No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I also brought up the last attendees list ... it's so long!

Attendees:
    RepliCartertje (Eve)
    Gater88 (Amb)
    LeeFraser (Alison)
    Fuchsia
    Tracy Jane
    Tittamiire (Hannah)
    ames
    tsaxlady
    ShimmeringStar
    SamJackShipLover (Annelies)
    Flow
    Donamac
    Chelle
    EH-T
    Neep
    Antoa
    babancat
    HiSG1Fans
    ~Sarah~
    bikerchic1977
    Sofie
    Sofie's mom
    ChopinGal
    mal
    samcarterrules (Julia)
    Donna and Doris (Julia's carers)
    Shirt'n'Tie
    jacksamgal
    milkyway (Mieke)
    Master Bray Tack
    LadyJeep
    PengYn (MegYn)
    Celandine (Brenda)
    lame moose
    Mousie
    Starflight

Cocktail party attendees:
    RepliCartertje
    Gater88 (Amb)
    LeeFraser (Alison)
    tsaxlady
    ShimmeringStar
    Flow
    Chelle
    EH-T
    babancat
    HiSG1Fans
    ~Sarah~
    bikerchic1977
    Sofie
    Sofie's mom
    ChopinGal
    samcarterrules (Julia)
    Neep
    Antoa
    lame moose
    sigpic

Comment

And to spam this thread ... lol.

Badges! I think for AT3 Sky's friend made badges for Gateworld and LJ peeps, I really liked it
      For the sam_daily community on LiveJournal we've started making badges for AT4, for everyone that is going and wants one. That way we can recognize each other. Most people just print (and laminate) it themselves.

Should we also make badges for gateworlders? What do you think? I'm more than happy to make a little design and personalise them for anyone that wants one. For LJ, we use screenname, real name and name of the comm .. for here I could use screenname, real name if you want and maybe the word "Samanda"? Or just "Gateworld"?

I know for AT3 we all got them completely laminated. I won't be able to do that, so my suggestion would be that I send everyone their badge and you take care of printing yourself (or ask someone to do it for you).

What do you think?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        I think this is the last list ... you can still add yourself or change things

Jack the Ripper tour (wednesday, november 11, 7 pm, �7.00)

Definitely want to go:
        Neep
        Chelle
        Annelies (SamJackShipLover)
        Master Bray Tack
        bikerchic1977
        ~Sarah~

Maybe:
        EH-T
        Flow (Annelies' friend)
        Ames
        Shirt'n'Tie
        Celandine +1
        *Edit to add* Scratch this, see future posts.

OK, bookings are open for November now.

Just went to have a look, and it looks like you have to pay the full price when you book. We can all book separately, but I'm a bit worried that if there are too many people they might split, because this company likes to keep the groups small. I will email them about that. The other problem is that payment is via paypal, which I know isn't ideal for some of us.
        Last edited by NZNeep; 25 August 2009, 01:16 AM.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Badges! I think for AT3 Sky's friend made badges for Gateworld and LJ peeps, I really liked it
          For the sam_daily community on LiveJournal we've started making badges for AT4, for everyone that is going and wants one. That way we can recognize each other. Most people just print (and laminate) it themselves.
          Should we also make badges for gateworlders? What do you think? I'm more than happy to make a little design and personalise them for anyone that wants one. For LJ, we use screenname, real name and name of the comm .. for here I could use screenname, real name if you want and maybe the word "Samanda"? Or just "Gateworld"?
          I know for AT3 we all got them completely laminated. I won't be able to do that, so my suggestion would be that I send everyone their badge and you take care of printing yourself (or ask someone to do it for you).
          What do you think?
          Spam away Lies...at least some of us are keeping Mal company!!!
          I would love to have GateWorld badges made up...we have them for Armageddon and its just awesome to catch up woth those you see on a forum on a regular basis. Love the idea Lies...it's brilliant!!!
          Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          OK, bookings are open for November now.
          Just went to have a look, and it looks like you have to pay the full price when you book. We can all book separately, but I'm a bit worried that if there are too many people they might split, because this company likes to keep the groups small. I will email them about that. The other problem is that payment is via paypal, which I know isn't ideal for some of us.
          Here is the link for Wednesday 11th for anyone that wants to go ahead and buy their ticket. PM or email me if paypal is a problem and we will see what we can sort out.
          https://kiosk.iristickets.co.uk/k;js...HOICE&pageid=0
          So wouldn't it be prudent to make sure we can all get on the same tour first before we all start booking our individual tours???
          Lies...when we book, I will book you with me...if that's ok with you?
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

