• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess the Nubbin!
    Boy- 1.5
    Girl- 3.5

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    We feel honoured. I think.
    Hehe, you totally should. 2 out of my 3 sister-in-laws don't even see the bubbly Neep. They think I'm all grumpy and serious.

No need to feel horrified. Lots of people feel a bit overwhelmed at meeting AT even without lack of sleep and jetlag thrown into the mix. I think the only thing going through her mind was that you needed a hug. I had the same thought and was about to get up myself when she turned to me and said "I think that calls for a hug, don't you?". I think we all said yes.
    You mean I missed out on an EH-T hug because Amanda got in there first? Thanks a lot Amanda.

Good. I like it when things are legal.
    Would you have badged the puppy if you had known he didn't have his tags yet? He ran off a couple of times and I ran around the neighbourhood looking for him, knowing that if he got picked up by the authorities I would get fined. I was worried about someone taking off with him (he is very cute) or getting hit by a car, but I wasn't worried about losing him completely because I had been responsible enough to get him microchipped. Each time I got home I found him sitting on the door step happily wagging his tail. Grrr.

You know, EH-T is a lovely name and it works for both a boy and a girl!
    Same with Neep. Brilliant and original name For a cute baby version you could even go with Neeplet.

In 1987 they only did ultrasounds for pregnancies with complications... like twins for example My mum didn't know she was having twins until she was in labour. The doctor said he could feel 2 heads and my mum said "my baby has 2 heads?" Heh. In hindsight, her doctor said he had heard my heartbeat but it was so faint he thought it was just an echo of my sister's. While quite common for 1 twin to be breech, it's very unusual for the tiny breech one to be born first... I was that unusual wee thing Feet first

My dad was away on a business trip... he was wrapping up some work so he would be home for the due date 5 weeks later (d'oh). For some reason the phone lines to the East coast closed overnight back then... He got a phone call at 8pm saying that mum was in labour. Then at 8am the next morning he got another call saying the 4th boy they were expecting was actually 2 girls. Surprise!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      If you look closely you'll see there's no mama's instinct yet ... I voted 0,5 on both

It's what I keep telling my husband ... I'm making a Nubbin baby, I need looooots of rest ... hehe.
      The week I was staying with Lies, she was making heart chambers in a human the size of a grape. She was totally allowed to be tired Good excuse to curl up in bed with a SG or Sanctuary dvd
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Guess the Nubbin!
        Boy- 1.5
        Girl- 4.5

Just cause girls are awesome

As for the name - all I ask is that it is pronounceable by those of us who don't speak Dutch. I already can't say it's last name.

And I am hatching ideas for gender neutral gifts.

Comment

gender neutral gifts

onesies, blankies, diapers

you'd never believe how many onesies a little one can go through when there's spitting up and blowing out of said diapers happening

my sister changed my niece's clothes a half dozen times a day at times.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that Lies has plenty of these in her future?

http://www.cafepress.com.au/+kree_in...eeper,72781174
            http://www.cafepress.com.au/+sg_inde...suit,390890722
            http://www.cafepress.com.au/+symbiot...hirt,151707689

But she probably doesn't want the one that came up when I searched for nubbin...

http://www.cafepress.com.au/+kids_sweatshirt,200563365
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I think this would be the perfect gift Suitable for onsies, t-shirts, blankets, cushions...

Spoiler:

ETA: sorry about the double posting. At work. Just popping on during breaks.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

If you look closely you'll see there's no mama's instinct yet ... I voted 0,5 on both

It's what I keep telling my husband ... I'm making a Nubbin baby, I need looooots of rest ... hehe.
                Half a baby?

Sorry, just had a very strange image there.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                gender neutral gifts

onesies, blankies, diapers

you'd never believe how many onesies a little one can go through when there's spitting up and blowing out of said diapers happening

my sister changed my niece's clothes a half dozen times a day at times.
                Agreed. Babies go through burping cloths and onesies like mad.

I think new parents would be wise to get stock in a diaper company too given how much money changes hands in this regard.

Ooh gifts!! Just avoid yellow and greens. *shudders* It seems the color of choice for most 'unknown gender' babies. Thankfully many clothing manufacturers for babies have gotten wise and have creatively started using more forward thinking colors such as earth tones and such. The best time to seriously buy for an infant is right after they are born and in fact, I've known some couples to throw their baby shower a week or two after they bring home their new addition. Makes buying all that much easier on everyone and does cut down on the labor involved with returning items if it's something your not very fond of.

I think we'll be having a virtual baby shower at some point for Nubbin. Can't wait!

Comment

EH-T! You should offer to take his place... then you can ditch the meetings and we can hang.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-over-NZ-trip

I will even take you out in a crocodile bike, if you're really good.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

You guys are awesome! The symbiote maternity clothes ... hehehe ... try explaining that to the family. Almost as bad as that third nipple shirt. Oy.

