

When I applied for my passport over a year ago now, it kinda got lost in the mail and took MUCH longer than the normal 6wks or so promised. Good thing I applied at least 6 months in advance or I wouldnt have made it to AT3 that May.

Do apply for your passport early!!

Comment

Chocolate, do I hear chocolate?? I LOVE chocolate (especially ours LOL Belgian chocolate is <3)

BTW, I also booked my flights YAY!
                      I'll arrive Friday evening and sadly, I have to go back Sunday evening. I just hope I won't miss too much of the closing ceremony. (Flight is at 19.55 ... last flight I could afford)
                      * Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" *
                      ~ C.S. Lewis, British novelist ~

Comment

If you are this hyper 9 months from the event what are you going to be like in November?
                        Yeah!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        Not sure that's what EH-T wants.

I thought that was Mumsy's job?

I'll help you. All those years of training all kinds of martial arts have to be good for something.

Or maybe we can just start the "serious folks who can enjoy themselves without freaking everyone else out" group?!?

Sort of like a group for *older* people.
                        You'll bring the beer, I'll bring the popcorn.

Comment

Or maybe we can just start the "serious folks who can enjoy themselves without freaking everyone else out" group?!?

Sort of like a group for *older* people.
                          You'll bring the beer, I'll bring the popcorn.
                          Hahaha .... so, we're talking how old???

*bounce*

Mieke ... glad you booked your flight! Hopefully you won't have to leave too early.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks like there'll be lots of bookings being made now...this is way too much fun!!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That countdown is getting better and better everyday!!! Thanks for the daily pick me up Mal!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X