(shhh... I so have a vote in this.)
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      I vote Sunday.

Oh, you'll always be there in spirit. Right along with buying everyone a drink at the bar the night before the con if I'm not mistaken.

Btw Neep, it was a totally busy day so I wasn't able to get to the links or emailing for the purposeful wandering we'll be doing. Will try to do so tomorrow or Thursday though. My mom went in for surgery for a knee replacement (titanium!) on Monday and without my Dad there, us kids have been pooling our time to help her out.

Comment

I think it's a bit early to be planning dinners when we don't know when the con might be finishing on Sunday and when most people are getting in.

All I know is I'm getting into Vancouver on the 28th July, getting to Juneau, Alaska on the 5th August and going to a convention in the middle. Booking hotels and return flights would be on my to do list before making dinner plans. Just saying that maybe it's something to plan closer to the time.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Sorry, been one of those days guys
          Not to worry Sky...looks like there's a few of us out there having one of those days. I put it down to January...it's that month after all the hullabaloo of Christmas...which is why I look forward to Easter. We already have Easter eggs in the stores...hubby and I have already shared a Cadbury creme egg.
          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          I vote Sunday.
          I vote Sunday too...well you know what they say...if you can't beat em, join em...and seeings how I can't join em...well...lets just call it an absentee vote!!
          Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          My mom went in for surgery for a knee replacement (titanium!) on Monday and without my Dad there, us kids have been pooling our time to help her out.
          (((Cel's mum)))...hope she's back on her feet real soon!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            (((Cel's mum)))...hope she's back on her feet real soon!
            Thanks Chelle. Even with her new knee and two metal rods in her hip for support, they had her up and walking less than 24 hrs after the surgery. She did a total of 80 steps on her own which isn't half bad considering what she went through. She's quite tough.

Comment

Thanks Chelle. Even with her new knee and two metal rods in her hip for support, they had her up and walking less than 24 hrs after the surgery. She did a total of 80 steps on her own which isn't half bad considering what she went through. She's quite tough.
              Yeah, but is she hot?

You know I'm kidding. Way to go, Cel's mum!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So that's where you get it from then Cel! Still...here's to your mum having a quick and trouble-free recovery!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I wish I had time to post in this thread more, I would love to get to know some fellow attendees a bit before we all meet up. Unfortunately I've been mega busy and hardly logging on to Gateworld at all!

I'm going to be needing to find people to share accommodation with for both events, is there a separate thread for that somewhere? Or anyone got any ideas? This is going to be a really expensive trip, flights from Oz aren't very cheap right now so I can't afford to book a room on my own (but then who of us could!)

I'd love to do some stuff outside the con with people so when all that starts getting planned I hope I can keep track - hey Chelle - maybe you can do all my planning for me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                    I wish I had time to post in this thread more, I would love to get to know some fellow attendees a bit before we all meet up. Unfortunately I've been mega busy and hardly logging on to Gateworld at all!

I'm going to be needing to find people to share accommodation with for both events, is there a separate thread for that somewhere? Or anyone got any ideas? This is going to be a really expensive trip, flights from Oz aren't very cheap right now so I can't afford to book a room on my own (but then who of us could!)

I'd love to do some stuff outside the con with people so when all that starts getting planned I hope I can keep track - hey Chelle - maybe you can do all my planning for me LOL.
                    If you join the GABIT forums, you will find a thread on there where folk are getting to find room mates. go to http://www.gabitevents.com/forums/ and look in the Meet the Man chat thread. It's a good idea to get to know each other before sharing a room, and you have plenty of time to do that.

Kay G4
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

We already have Easter eggs in the stores...hubby and I have already shared a Cadbury creme egg.
                      I know - how scary is that!??! The staff told me they put them out on the Monday after Christmas - in DECEMBER!!!

This is going to be a really expensive trip, flights from Oz aren't very cheap right now so I can't afford to book a room on my own (but then who of us could!)

Apparently Air New Zealand has a deal to Vancouver from East Coast of Australia atm that undercuts both V Australia and Air Canada.
                      I flew them in April last year and they weren't too bad - but I flew through Auckland both ways (I don't think they fly directly from Brisbane).
                      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Hey Tal! I've noticed you've been absent...you work to hard...or are you still in the wrong time zone?
                        I'd help out with planning but honey...I'm not gonna be there...wouldn't be fair for me to make the arrangements knowing I can't enjoy the fun. Still hoping to win the lottery.
                        Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        If you join the GABIT forums, you will find a thread on there where folk are getting to find room mates. go to http://www.gabitevents.com/forums/ and look in the Meet the Man chat thread. It's a good idea to get to know each other before sharing a room, and you have plenty of time to do that.

Kay G4
                        *nods emphatically* Yep...I'd go to the Gabit site...although I haven't been there in such a long time, its a really fun and friendly place to visit and get all the answers you'll need!
                        Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                        I know - how scary is that!??! The staff told me they put them out on the Monday after Christmas - in DECEMBER!!!
                        Apparently Air New Zealand has a deal to Vancouver from East Coast of Australia atm that undercuts both V Australia and Air Canada.
                        I flew them in April last year and they weren't too bad - but I flew through Auckland both ways (I don't think they fly directly from Brisbane).
                        The earliest I have seen Easter eggs on the shelves was on Christmas Eve about 2 or 3 years ago. To me that's just plain nuts!
                        I flew with Air New Zealand when I was 15 and my recollection from way back then of them was good. One day when I hope to make it to Vangroovy,I will probably fly either Air New Zealand or Air Canada...not so confident with Qantas but I guess in the end it depends on flight costs and availability.
                        I so wish I could attend the SE and MTM...if only to at least meet the G4 again...maybe next time.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'd help out with planning but honey...I'm not gonna be there...wouldn't be fair for me to make the arrangements knowing I can't enjoy the fun. Still hoping to win the lottery.
                          Oh I know .... I wish you COULD go... we'd have so much fun together... I was just joking back to your earlier post where you were voting for dinner plans LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                            [COLOR="green"]

Both Quantas and Air New Zealand have nice specials going on. At least they did two days ago when I was checking the price of flights to New Zealand.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

then again, this IS gabit and they don't tend to run over....much (ducks from Julia)

I know they don't have any schedules done - or done to the point of publicizing them.

maybe if one of the G4 has any idea of their TENTATIVE closing time for Sunday, then we can know if a sunday dinner is feasible.

if not, then we can at least pick a day to give folks something to plan around
                              I'll have you know we finished on time at AT4 Lobs cushion at Sky!

- was proud that my hacking apart the schedule from AT3 to see where things had gone wrong and then rebuilding it worked! LOL!

Seriously guys, I haven't actually honed the two schedules yet. It's in my head and some on my computer but waaaay too early to say anything even half way hinting. MTM's is ongoing at the moment. SE's is a work in progress and will be for several months. Sorry! Which Sunday are you thinking of having this dinner? After SE or after MTM?

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

I think both, simply because many want to participate, but not as many are going to both of them.

I know some are going to be leaving on the mondays following both events, but my personal concern about sunday is adding to someone's stress by 'omg, gotta be at dinner at......' deadlines.

we can always do a poll to find the day that works best for most.

For those that participated at shore leave a few years ago, the 'plans' are largely 'meet at so and so place at such and such time, and i'll let them know about how many are coming'

very casual, very 'come and go' if you have to. It'd be akin to, at AT3 'we're all going down to the pub for dinner, wanna come?'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X