GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    any word of if there will be a Gabit 2 next year?????
    I want to hear about this year!
    I particularly about Kliggin's afternoon tea.

FF
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
      I want to hear about this year!
      I particularly about Kliggin's afternoon tea.

FF
      Me too....they must have finished the tea by now......perhaps they're on the gin!....

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva
        Just sitting down with a cup of Earl Grey and my cucumber sandwiches (crusts cut off of course!).....

Actually more like yet another cup of coffee and an apricot danish!...

Can't wait to hear all about it Kliggs!...

Deeds xx
        I saw those today for the first time, but was not brave enough to try them. They are very pretty.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          any word of if there will be a Gabit 2 next year?????
          Not that I heard, but Baggie, Bev or anybody would know better than me. I honestly think the Gabit 4 are too tired to even think about it now. Poor things. They did a fantastic job and the con was great.

Tea was pretty nice too.

Originally posted by Flippy18
          I came. I saw. I curlywurlied.
          Rune is right Flippy, you so need that in your sig with one small addition; I came. I saw. I glowed. I curlywurlied.
          sigpic

Comment

Took forever to get home,sort out the family and get onto Gw,so bear with me please.It's now coming up to 2 am here and I'll give a fuller "Report" tomorrow.

First off,the Tea with Amanda was a total joy,and I'll never forget her grace and genuine interest in what we all had to say.
            However,if she and the Gabit organisers had wanted the entire net to overhear the conversation ,they'd have installed a webcam !

Seriously,I and Kliggs had a great time..lovely food,enjoyed chatting with the other two winners,chatted with Amanda,had some Champagne....and left admiring and liking Amanda the person,and the actress,for herself,even more than previously.
            (If that was possible..Way to go ,Amanda ! )

I'm going to write Amanda a letter,to thank her personally,as I believe that's appropriate to Hostesses of Full English Tea .
            Also I think she needs as many positive vibes as possible...but that's for other threads.

(I don't know whether the other winners will want their names posted....best if I ask Becks that one.You know who you are though,and I'm so grateful to have had the chance to share in the Tea with you both.)
            *Sends hugs *

Some Thanks and Hi's next.

Firstly,thanks to all the Gwrs I met this w/e and Hi to loads of GabitGoers from other lists/forums who came over to say hello ,introduce themselves,and share in all the revelry !
            Give yourselves a round of applause.You were all fantastic.

Thanks to Gabit4, the Staff,Stewards,DJ,Thomasina Gibson,Kamil,the Hearing Dogs for the Deaf representatives plus gorgeous poochies,and most of all,Amanda ,for making this Con come together in ways that I, for one,could never have imagined .I found Gabit to be a wonderful experience so Kudos and "VR hugs" to you all !

If /when there are more Gabit Events,once Julia,Becks,Kay and John and Co have taken a well deserved break...I'll be among the first to apply for tickets .
            I'll also be amongst those to recommend others to go "Green for Gabit".

I've missed off so many names..but I hope to meet some of you again at future Cons.

The Meal/Meet.
            Sadly,several of the listees couldn't make it to the meal,or drinks,for various reasons.Hugs to you all.
            (esp Gipsy and babe.Viruses are no fun.Glad you could make it today though, Gipsy !)
            Hugs and thanks for a lovely evening's worth of fun,food, and frolicking *cough* go to :
            Rune
            Kliggins
            Mal
            SeaBee
            Forever Sg1
            dipsofjazz
            AmberLM
            Gatebee
            Flippy

Thanks from me to Rune for the Orange Boa,the snacks (!),Mal for the orange wigs,Flippy for the orange glo-sticks and the GW Badges.
            ((((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))

Gatebee :I'm so glad you had a great evening with us.
            Thank you for being such a good sport and your "memento" was ideal,wasn't it ?!?
            (Mal will sort out the other details !Thanks for that, Mal.)

Right ! Off to bed for me..I'm almost asleep.

Arg ! How could I forget.."Safe journeys" to Kliggs and other US Gabiteers.Same to all the others returning home too.
            Kliggs : The kids have already scoffed loads of your cookies on the way home from Sis-In-Laws.Poor kids may need a sugar overload to get them awake enough for school tomorrow as well.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 October 2005, 05:50 PM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Gatebee :I'm so glad you had a great evening with us.
              Thank you for being such a good sport and your "memento" was ideal,wasn't it ?!?
              (Mal will sort out the other details !Thanks for that, Mal.
              Last sig in place Silver pen on the front. "Memento will be in post tommorw.

Comment

(((((((((Mal))))))))) Gatebee will be absolutely thrilled !