81 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              OK, I'm all booked. Arrive at 6:25 a.m. on November 11th and leave at noon on the 17th.
              *warns UK border security*

On the JtR walk, just in case it becomes too difficult for seperate bookings, have you weighed up doing the London Walks one? You don't have to book, the walks happen every night of the week leaving from Tower Hill tube. It costs £7 and you pay the guide at the start of the walk. It's one of the most popular of the London walks so I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint, I've been on it twice and both times the guide has been very knowledgable and entertaining. Just a thought if your first choice doesn't work out
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                *warns UK border security*

On the JtR walk, just in case it becomes too difficult for seperate bookings, have you weighed up doing the London Walks one? You don't have to book, the walks happen every night of the week leaving from Tower Hill tube. It costs £7 and you pay the guide at the start of the walk. It's one of the most popular of the London walks so I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint, I've been on it twice and both times the guide has been very knowledgable and entertaining. Just a thought if your first choice doesn't work out
                I am going to have to second this. With such a big group (and some that aren't 100% sure yet), I think you'd be better off going with one that is a bit more flexible (i/e doesn't require reservations or pre-payment)

I enjoyed the tour muchly when we went after AT3.

Comment

Sounds good. Has anyone booked with the other one yet? If not, we will switch to the London walks one. Thanks guys.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I haven't booked anything yet so I'm quite happy to go along with this idea...sounds great...thank MegYn!!
                    Do we need to book for things like the London Eye?? I've heard that you have to book to go on it...how do you recommend we play this one out??
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      I haven't booked anything yet so I'm quite happy to go along with this idea...sounds great...thank MegYn!!
                      Do we need to book for things like the London Eye?? I've heard that you have to book to go on it...how do you recommend we play this one out??
                      A lot of folks do indeed book their London Eye tickets in advance simply because it is a ridiculously popular attraction and their are always massive queues to get them. If it's something you really would like to do then booking a ticket beforehand avoids disappointment later. Any other London attractions that you'd like to see you can simply buy tickets for at the entrances.
                      sigpic

Comment

A lot of folks do indeed book their London Eye tickets in advance simply because it is a ridiculously popular attraction and their are always massive queues to get them. If it's something you really would like to do then booking a ticket beforehand avoids disappointment later. Any other London attractions that you'd like to see you can simply buy tickets for at the entrances.
                        Check out visitbritain.com. I get regular emails from them, and today they had something in the newsletter about buying your Eye ticket with another thing and getting a better discount. Here it is:
                        "Summer Sizzler!
                        Buy London Eye fast track tickets and The Original London Sightseeing tour together and save 25% off the regular price. Use discount code "sizzler" at checkout."
                        Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Didn't see myself there, so reposting the attendee list:

Attendees:
                          RepliCartertje (Eve)
                          Gater88 (Amb)
                          LeeFraser (Alison)
                          Fuchsia
                          Tracy Jane
                          Tittamiire (Hannah)
                          ames
                          tsaxlady
                          ShimmeringStar
                          Flow
                          Donamac
                          Chelle
                          EH-T
                          Neep
                          Antoa
                          babancat
                          HiSG1Fans
                          ~Sarah~
                          bikerchic1977
                          Sofie
                          Sofie's mom
                          ChopinGal
                          mal
                          samcarterrules (Julia)
                          Donna and Doris (Julia's carers)
                          Shirt'n'Tie
                          jacksamgal
                          milkyway (Mieke)
                          Master Bray Tack
                          LadyJeep
                          PengYn (MegYn)
                          Celandine (Brenda)
                          lame moose
                          Mousie
                          Starflight
                          MajorSamFan
                          Atomicpagan

