Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    *lobs some popcorn, peanuts, and papercups at the spazmeister*

You're not that far away.... in air miles.....

((((Spaz))))
    Hey!!!

*lobs pringles at ShimmeringStar*

Comment

Update: BAA have altered some of the liquid-related restrictions for travellers heading out of the UK, it's a tad wordy but worth checking out to prevent hassle on the way home

From BAA's Airport Security website:

Airport security- Government adjusts ban on liquids, gels and aerosols

02 November 2006
      The Department for Transport today announced that, from 6 November, passengers may carry a limited quantity of liquids i.e. gels, lotions, pastes, liquid cosmetics, foams and foodstuffs in their hand baggage when going through airport security checkpoints. Heightened security restrictions remain at all UK airports. All passengers will be subject to hand baggage restrictions, and are asked to be patient while these additional security measures are in place, and allow extra time for their journey and to arrive at the airport prepared for the security restrictions.

GUIDELINES:
      Here is a guide to the security restrictions which will be in place at all our airports from 6 November.

Hand baggage restrictions

Passengers are allowed to carry ONE item of hand baggage, no larger than:
      • 56 centimetres tall (approximately 22 inches)
      • 45 centimetres wide (approximately 17.7 inches)
      • 25 centimetres deep (approximately 10 inches)
      through the airport security search point. This is the maximum bag size allowed through security. Smaller bag sizes may apply depending on which airline you travel with. We therefore advise you to contact your airline

Please note that other bags, such as handbags, may be carried WITHIN the single item of cabin baggage - not in addition. All items carried by passengers will be X-ray screened. Cameras, (including digital, small electrical items such as mobile phones, MP3 players and Gameboys can remain in the bag for screening. However, all laptops and large electrical items must be removed from the bag and placed in a separate tray.

New rules for taking liquids through airport security

From 6 November, the following rules will be implemented and apply to all liquids you wish to carry through an airport security checkpoint:
      • All liquids must be in individual containers not greater than 100ml capacity
      • All containers must be placed in one transparent re-sealable transparent bag, no larger than 20cm x 20cm 8" x 8" in size. The containers must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be fastened closed
      • Only one bag per passenger is allowed. The bag must be clear and re-sealable, such as ‘ziplock’ bags or bags with pressable seals. Larger bags or bags that are sealable, such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed
      • Each passenger must remove their clear plastic bag from their hand baggage and place it in on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening
      • Liquids in containers of more than 100ml capacity can be packed in your checked in baggage
      Further passenger information
      • All shops and catering outlets are open to all passengers before and after security. However, items purchased before security must fit into your ONE item of hand baggage and the restrictions on liquids also apply. After the security check, passengers are able to take all items purchased in the departures lounge onboard the aircraft.
      You can check it out for more updates here and also here

Comment

14 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Man, I have a hell of a fever. The silver lining (I hope) is that the false gods have decided to give it to me now so that I will be well shot of it in time for Gabit.
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Rune View Post
            Update: BAA have altered some of the liquid-related restrictions for travellers heading out of the UK, it's a tad wordy but worth checking out to prevent hassle on the way home
            Thanks Rune
            sigpic

Comment

I don't have a seat assignment.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I thought you weren't going Boy am I confused!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  You should be on the chart. Unfortunately your name is so long I can't fit it in the boxes. I just used SCRules. I just asssumed everyone would know that SC stands for Sam Carter.
                  Thanks for that, my brain wasn't working when I read it got now though(guess I'm not as smart as Sam after all lol)

samcarterrules(julia)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                    How about if you bring him a nice present; surely he wouldn't mind then.

Oh yes, a nice, signed RDA pic. And if he doesn't want it I'll just have to keep it for myself...

Comment

Wow! Skydiver has THE best seat in the entire house! NICE GOING GIRL!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post

Oh yes, a nice, signed RDA pic. And if he doesn't want it I'll just have to keep it for myself...
                        Thats's the spirit! Just think, maybe you could bring RDA home and he might let you keep him too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                          Wow! Skydiver has THE best seat in the entire house! NICE GOING GIRL!

mg
                          i know. i'm very surprised and thankful for that. I have never had such nice seats
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i know. i'm very surprised and thankful for that. I have never had such nice seats
                            Who did you bribe, and how much did it cost you?

My LJ

Comment

Here's the most current version of the seating chart. If I've missed anyone or if you'd like to be added please let me know. I noticed several of our more vocal attendees haven't mentioned where they will be sitting. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. Just remember, I was at Gabit last year, so I know what you look like, you can not hide! Muhahaha
                              I'm not hiding (except from Kliggy), I've just been too busy with real life to post. I'm in seat C07, just in front of you Kat.
                              Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                              Yes, most definitely a rowdy bunch!!
                              I actually have a diploma for tuba playing. Perhaps I should bring it instead of the banjo? Hmmmm...I don't think the airport security would be too happy as I try to bring in on as hand luggage whilst giving a rendition of the Stargate theme

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                              Thanks for the chart, Kat!

Wow! It looks like I'm off in no-man's land!
                              Don't worry, I'll give you a wave every now an then, and maybe lob a pan drop or two at you.

Not long to go now!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                I thought you weren't going Boy am I confused!

I will be attending it alone, the same with Avalon. And I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself during that week in between. I've been to London many times, so the usual touristy things are out.....guess I'll take train rides. Sorry to confuse you Tracy, but my life is a tad on the hectic side at the moment and one might even say, it's disintegrating......

Gee, as I'm not on the seating chart, guess I won't be there after all.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X