<Snipped by FHB.Misunderstanding..now cleared up !>

To all,
                I deeply apologise if I came off as brash in my previous post.It wasn't my intention.

The truth is,I and the other winners were asked to be discreet and considerate of Amanda's privacy,so I erred on the side of over-caution,as I know just how easy it is for the actors' words to be taken out of context and used against them.

I'm happy to snitch on what we ate,though, and fess up to any other Gabit fun too !

(((((((All))))))))

Safe journey to Kliggins..her plane should be in the air as I type this.Drat.That means we can't tease her till she lands !
                I'm not too sure who's home and who's still homeward bound.Happy safe arrivals to you all anyway !
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 October 2005, 11:11 AM.

Comment

THANK YOU to all you lovely Gabiteers for including me in the great fun...

I can't post much for I am back in Florida .... missed hubby so much and electricity came back so I decided to come back by a week earlier .... RL is too hectic ... so would be able to post

again to you all GABITEERS thank you a zillion

Comment

I would just like to say thanks to all the staff, stewards and especially the wonderful G4 for making the last few days such a memorable time. This was my first ever convention and I had no idea what to expect, but the whole event was brilliantly organised and run. I would also like to send my heartfelt thanks and best wishes to Amanda who, despite the dual demands of a packed programme and a baby, kept going full throttle, right to the end.

My only regret is that FHB and I had to leave before yesterdays disco, so I was unable to say all the goodbyes I wanted to.

So much went on, it is hard to say which bits I enjoyed the most. One of the memories that will stick is sitting in the meeting room, waiting for the autographs to restart after the Tea party, sucking on a drumstick lolly and singing "Row, row, row your boat"

To Dips, Rune, and Kliggs, it was wonderful to finally meet you, and I hope we meet again soon. I'm sorry Betty couldn't come, but maybe she won't be quite so shy next time!

Thanks also to Mal for the orange wig and I look forward to seeing you again at Bognor.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry I didn't make it to the meet on Saturday: arrived at the con already exhausted, stressed out and not with it. I headed home for an early night on Saturday (2 and a half hour journey across London...).

Definitely one of the best cons I'd been to: very well organised and lots of little touches. Obviouse the organisers put a lot of thought and imagination into making it a great experience for everyone.

I'd right more but I have to go fill in forms. Grrrr
                      My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

(((((((((((((Gatebee and Rowan))))))))))))

Gatebee,it was real pleasure to meet you and I hope all goes well for you ,Hubby, and the other Floridians coping with the situation there,atm.

Rowan : no need to apologise at all . I'd have gone for the early night too !
                        Glad to have met you at Gabit and chatted a wee bit,and good luck with those forms...paperwork is one of my least favourite occupations.

Especially the ones that are written in obscure jargon...*Grrrrs too*

Comment

Bleughhhh, I'm waiting for the post con blues to hit but so far they haven't, I had such a fantastic time at Gabit that I'm still on a high

Baggie, glad you got home in one piece, your line about '...left admiring and liking Amanda the person,and the actress,for herself,even more than previously...' exactly sums up how I feel too, I came away from Gabit knowing that it simply could not have been better and it was just a joy to have been there and shared in it all with so many others, definitely my favourite con.

Huge thank yous to the Gabit 4 for giving us such a wonderful experience, please take a well earned break now ((((((G4)))))))

Also a big thank you to Paul and Co at Legends for all the memorabillia, props and the stage clothes

Yep, Kliggs will be flying now, I guess with the 8 hrs difference she'll get home more or less the sametime as she left *head spins* let us know when you're home again please *throws Chocodile at Kliggs*

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            THANK YOU to all you lovely Gabiteers for including me in the great fun...

I can't post much for I am back in Florida .... missed hubby so much and electricity came back so I decided to come back by a week earlier .... RL is too hectic ... so would be able to post

again to you all GABITEERS thank you a zillion
                            (((((GB))))) It was great meeting you too, I hope RL calms down over there soon

Comment

Lucy, I'm home!!

[[[hugs]]] to everyone - Gabit staff, attendees. Amanda, all the people in the hotel who stopped to ask me what the 'orange' thing was about
                              Had an amazing time and will probably write more when I can keep my eyes open long enough to concentrate on the screen. 3 coffees and a tea was obviously not enough caffeine intake today.

edited to add: I think con crud is kicking in already. I'll go and eat some more edinburgh rock see if that helps
                              Last edited by flippy18; 31 October 2005, 08:44 AM.
                              LizWhite.net

Comment

glad you made it home okay flippy! A hellish day on british public transport eh!!

Comment

Working...
                                X