No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mal seems to be M.I.A., so here is today's countdown. "It is an honour to serve."

91 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Mal seems to be M.I.A., so here is today's countdown. "It is an honour to serve."

Thanks for that . The net often prevents me posting in the morning these days. Was just heading in to do it know

Comment

*Tip toes quietly into the thread*
        91 days to AT4!!!!!!

*psst somebody go wake up Shirt & Tie*
        *tiptoes back out of thread*

Sorry Shirt&Tie ,, I could not resist . .Will ring you 2 Moro
        Have Fun Every body . Not Long Now ...
        Last edited by Master Bray Tack; 14 August 2009, 01:07 PM.
        CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
        Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
        Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
        Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
        Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
        Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Things have settled down here a bit now I really need to concentrate on purchasing the slew of PT tickets I'll be needing for my 2 wk jaunt through Europe before AT4. Cant believe we have a little over two months left! Where'd the year go?

Comment

I know it is here somewhere in the thread but it would take a long time to find it. I'm finally getting around to booking my flights so who is going to be in London before the con and who is there after?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              I know it is here somewhere in the thread but it would take a long time to find it. I'm finally getting around to booking my flights so who is going to be in London before the con and who is there after?
              Me!

Mumsey
              (half asleep and in a silly mood. Nighty night kids.)
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I am leaning towards the 12th through the 19th. Tickets are sooooo expensive now! Gah!

Comment

I may be doing the Jack the Ripper tour with a friend so we may be in London a few days beforehand to do some sightseeing.

What are your plans?

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  Me!

Mumsey
                  *pokes sleepy Mumsey*

Comment

Lies and I shall be in London from the Monday before til the Monday after. I am soooo hoping the Jack the Ripper tour goes ahead coz I sooo want to be on it!!
                    I'd also like to see a few sites like Big Ben and go on the London Eye..I heard we should book the London Eye in advance...would that be a prudent thing to do?
                    Is everyone getting a little bit excited yet?
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I will be arriving on the 5th and leaving on the 16th. I would like to take a day trip down to Canterbury for one day. Anyone interested? I will be doing some genealogy but I am game for anyone who would like to do some sight seeing.

I already booked a resident apartment in London near Paddington Tube station. They have a fridge and stuff so I can prepare my own meals; food allergies. I'll be at the Ren on thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Me!

Mumsey
                        Thanks Mumsey, that's very helpful!

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                        I am leaning towards the 12th through the 19th. Tickets are sooooo expensive now! Gah!
                        Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        I may be doing the Jack the Ripper tour with a friend so we may be in London a few days beforehand to do some sightseeing.

What are your plans?

*pokes sleepy Mumsey*
                        Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Lies and I shall be in London from the Monday before til the Monday after. I am soooo hoping the Jack the Ripper tour goes ahead coz I sooo want to be on it!!
                        I'd also like to see a few sites like Big Ben and go on the London Eye..I heard we should book the London Eye in advance...would that be a prudent thing to do?
                        Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                        I will be arriving on the 5th and leaving on the 16th. I would like to take a day trip down to Canterbury for one day. Anyone interested? I will be doing some genealogy but I am game for anyone who would like to do some sight seeing.

I already booked a resident apartment in London near Paddington Tube station. They have a fridge and stuff so I can prepare my own meals; food allergies. I'll be at the Ren on thursday.
                        Thanks for the replies. I'm currently checking availability. I'm coming on points so that may restrict me somewhat. Currently leaning toward arriving on the morning of the 11th (so I can do the JTR tour) and leaving on the 17th but I might stay another day if people are around to sightsee with. (I know Mumsey will be there. )

If I come on the 11th I would like to attend a Remembrance Day ceremony. I know it is different in some countries but in Canada on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we remember those who gave their lives in order that we could be free. I never had the opportunity to know 3 of my uncles who were killed in WWII and it has always been important to us to honour their memory. All 3 were with the RCAF and flew out of England. Any recommendations from the locals regarding which ceremony to attend?

Comment

In the States it's Veteran's Day but it observed on the second Monday in November. I would also like to attend an Remembrance Day event also in recognition of all who have served their respective countries.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm currently checking availability. I'm coming on points so that may restrict me somewhat. Currently leaning toward arriving on the morning of the 11th (so I can do the JTR tour) and leaving on the 17th but I might stay another day if people are around to sightsee with. (I know Mumsey will be there. )

If I come on the 11th I would like to attend a Remembrance Day ceremony. I know it is different in some countries but in Canada on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month we remember those who gave their lives in order that we could be free. I never had the opportunity to know 3 of my uncles who were killed in WWII and it has always been important to us to honour their memory. All 3 were with the RCAF and flew out of England. Any recommendations from the locals regarding which ceremony to attend?
                            Remembrance Sunday is 8th November this year but there will be a ceremony at the Cenotaph in Marble Arch in the centre of London at 11am on the 11th.
                            http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...ce-sunday-2009

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/London/Cenotaph.html

FF who is very big on supporting the British Legion and Poppy selling and has a lot of respect for those who also honour Our Glorious Dead.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Very excited!!!

And yay you for looking into things we should see

Starsong ... what is Canterbury? Chelle and I have no plans settled yet. Except hopefully the Jack the Ripper tour on wednesday evening.
                              We booked a very nice hotel for the monday till thursday and we'll also be at the Ren on thursday.

Cel ... when will you know when you and Su will be in London? PM me if you need the info on the hotel we found.

EH-T .. if you arrive earlier instead of staying ater, you're of course welcome to sightsee with us

Very excited indeed!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                                In the States it's Veteran's Day but it observed on the second Monday in November. I would also like to attend an Remembrance Day event also in recognition of all who have served their respective countries.
                                Great, maybe once things are finalised we can arrange to meet.

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                                Remembrance Sunday is 8th November this year but there will be a ceremony at the Cenotaph in Marble Arch in the centre of London at 11am on the 11th.
                                http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...ce-sunday-2009

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/London/Cenotaph.html

FF who is very big on supporting the British Legion and Poppy selling and has a lot of respect for those who also honour Our Glorious Dead.
                                Interesting. In Canada we always have Remembrance Day on the 11th (it is a national holiday). I didn't realise that in the UK you celebrate it on the closest Sunday (I assume that from your post). Thanks for the info. I will plan on the Cenotaph. I will definitely be wearing a poppy. Here we start wearing them about a week in advance of the 11th. I was actually wondering if I will have an issue wearing one on the plane as it does have a pin.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Very excited!!!

And yay you for looking into things we should see

Starsong ... what is Canterbury? Chelle and I have no plans settled yet. Except hopefully the Jack the Ripper tour on wednesday evening.
                                We booked a very nice hotel for the monday till thursday and we'll also be at the Ren on thursday.

Cel ... when will you know when you and Su will be in London? PM me if you need the info on the hotel we found.

EH-T .. if you arrive earlier instead of staying ater, you're of course welcome to sightsee with us

Very excited indeed!!
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X