GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
    Is anyone arriving at the Ren on Thursday rather than Friday? I'm flying in alone and looking for company ...
    I'm in town on the 11th and Lies, Chelle and I will be switching over to the Ren on Thursday. We're going to try to get tickets to the theatre on Thursday night if you are interested and not too tired.

Originally posted by dreamingofstargate View Post
    My flight arrives approx 7:40am on Thursday. Does anyone know if the Ren needs to be notified of arriving early or can I "just show up"?

I was early last time and gave them advance notice so my room was ready at 8:30 a.m. I would let the hotel know and they will accomodate you if possible.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      DIPS!! *TACKLE HUG*
      Oof! Nice to see you too, Pengy.

Is it time to pack yet?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I'm in town on the 11th and Lies, Chelle and I will be switching over to the Ren on Thursday. We're going to try to get tickets to the theatre on Thursday night if you are interested and not too tired.

I was early last time and gave them advance notice so my room was ready at 8:30 a.m. I would let the hotel know and they will accomodate you if possible.
        Thanks for the info.. I ask a friend who travels a lot and he said it would be ok, but that sounded a little off - so thought I would check with you guys. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Sounds like a good plan to me.
          Hey Bev, yes, we all should 'reflect' on our past good fortune and tea with Amanda - as Megyn said, we should do champagne instead of the tea! Look forward to seeing you too!

And, thanks, everyone for your feedback about Thursday arrivals. That local pub should be hopping.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingofstargate View Post
            Thanks for the info.. I ask a friend who travels a lot and he said it would be ok, but that sounded a little off - so thought I would check with you guys. Thanks again
            According to EH-T, they may accommodate you very early. I arrived around noon before and the concierge held my luggage until the room was ready. It's worth checking directly with the front desk. Staff is very friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              By "tea" I assume you mean champagne? Y'know... if we're going to do an *exact* re-enactment
              Indeed ...

Comment

usually the only time you have an issue with not getting a room early is if it was busy the night before and hte housekeepers hadn't gotten around to cleaning them

that said as long as they have some rooms that were empty the night before, it shouldn't be an issue

and i would think that a hotel like the ren that caters to flight crews would be able to accommodate those that arrive and depart at odd times
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Chelle, the postman tried to deliver you package today We weren't home, so I will pick it up later this week. I was allowed to sample the chocolate right?? Have a safe trip!!
                  Oh thank god it made it there! Phew...was just thinking about it last night!! Try one of the koala's...and help yourself to some Tim Tams!!
                  Hey 422, we must *do tea* at the Ren ... alas, this time without AT
                  Is anyone arriving at the Ren on Thursday rather than Friday? I'm flying in alone and looking for company ...
                  I'll be at the Ren on the Thursday....looking forward to that hug and chat!!

Actually, this will be my last post for a little while as I'm about to go out for one last lunch with hubby then come home to finish packing and head off to the airport!
                  So...take care everyone, have safe journey's and see you all at AT4!!!!
                  (((AT4 Dudes & Dudettes!)))
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's so exciting the first person is already travelling! Suddenly AT4 seems much closer Chelle, see you in 2 weeks!!

*has a happy*
                    sigpic

Comment

25 days to go until AT4!!!!!

283 days to go until the Sanctuary experience!!!!!

292 days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!

Comment

According to EH-T, they may accommodate you very early. I arrived around noon before and the concierge held my luggage until the room was ready. It's worth checking directly with the front desk. Staff is very friendly.
                        I checked with them yesterday and they put a note saying the early check-in was requested. For me when flying across the pond it's better to stay up and not crash when I get there. So as long as they can hold my luggage that would be fine. Thanks for all the information, hearing others experiences helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          It's so exciting the first person is already travelling! Suddenly AT4 seems much closer Chelle, see you in 2 weeks!!

*has a happy*
                          Indeed! Stay safe Chelle! See ya soonish!

I'll be leaving (and have my last day of work for 19 days! Woo!!) a week from Thursday. Hard to believe it's snuck up so fast already!

I don't know which I'm more excited about: Not working for over two weeks, seeing good friends again or spending the weekend with the lovely AT once more, hmmm...

Comment

Hey 422, we must *do tea* at the Ren ... alas, this time without AT

I'll arrive at the Ren on the Thursday at 3.30/4pm ish.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Haha, I went to the postoffice to pick up Chelles chocolate package for AT4. It was a huuuuge box, completely filled with chocolate. On top a note to me: blablabla ... I hope I bought enough. ROFL ... I'm pretty sure it's enough, for everyone at the convention! So, I feel no guilt sampling the caramelkoala's .. they're yummie!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sabrina_lane03 View Post
                                I am sure you will be notified if/when you are removed from the wait list.
                                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                it's pretty much a case of 'no news is good news' in that issue - the charms

as to coming off the waiting list and getting your ticket, of course they'll contact you...you owe them 80 pounds
                                I've already got my cocktail tickets! lol! which i'm super duper excited about. Oh my god! AT4 is in like just over 3 weeks!!!
                                Squeee!!!
                                Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                                Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                                Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Working...
                                X