Cocktail party attendees:
                          RepliCartertje
                          Gater88 (Amb)
                          LeeFraser (Alison)
                          tsaxlady
                          ShimmeringStar
                          Flow
                          Chelle
                          EH-T
                          babancat
                          HiSG1Fans
                          ~Sarah~
                          bikerchic1977
                          Sofie
                          Sofie's mom
                          ChopinGal
                          samcarterrules (Julia)
                          Neep
                          Antoa
                          lame moose

Sadly, two of my "party of four" had to cancel (Edith & Tricia, for those who know them). GABIT had me sell my ticket to someone on the wait list named Glynis.
                          Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Sadly, two of my "party of four" had to cancel (Edith & Tricia, for those who know them). GABIT had me sell my ticket to someone on the wait list named Glynis.
                            Sorry to hear about the cancelations. Totally off-topic, but I just love the name Glynis. Every Glynis or Glennis I've known has been the very nicest person they could be.

Gosh, the time is getting short! I have to start thinking about packing. As for the GateWorld name tags... I think it would be fun to give everybody a number, let everybody guess whose real name goes with the GateWorld name, then have the person with the most right introduce the person with the most wrong to everybody.

Stupid idea, I know.

(I just had to figure out a way for me to meet everybody as I know I'll be the person who knows the fewest names.)

Comment

What do you think?
                              I might be on the LJ sam daily community but I'm in so many that I'd have to check. At any rate, I havent posted there for awhile so I most likely missed anything on badges. I like the idea though.

When I went to the Creation Con this past weekend, I took one I already had and wore it for the first couple days. It came in handy for meeting up with peeps who were on GW and they were easily came to know me because of it.

I wouldnt ask you to go to the trouble of making mine Lies as I think I can do another one. This one I might make very general though. Instead of indicating the specific con on it in ancient writing, I'd like to just do one where I could use it over and over. Perhaps GW name, real name and some cool Stargate/Sanctuary designs on it or whatever.

For anyone thinking on it, I'd really recommend it as its a great ice-breaker for meeting new people and just adds to the whole fun experience of a con.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Gosh, the time is getting short! I have to start thinking about packing. As for the GateWorld name tags... I think it would be fun to give everybody a number, let everybody guess whose real name goes with the GateWorld name, then have the person with the most right introduce the person with the most wrong to everybody.
                                Stupid idea, I know.
                                (I just had to figure out a way for me to meet everybody as I know I'll be the person who knows the fewest names.)
                                I would say it's a good idea except you and I will both be wandering around wondering who was who and looking like total dorks!
                                Originally posted by MajorSamFan View Post
                                Check out visitbritain.com. I get regular emails from them, and today they had something in the newsletter about buying your Eye ticket with another thing and getting a better discount. Here it is:
                                "Summer Sizzler!
                                Buy London Eye fast track tickets and The Original London Sightseeing tour together and save 25% off the regular price. Use discount code "sizzler" at checkout."
                                Thank you ladies...I shall make inquiries soon. I think it might be a good idea to book the London Eye and see how we go from there...who else is interested in going on the Eye???
                                Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                When I went to the Creation Con this past weekend, I took one I already had and wore it for the first couple days. It came in handy for meeting up with peeps who were on GW and they were easily came to know me because of it.
                                I wouldnt ask you to go to the trouble of making mine Lies as I think I can do another one. This one I might make very general though. Instead of indicating the specific con on it in ancient writing, I'd like to just do one where I could use it over and over. Perhaps GW name, real name and some cool Stargate/Sanctuary designs on it or whatever.
                                For anyone thinking on it, I'd really recommend it as its a great ice-breaker for meeting new people and just adds to the whole fun experience of a con.
                                This badge is what we wore to last years Armageddon...it was made by LtColErrandBoy...made meeting up and getting to know peeps from GW a whole lot easier...and lost of fun too!!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X