No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=EH-T;12745431]Very logical analysis.

i surprise myself sometimes.

Comment

so eh-t, will you be coming to see cj at the chgo con next month?

Comment

Happy July 4 USA Gabiteers!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
          so eh-t, will you be coming to see cj at the chgo con next month?
          Nope. No plans to do so. Just gave a bunch more money to S4K (they had this cool thing called an auction ), planning to make a donation for an upcoming birthday and going to Italy in the fall so no plans to spend money going to Chicago.

Funny thing is, he was at the Calgary Comic Expo a couple of weekends ago. That would have been perfect. Closest to me he has ever been, very inexpensive entrance fee, I have friends in Calgary i could have stayed with but I had a family weekend get-away booked so the timing didn't work out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

so i'll have the chicago stargate con in august and then dragon con in sept. to help calm my con withdrawal. just purchased my photo ops with amanda, so i'm all set. not as good as a gabit con, but better than nothing.

Comment

Just received my shiny new passport, good for five more years of international meetups for the appreciation of bluey goodness! Erm .... for fundraising conferences! With friends from all over the world! ...and bluey goodness! Which raises monies for charities, so ... I swear, I had a point when I started this post. Oh yes - I have a valid passport! YAY!!! LOL
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS . now try not to lose it before you need it.

Comment

*tries to look innocently confused* Who me?
                  *realises no one is fooled* Sigh...

Actually, I have a special place all lined up, and it'll be heading into there before I turn out the light tonight!
                  ...and no, I won't forget where the special place is! LOL
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Nope. No plans to do so. Just gave a bunch more money to S4K (they had this cool thing called an auction ), planning to make a donation for an upcoming birthday and going to Italy in the fall so no plans to spend money going to Chicago.

Funny thing is, he was at the Calgary Comic Expo a couple of weekends ago. That would have been perfect. Closest to me he has ever been, very inexpensive entrance fee, I have friends in Calgary i could have stayed with but I had a family weekend get-away booked so the timing didn't work out.
                    Chris will be at Shore Leave in Baltimore this coming weekend!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      Just received my shiny new passport, good for five more years of international meetups for the appreciation of bluey goodness! Erm .... for fundraising conferences! With friends from all over the world! ...and bluey goodness! Which raises monies for charities, so ... I swear, I had a point when I started this post. Oh yes - I have a valid passport! YAY!!! LOL
                      Our passports are valid for 10 years, at least the one I have is. I don't have to renew it until 2020.

Are your passports always issued for the standard five years only?

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                        Chris will be at Shore Leave in Baltimore this coming weekend!
                        I know! He is everywhere this year but other than the brief encounter in the elevator before he had to leave Vancouver, it is not meant to be. I'm sure I will see him somewhere someday and get his autograph in my book.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Our passports are valid for 10 years, at least the one I have is. I don't have to renew it until 2020.

Are your passports always issued for the standard five years only?
                        Yes, our passports are valid for 5 years.

BTW, the Globe & Mail (newspaper) is running a contest which I entered yesterday. The prize? A trip to London in August. Timing is not quite right for a Gabit event but I do love London.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

us passports are 10....mine expires feb 2012 i believe. so i'll need to get a new one cooking in the next few months
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                            *tries to look innocently confused* Who me?
                            *realises no one is fooled* Sigh...

Actually, I have a special place all lined up, and it'll be heading into there before I turn out the light tonight!
                            ...and no, I won't forget where the special place is! LOL
                            Famous last words

I've said that many times myself It is amazing what I come across when I move again.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              I know! He is everywhere this year but other than the brief encounter in the elevator before he had to leave Vancouver, it is not meant to be. I'm sure I will see him somewhere someday and get his autograph in my book.

Yes, our passports are valid for 5 years.

BTW, the Globe & Mail (newspaper) is running a contest which I entered yesterday. The prize? A trip to London in August. Timing is not quite right for a Gabit event but I do love London.
                              Maybe you will get to meet William and Catherine and they can sign your book.

Comment

AMES, write yourself a note and put it in your computer about where you are putting your passport. it's helped me find a few things i thought were lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X