GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    I've been ordered out of "Sam's a Great Character Thread" and onto here for a while by Chopingal. I didn't realise there was so much chat going on about GABIT!

It has been great to see a few of you posting on aforementioned thread!

Wow! Chopingal. Do you think me worthy enough to carry your bags? - I assume you would never let me handle your accordion! Duffs cap and bows humbly whilst shuffling backwards!
    Roadie?! - you know I'm an action gal and 1speed is gonna help me reaquaint myself with the electric Bass!!
    I am??? Oh, right... Suppose I'd better dust the things off and try to remember what to do myself, then.

I just hope you've warned your neighbours about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      I waited until I got to Burbank to purchase official merchandise as I wanted to see if they had different things from the Creation Site. There were tons of pictures of SG1 and SGA, banners, T-shirts, hats, books and more that I can't remember. Burbank was fairly small; someone said about 400 in their con report and that was only Sunday when Michael and Chris were there.
      So best I spend a bit beforehand...and carry a goodly sum to Gabit,then ?
      Suits me fine,as I'm currently hoarding cash,and cutting down on what I can,to make sure all this goodness is affordable.
      (As I'm going to L3 with Hubby in November,the economy drive has been in force for quite some time anyway.)

I got my confirmation from Gabit today!!!!!!! I really can go, they are going to let me in the door or just take my payment and not let me in the door. Oh well, I will be in London when I find out.
      Oh,boy...I'd love to see the organisers try to keep you out !
      (I'd love to gain a windfall so I could treat KG and several other forum pals too.Unlikely,but a nice thought,eh ? )

Coley : Looking forward to meeting you at the Con.
      Wondering who we can select as the Band's "Roadie", now....
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
        I'm not sure how much i'll spend at the con on things. But be careful with auction's . The prices can GROW very large before you turn around.

i've seen things going for a £1000. The lower priices tend to be £300 ish
        I was amazed at how fast the prices jumped up into the hundreds of dollars.
        sigpic

Comment

Well at least the hotel is going to let me in!!!!! Now for the dreaded plane tickets. *wonders if all this jumping up and down will help me lose weight*
          sigpic

Comment

*Wonders if all my economising will help me lose weight !*

*Sigh* I do need to shape up.I looked at some pics of Amanda at the ComicCon,and went "Wow"...there's someone who has iron will.I used to have a great figure till I crocked my knees.I want that old "me" back.

There'll be a cash reward for anyone who can find her,lol !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Of course it did,m'dear !

So..96 days to go according to the lovely lime-flavoured countdown supplied by MAL.
              Perhaps this might be a good time to update the Roll-Call ?

Scurries off to find the list...

Also....
              ForeverSg1 (Maybe ?)

Come all ye Sam/Amanda fans.....
              I've got my Gabit ticket and room all booked.
              We'll be there Thursday through Monday.

I can't believe I'm actually getting excited about getting on an airplane.

Comment

i tend to listen to guests talking then decide at the last minute. I've met AT twice already. This will be my third time.
                I'd just like to say how envious I am of you. I've never met Amanda and I'm just praying that I don't embarrass myself when I finally do.

Comment

*Sigh* I do need to shape up.I looked at some pics of Amanda at the ComicCon,and went "Wow"...there's someone who has iron will.I used to have a great figure till I crocked my knees.I want that old "me" back.

Well I've never had a great figure, but I seriously doubt anyone will be looking in my direction with Amanda in the room anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

This is great news! Another Samandan is flying across the pond!

I'm flying across the pond not only for Amanda, now I want to hear 1speed and Coley playing the electric bass! Let's see ... banjo, bass, piano, vocals by BAGPUSS, Guinness ... Kat/Forever Sg1, do you want to be the Roadie? What the h..l is a Roadie anyhow?! (I'm a Royal Hen ... maybe my term is groupie?!)

Maybe we can set up in the lobby of the hotel - jam a little bit and bring down the cost of our hotel bills! Oops - hold the show ... I have a terrific lead vocalist who may sit in with us!

Now wouldn't that be fun!
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 27 July 2005, 07:52 PM.

Comment

That's okay, FHB ... you can always hide behind the piano! On second thought, I may join you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        I've been ordered out of "Sam's a Great Character Thread" and onto here for a while by Chopingal. I didn't realise there was so much chat going on about GABIT!

It has been great to see a few of you posting on aforementioned thread!

Wow! Chopingal. Do you think me worthy enough to carry your bags? - I assume you would never let me handle your accordion! Duffs cap and bows humbly whilst shuffling backwards!
                        Roadie?! - you know I'm an action gal and 1speed is gonna help me reaquaint myself with the electric Bass!!
                        My Dear Coley

Not bringing the accordion ... afraid the dear squeezebox would be violated in customs!

Now, you've given me even more of an incentive to come if you're planning to make your debut playing bass! Holy Hannah ... you go girl!

And 1speed too! Amanda will be asking for your autographs by the time the weekend is coming to a close!

Comment

I'm not sure how much i'll spend at the con on things. But be careful with auction's . The prices can GROW very large before you turn around.

i've seen things going for a £1000. The lower priices tend to be £300 ish
                          ROTFLOL Oh yeah, I'm gonna be sittin' on my hands and make sure I don't accidentally gesture during the auction and buy something! I'll be broke paying for the plane tickets!

Comment

Would that be in pounds or dollars?

Originally posted by ForeverSG1

Well I've never had a great figure, but I seriously doubt anyone will be looking in my direction with Amanda in the room anyway.
                            Woohoo! Congrats ForeverSG1! Another yank invades Gabit from GW.

I doubt anyone would be looking at me either, especially with Amanda in the room, but that does make it easier to melt into the background.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've never met Amanda and I'm just praying that I don't embarrass myself when I finally do.
                              I think that is probably a given that I will embarass myself when I meet Amanda. I usually have a really bad case of foot in mouth disease in these situations.
                              sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you ! Time to adjust the roll-call,as we had you down as a "maybe".
                                True,Amanda will be everyone's focus,but my motives are that of mobility,not any personal vanity.
                                (Too many years of sports injuries,and klutziness...Oy ! )
                                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                That's okay, FHB ... you can always hide behind the piano! On second thought, I may join you!!
                                Nope ! We mustn't chicken out....as we might miss something .( It'd be very difficult to explain to friends,family and other GWers,that "we spent,we went...we ran away and hid ",lol ! )
                                Love your photo of AT. I know she plays guitar,and used to play the flute.I wonder if she'd be up for a sing-around too ?

Would that be in pounds or dollars?
                                Neither,m'dear Kligs. I intend to pay the "reward" with my daughter's remaining euros left unspent since her school trip to Germany. (approx 1.5 euros= not a lot in $/£ !)
                                Well....you might need them someday !

ETA : Updated Gabit Roll-Call :

Mal
                                FHBAGPUSS
                                Seabee
                                ChopinGal
                                dipsofjazz
                                1speed4sam & Coley
                                ForeverSg1
                                Kliggins
                                Sue_the_Lurker
                                Polosmoothie
                                GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
                                Rowan(maybe)
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 July 2005, 12:16 AM. Reason: finding and editing in the roll call.

Comment

Working...
                                X