GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    TJ, I'm looking for the special stroopwafelchocolate for you!! Hope I can find it
    Stroopwafel chocolates? I don't remember those! But wow... thank you. You really don't have to, you know!
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Just to let folks know, I was on the Gabit website and there was an announcement under (go figure) AT4 Announcements about payment for auction items in aid of Sanctuary For Kids. They will accept cash but otherwise you need to pay on the SFK's website through PayPal. You can set that up in advance or at the business centre at the hotel I think. Payment for the Hearing Dogs is not an issue. Check out the announcement if you are planning to participate in the auction although I think the G4 will also be sending a notice about it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
        Just don't let Lies get you hooked on those Stropwaffles. They are evil!

She'll start you out on the mini ones to lure you in. Give them to you for free and then, before you know it, you're hooked! You can't stop thinking about them and are stuck in L.A. where you can't get a fix! Arrrrggh!
        Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Stroopwafels aren't evil at all! I became absolutely hooked when I lived in Germany because I lived quite near the Dutch border and we could get all sorts of treats from Holland. For a couple of years, I could get them at my local supermarket here in England as well, but no longer
        Lol, got some from a friend this past August in Chicago... they are currently being rationed in my pantry for special days... The ones that can be found here at the stores just don't seem as good....
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

8 days to go until AT4!!!!!

267 days to go until the Sanctuary experience!!!!!

276 days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            OMG!!!!!!!

Annelies ate all the Tim Tams!!!!!!

Just kidding!!!
            She only ate half...and all the koal's!!!

Guess where I am???
            Lies picked me up from Arnhem today so I am now in Holland!
            And all the Tim Tams have been kept safe....til now!!!!
            Cant wait to see everyone next week.
            CG....so cool we are seated next to each other! Woohoo! I was wondering who my neighbour would be...so glad it's you!
            Yay for getting there safely Chelle! Hope you have an awesome time.

Can't wait for our meet-up in a few days time and soooo glad Lies received my text. I feel much better knowing I'll have an easier way of getting a hold of the two of you now once we reach London. Yay for technology and friends.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Stroopwafels aren't evil at all! I became absolutely hooked when I lived in Germany because I lived quite near the Dutch border and we could get all sorts of treats from Holland. For a couple of years, I could get them at my local supermarket here in England as well, but no longer
            I put in a request already from a friend of mine living in Holland who will be bringing me some stroopwafels next week. She was more than happy to pack them along with everything else and I'm sure we'll both enjoy eating them later...nom.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            yum, tim tams

i'm drooling, it ain't fair

maybe we'll have to consider a chocolate party at Sanctuary Experience for any Gw'ers/Samandans there
            Indeed! I'm all for it! I am getting quite versed in what chocolates those overseas are not familiar with so I should have a much better idea on what to bring for next year.

I'm trying desperately to safeguard the chocolates I've brought from home now, but there has been a bit of dipping here and there into my stash as I can't help sharing with friends I'm meeting up with over here. Hopefully, there'll be some left to share at AT4 as well when I get there lol.

Oh, btw. I've already been officially recruiting for AT5. Just thought I'd mention that for the Gabit teams sake.

Comment

I felt a change in sig was necessary

*eats another TimTam*

Cel, we're sending you a FaceBook message now

See everyone soon!!
              sigpic

Comment

wow... i never knew so many fellow chocolate lovers were coming to AT4! d'oh - serves me right when i forget to check the forum! *sigh*....

still! only a week to gooooooo!

Comment

okay this might be a stupid question but since I haven't heard from it in a while, granted I hardly am online...

But what do we do with the stamps we are collecting? Do they have to be ordered or anything (like country by country)?

Comment

turn them into GABIT. there should be a box or something at registration.

you just need to sort them US and Non-US
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      turn them into GABIT. there should be a box or something at registration.

you just need to sort them US and Non-US
                      SKy means UK and Non UK and there will be a recepticle for them. and indeed a prize for whomever submits the most.

Hugs
                      Becks

Comment

Site now live for Sanctuary4kids and a lovely photo on this link with some faces you may recognise - and Amanda, of course.

http://www.sanctuaryforkids.org/what...hats-happening

Super photo of the five of you. See you next weekend................

Alison

doesn't like the URL when I post, should read /whats-happening/whats-happening/
                        Last edited by LeeFraser; 05 November 2009, 10:57 AM. Reason: something strange going on ....

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          SKy means UK and Non UK and there will be a recepticle for them. and indeed a prize for whomever submits the most.

Hugs
                          Becks
                          Uh, I sorted mine UK, US, Germany and "rest of the world". There is a whole bunch of German stamps and I figured it might make it easier for them.

It's been fun collecting the stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeFraser View Post
                            Site now live for Sanctuary4kids and a lovely photo on this link with some faces you may recognise - and Amanda, of course.

http://www.sanctuaryforkids.org/what...hats-happening

Super photo of the five of you. See you next weekend................

Alison

doesn't like the URL when I post, should read /whats-happening/whats-happening/
                            So much for my career as an international spy! I knew I would regret agreeing to the use of my photo.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Hugs
                              Becks
                              eek!!

my bad

I thought that was odd when i typed it.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

7 days to go until AT4!!!!!

266 days to go until the Sanctuary experience!!!!!

275 days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X