GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
    You Guys are you trying to give the GABIT folks heart failure Really Mumsey we are only speculating in good fun. Take deep breathes remember we love you
    (Puts fingers in ears) LA LA LA LA LA!!!

What???

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Was going over baggage allowance earlier for the different flights we'll be taking and was surprised at how much difference there is between each airline. Just a suggestion, but be sure on your checked baggage weights/measurements and fees (if applicable) before you leave as well as size/weight allowances for carry-on bags. Things have gotten tighter and it's never fun to have a nasty surprise at the airport and have to hurriedly transfer items or (hopefully not!) add another bag to checked because of the various restrictions.
      i never really checked. this is the 1st time i'll be flying american air. better take a look. i know that ryanair to ireland only allows a 30pound bag and you have to pay for it. thanks for bringing that up. another thing to add to my "to do" list which continues to get longer everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
        i never really checked. this is the 1st time i'll be flying american air. better take a look. i know that ryanair to ireland only allows a 30pound bag and you have to pay for it. thanks for bringing that up. another thing to add to my "to do" list which continues to get longer everyday.
        Yeah, I had a wake up call too as I usually work with a 50 pound limit. British Midlands has a 20 kg (44 pounds) limit.

Well, I think I've planned all I can plan and now just have to put stuff into suitcases. When Julia R said she was working on her speech, I thought "Wow, she really is starting early!" Then I kept reading about people packing. Finally, I realized AT5 was only about 3 weeks away. And my flight was only two!

One minor panic attack later, and I think everything is in order. I even know where my passport is sitting.

Sometimes it take more than one brick up side the head for something to sink in

I wish everyone calm preparations and safe travels.

Comment

i've run into a little snag in my planning and need help from someone in the london area. i found a number for the tfl journey planner who can help me plan all my travel around the london area, but, i can't seem to get thru to them. i keep getting a message that says i have reached a non-working number. i called another number(in london) for some other question and they tried the number i have and they got thru, so it is definitely a working number. the phone companies here get the same message. i don't know what the problem is and neither do they. so could someone try calling this number and tell them that i can't get thru and ask if they have another number i can try? its a 24 hour service. i dialed <011 44 843 222 1234>. i'm beginning to get a little frustrated. i've tried with my cell phone and my land line. i'd really appreciate if someone could try calling them. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Yeah, I had a wake up call too as I usually work with a 50 pound limit. British Midlands has a 20 kg (44 pounds) limit.
            Yup. We'll be flying three different airlines and each seem to have different checked baggage weights which could potentially be frustrating, but I suppose that just means we take less clothes, a couple more detergent packets and scope out the available laundromats with each stop. Guh. Hate washing clothes. Small price to pay I guess compared with paying $50 for an extra checked bag because we went over weight limits.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
              Aww as you ask so nicely and I'm busy working on AT5's speech, here you go.

Can't give you Amanda's cos it's not written down anywhere. Sorry. Mine will have to suffice.

AT4 - Closing Ceremony - Julia's Closing Speech & presentation to Amanda

...snip...
              Wanders in to hand out tissues.
              Takes a tissue. Wow, that was... totally beautiful... =)

Time to say hello I've registered here some time ago and I've been reading in this thread and the "Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread" but I haven't written anything yet.I'm 23, Swiss and AT5 will be my first gabit event, first time to see Amanda, and my second convention. I'm looking forward to it

I'll arrive with a friend at the Luton airport. What's the easiest/cheapest way from there to the hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                You bet your sweet bippy.

Tis a story behind this. I live in Michigan so I have no problem with winter, generally speaking, except for the fact that I loathe the season.
                Oh we know you love driving in the Toronto area in winter. But as Trin said the West Coast is the "right" coast
                sigpic

Comment

The Southpaw Coast, perhaps.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Nicer weather than most of the rest of the country in winter though. That far north.

Hooray for Brollywood....
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                      (Puts fingers in ears) LA LA LA LA LA!!!
                      What???
                      Mumsey
                      That trick doesn't work Mumsey - I've been trying that all school holidays...might just leave the kids at the zoo tomorrow - I'm sure they'll feel right at home!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        You bet your sweet bippy.

Tis a story behind this. I live in Michigan so I have no problem with winter, generally speaking, except for the fact that I loathe the season.
                        Tis a long and drawn out, winding story....oh wait no, that the route she took home

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                        Oh we know you love driving in the Toronto area in winter. But as Trin said the West Coast is the "right" coast
                        If you don't mind all the rain...at least in the winter we can shovel our precipitation or throw it at people
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          If you don't mind all the rain...at least in the winter we can shovel our precipitation or throw it at people
                          Mandy *does* love to shovel...something.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Mandy *does* love to shovel...something.
                            It's an art
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              It's an art

Sheer genius.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

i called another number(in london) for some other question and they tried the number i have and they got thru, so it is definitely a working number.
                                I tried an internet phone company and had good results with them for another phone number. It takes a little bit of set-up, but you might find it useful. The way it works is you create an account on their website and tell them the phone number you'd like to call. They create a local phone number for you to call that they connect through to the international number for a (supposedly) smaller fee than your phone company would charge. (They say they can offer a lower rate because they're connecting the call via the internet.) Your phone company bill only shows a local call.

I don't know if it actually works out to be cheaper, especially if you have a calling plan that has a good international rate. But it might help get around whatever glitch is keeping you from being able to call. (I bet it's the receiving end refusing to accept international connections or something, but I'm just guessing.)

Though I'd still use a credit card and not a debit card for the transaction, just in case they're shady. I used it for a 5-minute demo phone call, so I didn't pay anything. Email me if you have trouble setting up an account properly and I'll help ya with it.

http://www.rebtel.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X