GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    I've been know to randomly break out into dance. The server room at work, the car park, in the break room in front of the microwave, while waiting in line, in the lobby of hotels, in elevators.

I used to have a button that said 'Dancers are thought crazy by those who cannot hear the music'
    I was jigging at the photocopier once...thinking I was completely un-observed and in my own little world. When I turned around half the office was staring at me and a colleague asked me what on earth I was doing. I muttered that I was dancing to the beat of my own drum.

But then I have done an impression of an ex-leper (from Monty Python and the life of Brian) into the service manager before.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    That's not a new concept to me...just the name! I had no idea they call it a slam...and I call myself a Tim Tam-aholic. For shame!
    ahead...I have 12 days to go!
    Well...it was a kiwi that introduced me to the name...so maybe you're excused. Tis a cool name though int it? *g*
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I was working out a treble reel step in the parking structure at work and got caught by someone pretty high up on the ladder and his response was "I had heard that you dance in the server room, but I didn't believe it until now."

Yes, there are cameras in the server room. I knew this, but I didn't care.

Comment

Having just surfaced from sending out SE and MTM acknowledgements, I came here to catch up - and what do I find? Kids bouncing and dancing all over the place! There'll be no holding you all by the time the event comes along.

Good innit?

Mumsey
        (orf to cook No.1 Son's tea.)
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Having just surfaced from sending out SE and MTM acknowledgements, I came here to catch up - and what do I find? Kids bouncing and dancing all over the place! There'll be no holding you all by the time the event comes along.

Good innit?

Mumsey

*whispers*

I think I should come to your house for tea LOL

*hugs Mumsey*

J.x.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I can see you like the idea of being pantless!
            Sure. Something new to try

*giggles* I knew I'd get Sky singing eventually

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            "Starrr Treeeking across the universe...." PegnYn!!!! I totally blame you!!
            Aww. Me? Blameable? Now do I look like the kind of person who would... oh never mind -

It's worse than that he's dead Jim! Dead Jim! Dead!
            sigpic

Comment

I just found out that Tim Tams are now available in Canada.
              *blinks* YAY!!!
              So I'll be heading out on a TimTam search tomorrow
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I've been know to randomly break out into dance. The server room at work, the car park, in the break room in front of the microwave, while waiting in line, in the lobby of hotels, in elevators.

I used to have a button that said 'Dancers are thought crazy by those who cannot hear the music'
                I had noticed that at the April con. Didn't like to say anything though.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Star Trekkin'

And we're into the two hundreds for SE? WooHood!!!!

That must be the video from AT3, I think I recognised the little PengYn.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well it has been a while since I've popped in here. Life has been crazy busy of late.
                  Yesterday through Hotwire I managed to get a flight from LA to London for $550 round trip so I'm one happy camper about that as for months the rates have been sticking to the $800 - 900 range.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

wow, great price
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                      "Starrr Treeeking across the universe...." PegnYn!!!! I totally blame you!!

Hehe, I can't wait to watch the con dance, I've never seen it before.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      There'll be no just watching young missy...you can participate too!!
                      Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Hehe ... you should be sorry, but I think you'll get another chance

Here's the Startrekking condance And here's the dr Who condance, which is easy to learn. And it took me a while to get the hang of this one. But condancing is superfun!!
                      Those vids just cracked me up...I'm so gonna be on the floor laughing my ass off!
                      Gonna be hard dancing with stitches from laughing so much! I noticed a few fella's in there dancing...that's awesome! Not many guys dance around here...well certainly not the guys I know!
                      I can't believe how many con dances there are??? There should be a manual sent out to instruct attendees on how to dance before they get to the con!
                      I was working out a treble reel step in the parking structure at work and got caught by someone pretty high up on the ladder and his response was "I had heard that you dance in the server room, but I didn't believe it until now."
                      Yes, there are cameras in the server room. I knew this, but I didn't care.

Good innit?

Mumsey
                      Originally posted by JennS View Post
                      *whispers*
                      I think I should come to your house for tea LOL
                      *hugs Mumsey*
                      J.x.
                      Yay! Dinner at Mumsey's house!! WooHoo!! What's for dinner?
                      Originally posted by ames View Post
                      I just found out that Tim Tams are now available in Canada.
                      *blinks* YAY!!!
                      So I'll be heading out on a TimTam search tomorrow
                      Oooh...cool! Let me know if you have all the different varieties we have...I love the Latte Tim Tams!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Mumsey
                        Mum said that mum's don't have favourites! I knew it was all lies.

Isn't worried cos she's pretty sure she's the favourite.

Also, overheard mum telling someone that I have been the cheapest to raise because I have always had a job and I'm a good saver- so she won't mind bailing me out if I get stranded in Europe with no coin.

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

37 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Hehe ... you should be sorry, but I think you'll get another chance

Here's the Startrekking condance And here's the dr Who condance, which is easy to learn. And it took me a while to get the hang of this one. But condancing is superfun!!
                            I don't see the one they were doing at Gatecon last year where they were all on the ground with their legs spread out one behind another. I can't remember the song...does anyone remember that one?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                              I don't see the one they were doing at Gatecon last year where they were all on the ground with their legs spread out one behind another. I can't remember the song...does anyone remember that one?
                              This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRVbCpOKFdY

... I don't get it.

*edit*

700 pages of Gabit craziness, y'all!
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                *edit*

700 pages of Gabit craziness, y'all!
                                Awesome!!

Question. EH-T and I are planning on going to the theatre / a musical on thursdaynight before the con. Does anyone know if there's a booth in London where we can buy last minutes tickets? Or is it really advised to buy tickets beforehand?

Anyone else interested in going? We're not sure yet about what kind of show we want to see, probably a fun musical
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X