Hey ho, Amanda knows, to Gabit we will go
    To Gabit we will go, to Gabit we will go
    We'll say good-bye then wave and sigh
    when Amanda has to go.

Comment

It's time to share the Gabit fun,
      "Hooray" for ForeverSG1 !
      It's spreading fast,this poetry bug,
      Looks like it's time for a big group hug ....

*Scuttles off to make coffee*
      Need to keep the brain cells (hyper) active....
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

((((((Bev, Baggie, Kat)))))) loving all your rhymes, it's getting me in the spirit!!!
        It's Tuesday so it's coming closer *SQUEEEE*

Comment

Yep so close ! ((((Rune))))) Glad you're enjoying the poetry.
          The only thing that's curbing my enthusiasm is that I still have so much RL to sort out in the next 3 days.

The hair trim is out ,btw.I'm not inclined to go to the salons I talked about a few days ago..so it's the Sheppard-Hair Baggie "look" for Gabit.
          *Shrug*

Comment

Aww never mind Baggie, I'm sure you'll look great (and orange) with your Sheppard hair, I haven't got mine trimmed either so I'll be coming along with my frayed ends and all.

Yeah RL is busy this week too, my daughter's going to a halloween party on Saturday so I have to get her stuff all sorted out on top of organising myself which in itself always takes a lot of doing.

Yay it's a-comin' closer!!

Comment

Hectic time then. Haircuts are the least of our worries really,and I'm sure your daughter will look fab !

Let's see :
              My To-do list.
              Check snackage box contains all the stuff I had on my lists.(Fudge replacement req.)
              Loads of paperwork for various things.Got to get it done !
              Persuade son to get his holiday homework finished .
              Cajole both Gatelets into tidying up their mess.
              Buy some nice comfy shoes.

Thought :
              Wonder if it might be a good idea to take some sandwich makings and bread too ? Or does that sound daft ? I just don't want to waste time queueing or shelling out for room service if I don't need to.

(I can take some Clover,pastes,Sandwich spread ...or buy some when we get there .)

Comment

You ate the fudge????

Thought :
                Wonder if it might be a good idea to take some sandwich makings and bread too ? Or does that sound daft ? I just don't want to waste time queueing or shelling out for room service if I don't need to.
                It doesn't sound daft at all, especially considering that as a 'captive market' you'll end up paying through the nose for stuff from the hotel ... there's always MacDonalds I guess but please, let's not go there

The only drawback might be if the room's a bit warm (unless there's a mini fridge) and the Clover decides to go feral, on the whole though Baggie I think it's a good idea for you and keeps that spending money for the stuff that really matters

*laughing* oooh I have a nice jar of Snickers spread I can bring along too (yes I was just waiting for an excuse)

Buy some nice comfy shoes.
                May I interest you in ...
                Last edited by Rune; 25 October 2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                  It's a pleasure to help you CG !
                  Ok.This calls for a suitable reply ....*Thinks*

From the UK to the US and every nation,
                  Gabit sent forth an invitation.
                  Four hundred plus fans to see Amanda Tapping,
                  Come hear her speak..don't stint the clapping !

The "Squeeees" were heard throughout each land,
                  "Let's salute Amanda,with our Happy Band ".
                  With help and input from each of us.
                  We're gathering at the Hotel Renaissance.

From Friday October 28,
                  We're going there to make a date.
                  To heck with RL,we just can't wait.
                  Come meet the leading Lady of StarGate !

*Reads poem...*
                  Ok ..it's rotten cabbages and the stocks for me.
                  My scanning sucks ,says FHB !!!

*Hides *
                  Wh dont you print it off and give it to AT

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                    You ate the fudge????
                    Guilty ! I had two young accomplices though..and I've now sealed that box so I can't give in to the terrible cravings for Doritos.

I'll make sure I buy some more..if I get a chance to get back to our nearest Asda .

Mal : Not sure if she'd want my doggerel..but I could do that ,I suppose .Hopefully she'd find it funny.Bev ,CG and Kat could do it too,as a pressie for Amanda.

Comment

4 DAYS TOO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

3 and a chunk,actually for full passes. 4 for Rune and the other Saturday attendees !

I don't think we have any "Sunday only" pass-holders on this thread yet,so no point in counting down for them ?

Comment

Come Friday we'll be bopping away ourselves..or in my case limping !
                          i'll be limping most likly to. My right leg is aching this week. very difficult to favour it though! My left leg is 1/2 inch shorter than the aching one

Comment

3 and a chunk,actually for full passes. 4 for Rune and the other Saturday attendees !

I don't think we have any "Sunday only" pass-holders on this thread yet,so no point in counting down for them ?
                            Well my last entry will be for the 1 day mark. The con proper starts on the saturday anyway. So the 4 days work ok yes?

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                              i'll be limping most likly to. My right leg is aching this week. very difficult to favour it though! My left leg is 1/2 inch shorter than the aching one
                              Maximum ouchiness. I'm a bit the worse for wear too...but I'm hoping for some endorphins to kick in by Friday !
                              (Or adrenaline.I need to get some speed up atm !)
                              Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                              Well my last entry will be for the 1 day mark. The con proper starts on the saturday anyway. So the 4 days work ok yes?
                              Do as you wish.Your "job" ,so it's up to you.

*Sigh* Editing failed,in post 1359,so I'll try again...
                              You ate the fudge????
                              Some of it. The rest was eaten by the kids .
                              Hey,I'll get more !
                              It doesn't sound daft at all, especially considering that as a 'captive market' you'll end up paying through the nose for stuff from the hotel ... there's always MacDonalds I guess but please, let's not go there
                              Yep.Please let's not do McD's. I feel ill and thirsty sometimes,after fast food like burgers and fries.
                              The only drawback might be if the room's a bit warm (unless there's a mini fridge) and the Clover decides to go feral, on the whole though Baggie I think it's a good idea for you and keeps that spending money for the stuff that really matters
                              I'll check it out and maybe get some "makings" on Friday then.
                              *laughing* oooh I have a nice jar of Snickers spread I can bring along too (yes I was just waiting for an excuse)
                              Bring it !I've not seen Snickers spread around here,but Hubby loves Nutella,and I bet the taste's similar .He can be your excuse !
                              You could.. However,I just want something plain in black so it goes with everything.Boring,but I'm running out of time.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 October 2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Yep.Please let's not do McD's. I feel ill and thirsty sometimes,after fast food like burgers and fries.

Every con i've been to the hotel usually has sandwiches etc on sale. Its usually eat on your feet during the day. They might be the same here.

I think it was SG6.... The Mcdonalds sold out of food on the first day of the con. And the deptity manager of the shop got told of buy the manager. For not knowing there was a con on at the hotel, and not ordering more food in.

Comment

Working...
                                X