The babyclothes I bought this far (they are soooo cute!) are off white and 2 with orange. And shopping for maternityclothes is aweful! Trying again when I'm a bit further along, and for now making my clothes do in some other way.

I think Cel makes sense, buying most baybstuff after the baby is born. I'm already so confused about sizes, and how quick they change. Lol.

On a sidenote: we'll probably won't be "bringing the baby home" after it's born, cause most people over here deliver their baby at home. I'm undecided about it .. actually, I'm more in the phase that there won't be a delivery Luckily it's still a long way away.
                    sigpic

Comment

when it comes to the delivery, do whatever feels comfortable to you

some like it at home, others like the security of a medical facility...ultimately it's up to you
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Lol EH-T, baby is going to have a very strange name if I'm going to name it everything people have suggested so far. None of them sound very dutch
                        Hey, at least EH-T is pronouncable! (actually, come to think of it, a lot of people mistakenly call me "E" T not "A" T, so, maybe not)

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Hehe, you totally should. 2 out of my 3 sister-in-laws don't even see the bubbly Neep. They think I'm all grumpy and serious.
                        Obviously they have never been grabbed from behind by you on a London street.

You mean I missed out on an EH-T hug because Amanda got in there first? Thanks a lot Amanda.
                        Yes, that is true. I think you should complain to her the next time you see her.

Would you have badged the puppy if you had known he didn't have his tags yet? He ran off a couple of times and I ran around the neighbourhood looking for him, knowing that if he got picked up by the authorities I would get fined. I was worried about someone taking off with him (he is very cute) or getting hit by a car, but I wasn't worried about losing him completely because I had been responsible enough to get him microchipped. Each time I got home I found him sitting on the door step happily wagging his tail. Grrr.
                        I don't know, is your puppy old enough to read? More likely i would have badged the owner. BTW, I was at a rehearsal the other day for the theatre group I volunteer for and I had the badge with me. I thought the director could use it on an actor or two (or as we prop people call them "prop users").

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                        Guess the Nubbin!
                        Boy- 1.5
                        Girl- 4.5

Just cause girls are awesome
                        Yes they are.

As for the name - all I ask is that it is pronounceable by those of us who don't speak Dutch. I already can't say it's last name.
                        ITA (see comment above)

EH-T! You should offer to take his place... then you can ditch the meetings and we can hang.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-over-NZ-trip
                        [/QUOTE]
                        LOL! I heard that on the news yesterday. We lose more politicians that way! Cruel and unusual punishment to force them to visit NZ!

I will even take you out in a crocodile bike, if you're really good.
                        That looks nothing like a crocodile!

On a sidenote: we'll probably won't be "bringing the baby home" after it's born, cause most people over here deliver their baby at home. I'm undecided about it .. actually, I'm more in the phase that there won't be a delivery Luckily it's still a long way away.
                        Hey, I knew that (courtesy of Flow). I love knowing stuff about other countries and the people in them. Hurray for Gabit (just to bring it back on topic ) for bringing people from all over the world together.
                        Last edited by EH-T; 17 January 2010, 08:11 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

There's a limit on available Eh-T hugs? There will be a brawl in the lobby with everyone trying to get to you first.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            There's a limit on available Eh-T hugs? There will be a brawl in the lobby with everyone trying to get to you first.
                            Woah!! Now lets remember that EH-T may have a huge heart and personality but she's still just a wee lady...no squashing the EH-T! Although it would be a sight to be see...stacks on EH-T!! I just have to go to AT5 if only to see that!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Woah!! Now lets remember that EH-T may have a huge heart and personality but she's still just a wee lady...no squashing the EH-T! Although it would be a sight to be see...stacks on EH-T!! I just have to go to AT5 if only to see that!!!
                              She may be wee, but she's fit and strong.

I shook hands with prince William today. Then a reporter shoved a camera in my face and asked "did you say anything to the prince?"

I pointed to my nieces and said "oh, I'm just here with the girls. I'm not a monarchist."

Not the squeeing fangurl reaction she wanted, I take it
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

She may be wee, but she's fit and strong.
                                I shook hands with prince William today. Then a reporter shoved a camera in my face and asked "did you say anything to the prince?"
                                I pointed to my nieces and said "oh, I'm just here with the girls. I'm not a monarchist."
                                Not the squeeing fangurl reaction she wanted, I take it
                                Cool Neep...did it make the news?
                                Will is gonna be here tomorrow apparently...I won't be making any beelines to meet him...I'm no monarchist either...I'd rather meet peeps like RDA and AT...they inspire me so much more than any royal...except for Princess Di!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X