GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    Oh dear. Perhaps no one was listening when I typed and we can create a diversion. Quick! Think of something inappropriate to say about polar bears!
    Waits for Mandy or Jan to wander by with some pithy response .....

It's the price you paid for my company, and you bore it well. *feels loved... or at least knows that I am equal to a bottle of revitilising flavored water )
    At least.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh dear. Perhaps no one was listening when I typed and we can create a diversion. Quick! Think of something inappropriate to say about polar bears!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Waits for Mandy or Jan to wander by with some pithy response .....

At least.

Huh, what...did someone say something?

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

lol at Chelle and Hannah^^
        People don't know where I'm coming from or going to anymore either. I'm working for UNICEF at the moment and having to call all of our existing givers who's Gift Aid status (where we claim back the tax on their donations so that it goes to the charity and not inland revenue) are unknown. On Tuesday I called a supporter and their kid answered and yells to his mom that there's "some American on the phone" (I get this one a lot). Last week I heard someone tell his wife there's some Australian woman calling (though this could possibly be because I was testing out my Aussie accent for kicks *clings to Chelle* you are so going to have to forgive me because I will start copying you!). People always ask me what part of the States I'm from and I tell them I'm from South Africa, and they're like "but you don't have an accent and you sound American" and I'm like "yep, lived there for a bit, stole their accent, tried to pretend I got rid of it and failed". And they're like "oh, so you're South African then?" and I'm like "Well no, actually I'm British." And then their heads explode.
        Actually it's a good thing I'm telling you this story now because it saves me the explanation at Gabit! We've just saved valuable time and can put those excess minutes to more constructive things like helping Neep out of her pants
        Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        AT4 is going to have such a delightful mish mash of sounds
        I was just telling my cuz who is over from NZ that when I get to the hotel in London you'll probably hear me say..."Holy cow there's a lot of foreigners here!!" It's going to be very very interesting to hear all those funny accents...coz we Aussies don't have one!! (Not many people can pull off an Aussie accent...but its way easy to pull off an American or British accent...or Scottish...or Irish...or French...) But I cant wait to hear Neep try to say six without it sounding like
        Spoiler:
        sex
        ...but if she's like my uncle, she'll practice til she's blue in the face and not do it...but trust me...my cuz has a very distinct accent...and she doesn't say six!!
        Just 10 minutes with my cuz and I can already hear myself trip over words...usually swear words ...my cuz has the affect on me!! ...but hopefully I can keep my Aussie-ness intact and not be dragged down into the accent pool!
        Re: VIT-amins...when we say say vitamins it's sounds like vite-amins. Apparently though, according Joe Flannigan.,..and that's not saying much considering the way he says "Atlantis" ...he thinks the way we pronounce the word "water" is funny...I don't get it??
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Actually it's a good thing I'm telling you this story now because it saves me the explanation at Gabit! We've just saved valuable time and can put those excess minutes to more constructive things like helping Neep out of her pants
          Heh, like I need help.

Good thing you started this conversation, because my own accent story is quite complicated:

21 years in New Zild.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          [/SIZE] But I cant wait to hear Neep try to say six without it sounding like
          Spoiler:
          sex
          ...but if she's like my uncle, she'll practice til she's blue in the face and not do it...but trust me...my cuz has a very distinct accent...and she doesn't say six!!
          No... no. We will test this out at AT4 and everyone will know once and for all all that it's the Aussie who says six as sex.

Grrrr.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I bought my flight! It was ridiculously expensive, but it had dropped about $40, so I decided to buy.

I arrive on Thursday at 1:30pm and leave on Thursday the 19th at 11am.

So Neep... where are you staying after the con? Can we coordinate? Or will you be sick of me

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              I bought my flight! It was ridiculously expensive, but it had dropped about $40, so I decided to buy.

I arrive on Thursday at 1:30pm and leave on Thursday the 19th at 11am.

So Neep... where are you staying after the con? Can we coordinate? Or will you be sick of me
              Would love to coordinate, I have no set plans yet. I know you're looking for a step up from a backpackers, but I'm looking for cheap as. Know of a reasonably compromise?
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Me? Pick on the little PengYn? Never. (think of you every time I see VIT-a-min water )
                Lol ... me too!

Antoa, glad you booked your flight!! I can't wait to see you guys again (and everyone else too).

10 weeks today!!! WOO HOO
                sigpic

Comment

10 days since I put the application in the post and I have my passport! Yay! So happy...
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

70 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      Heh, like I need help.
                      No... no. We will test this out at AT4 and everyone will know once and for all all that it's the Aussie who says six as sex.

Grrrr.
                      So true - as someone who is both a NZer and an Aussie (half my life in each country....hmmm must be time to move somewhere else!)....I can say that NZers say "sux" (and fush and chups) and Australians say "seeex"
                      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                        So true - as someone who is both a NZer and an Aussie (half my life in each country....hmmm must be time to move somewhere else!)....I can say that NZers say "sux" (and fush and chups) and Australians say "seeex"
                        That's it!! We are soooo gonna have a six/sex off at the Ren in November!!
                        NZ dictionary (pronunciation)
                        Aus = This
                        NZ = Thus
                        Aus = That
                        NZ = Thet
                        Aus = Happening
                        NZ = Heppening
                        Aus = Mish
                        NZ = Mush
                        Aus = Six
                        NZ = Sex
                        Aus = Chips
                        NZ = Chups
                        Aus = Is
                        NZ = As

You know I love you Neep. right?? I love the Kiwi's...I really do! I'm related to a few for heavens sake!! But I'm telling you...Aussies do not say sex for six or vice versa...
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh boy is my mind wandering right now
                        ...but that's not the point...we shall see at AT4!! And no cheating Neep...no practicing to sound different...or in your case...defferent!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
                          Yes! You're a keeper, stick around. I expect to see 1000 posts out of you by the end of the month.

Chelle- why would I try to change how I say it? You should be practising!
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi Guys

*slinks on in to thread* WELCOME BACK MAL!!!!

Ok......so usually when I disappear from this thread for a while....strange things happen.......

Spoiler:

We've just saved valuable time and can put those excess minutes to more constructive things like helping Neep out of her pants

Hmmmmm.........ok......

*coughs nervously and goes back to singing*

S'n'T
                            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

** I see paris, I see france I see neep's......
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

How did you know it was me!?

http://peopleofwalmart.com/?p=1061
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X