GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys

My friend sue is in a badge making name. ANyone want a free fun badge? It has apic of amanda on it and then will have your name

if you do, PM me but dont' wait too long. we fly out friday (next friday) so i would say if you can't your name to me/her by then, she won't be able to make it. If you've already given your name to sue on her live journal, you don't have to do it twice
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      Warning: This request contains a technical sewing description...

Mumsey and I are seeking a couple of volenteers...

We are in the process of finishing off the Quilt of Many Hugs quilt which will be presented to Amanda At AT3. We are completeling it in a "quilt-as-you-go" method which involves rather a lot of hand sewing on the back. We need to put a hanging sleeve on the top back so it can be displayed, but we have to get it done and off to the cleaners for the fluffing washing toot sweet. I was going to sew the sleeve into the top boarder attachement seam and the binding but it gives a better finish and the quilt will be under less stress if the sleeve is attached seperately.

Could we bother a couple of people (must be competant hand sewers) to stitch the sleeve on. It's a rather eerrmm large quilt... ( hence having to take to cleaners for washing ) so there is a significnat bit of sewing to do, about 24-36 foot. It's not that difficult if you can sew/ embroider as it's done with a blind hemming/ invisible applique type stitch.

Work needs to be done on thursday at the hotel. needles, pins and thread provided.

any takers???

Becks & Mumsey
      QOMH Project
      Hey Becky, I haven't sewn in many years and Jan says she doesn't sew, but with a few lessons we may be able to lend a hand (or 4) or if you need us to do other things to free up those who can sew. We do get in on Thursday rather early (around 6:30 am) We could report for duty as soon as we clear customs

Will this by any chance get us off the miscreant list?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Scifithinker, you have another member of middle school staff backing you up from this end. I'm sure Amy will back you up as well.... if she makes it.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          OK, after all this talk of spitballs and peashooters and so on, I'd simply like to remind you that I teach at a middle school.
          DON'T MAKE ME USE MY TEACHER VOICE!

Pffft!
          sigpic

Comment

yeah, i'm skeered

sigpic

Comment

do me a flavor please, if you want badges, make sure you specify your name as you want it

if you don't i'll have to guess and it might not be pretty

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                do me a flavor please, if you want badges, make sure you specify your name as you want it

if you don't i'll have to guess and it might not be pretty
                I think you should guess on all of them. That could be much more interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

OK, after all this talk of spitballs and peashooters and so on, I'd simply like to remind you that I teach at a middle school.
                  <<Wipes blood out of ears.>>
                  Hey!!!

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                    Scifithinker, you have another member of middle school staff backing you up from this end. I'm sure Amy will back you up as well.... if she makes it.
                    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    yeah, i'm skeered
                    Count me in - and don't forget the always important glare, as perfected by moms and teachers all over the globe.
                    Sky, you should be skeered. Vawee, vawee skeered....
                    Unless you don't plan on misbehaving, in which case you have nowt to worry about!
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                      * quickly crawls under desk and cowers*
                      *shows rderoch the jumbo-sized roll of duct tape hidden behind back and nods imperceptibly toward all the middle school teachers*
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

*notes where SS is sitting*
                        *gives warning stare*

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                          *shows rderoch the jumbo-sized roll of duct tape hidden behind back and nods imperceptibly toward all the middle school teachers*
                          bwahaha! *slinks toward star's seat to help with the tape*
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

*catches rderoch out of seat*
                            *turns on full glare*

ames on facebook

Comment

13 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                Count me in - and don't forget the always important glare, as perfected by moms and teachers all over the globe.
                                Sky, you should be skeered. Vawee, vawee skeered....
                                Unless you don't plan on misbehaving, in which case you have nowt to worry about!

All this talk of misbehaving! Tsk tsk. If you're not all careful I shall subject you to one of my "looks". Perfected over years of being the Headmistress' PA and throwing warning and disparaging looks at people who DARE to attempt to enter her office without checking with me first. LOL!

<note: I'm a pussycat really but it doesn't hurt to have a glare like a lion! >

Ask the rest of the Gabit team about my looks - apparently they've got numbers (I never knew I had more than one look!) - not sure what number we're up to now, but I'm sure I can dig up a special one for misbehaving Samandans in the audience - and remember I *know* where you're all sitting and I'll have a good view of all of you from where I'll be.....hee hee.

Hey Mumsey, laminate the seating chart for me will you and make it pocket sized.......?

Becks, can we have a chat about revising the rules and regs for the main hall please......
                                <evil grin>

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X