GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

63 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Wow! Sounds like your going to have a very busy 40 days up till you leave! Shanks and Armageddon?? Very cool! Have fun with it all!
      Yep! And somewhere in there I have to fit in the kids and hubby and 6 day work weeks. Our camping trip to the desert has been postponed but we may yet squeeze something else in on my only spare weekend between now and take off! Guess it's better to keep busy than to sit and wait impatiently for the day to arrive!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm offially ready for AT4 ... found a shop that had loads of smurfs chocolate, bought lots
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
          Starting to Bite my Nails now . Flight's and transfers not booked ,, Hotel not booked ,, Chair at the end of the Bar with Irish Examiner not booked ,, Aahhhh .. I'm kind of a last minute kind of Guy .. " * Yayyy ! ! * " Pints Are Booked by Shirt & Tie .. That's one thing off my List ......

N Zeep ((( I am Sure things will work out for you in the End ... One thing is for sure , You have my Support . If needs be , I'll buy you a couple of Beers or 7up's ..

Mal ((( I am Loving these regular up-dates . I am glad your back on the Count Down . Love your colours more . . Keep it up . .

Samcarterrules ((( Great comment *( So cute your son has a crush on Amanda. Hehe! )* Who dosn't have a Crush on Amanda ... I can't wait to meet Her . Amanda and I Share the same Birth Date . Different Year . Drat ..
          I Need A Hug Toooo !!!

Wishing every one here the Best . .
          Be Good and Try to post the Blue Powder to your Hotel rooms if possiable ..

Padraig ...
          (Hugs crazy Irish guy)

Ummm ..... might be time for you to start getting organized. I'm all done except the packing .... and buying chocolates ..... and blue jello ... and .... maybe I should start getting organized!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
            I'm offially ready for AT4 ... found a shop that had loads of smurfs chocolate, bought lots
            Awesome! I do need to find something to bring myself. Hmm...maybe I can take a run to the candy factory here to find something good and unusual to take to share with everyone. Hopefully I won't dip too much till they're completely gone before my travels are over though.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            (Hugs crazy Irish guy)

Ummm ..... might be time for you to start getting organized. I'm all done except the packing .... and buying chocolates ..... and blue jello ... and .... maybe I should start getting organized!
            I'm nearly there. Flight bought..check. Plotting out my wandering course through the UK and Europe...check. Booking all sorts of PT and hostels/hotels...coming soonish! Buying what I need for the trip...half way there. Packing...yet to come! Woo! Can't wait!

48 days left for me!

Comment

Near the Con hotel (for the RDA event specifically as that's the one I'm attending) are there restaurants and stores to get food or are you pretty much resigned to eating whatever you bring with you or at the hotel restaurant? Is it a safe area to walk in outside after dark?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i felt safe. there was about 2 blocks right on granville street that were very rough, but go to the 'other side' of the block, as in an alley away, and i felt fine to walk.

I remember a 711 right across the street, a subway around the corner and a sandwich shop right next door. There was a chinese place a block or two away, and i'm sure there were more, but we just didn't have time to look.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Near the Con hotel (for the RDA event specifically as that's the one I'm attending) are there restaurants and stores to get food or are you pretty much resigned to eating whatever you bring with you or at the hotel restaurant? Is it a safe area to walk in outside after dark?
                  Robson Street, which is touristy, is quite close and there tons of places to eat over there. There is also around a ten minute walk away a fairmount hotel so you know the area must be nice. By the Fairmont is a mall that has a few places to eat at.
                  Last edited by sabrina_lane03; 11 September 2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Go out the door by the Starbucks turn left and there is a Tim Horton's about a block and a half down the street on the left. Earl's is just a little farther down the block from Tim Horton's.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

62 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I walked the streets in and around the con hotel (Sheraton Wall Centre) day and night and felt no fear. I fondly remember my early morning walks the most. Nobody bothered me and I almost felt like I blended into the city, as if I lived there. The bit of night walking I did around the city were down bustling streets full of people as well as the quiet streets lined with houses and apartment buildings and it was quite peaceful. I obviously had no problems and found many 'hidden' gems of spots along the way that no tourist guide could ever compare. Definitely try the walk to Stanely Park if your able and if that's too much, just head west from the hotel and you'll run smack into the beach area. It's not to be missed!

As for food. I could recommend quite a few places. I accidentally on purpose found this little restaurant that makes the most delicious oyster po boys. They were fantastic! There's lots of places to eat that are just a short walk from the hotel in literally any direction. And coffee! If your a fan, they're on nearly every street corner. I counted at least three different companies competing for the masses craving for the strong brew.

Comment

I know it is here somewhere in the thread but it would take a long time to find it. I'm finally getting around to booking my flights so who is going to be in London before the con and who is there after?
                          Here it is Sept 12 and I have yet to book my flights as well. I've been out of the loop and trying to catch up with this thread. Haven't even really decided how long I can afford to stay. I was planning on booking for the 11th and have not been able to decide if I want to just attend AT4 or try and do a little more sightseeing after or just come right on home. I have booked a double room from the 12th to 16th. Also my roommate has decided she can't come so I am looking for someone to share my room. Any takers? Or has everyone already settled that little problem already?

Donamac (sightseeing with 2 good eyes would be a treat, too)

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better today. My very perceptive granddad got me out of bed and got some food into me by taking me out for lunch.

Monday was an awful day... I had a scary asthma attack, sat a test at uni and then had to go straight into work for that meeting with HR. Well the tests were marked extremely quickly and I just found out I got the highest mark in the class! 100 nursing students and the one who forgot to study and had an asthma attack came out on top. Heh.

So yeah, wee bit happier.
                            Just goes to show you are a natural!!! Congrats

Comment

I know this makes me a bad Sam fan but I've never eaten blue jello (except I may have had some at AT3, can't recall) but I assume Canadian stores would carry it. I can bring you some.
                              I can also bring as much as I can fit--it'll be up for grabs. (to the highest bidder) Just kidding....

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                                Just goes to show you are a natural!!! Congrats
                                Thanks
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X