GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Mal...where are you?? Just in case you've been locked out of GW too...hope you don't mind me updating the countdown.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*lifts head and takes a breather from catching up on NCIS eps*
      I was thinking of getting new luggage before heading to that side of the pond, but alas... I think I'll just fix the inside of mine... that silly little plastic that is around the corners snapped off... cheap was key until that happened.... where is the duct tape when I need it....
      Speaking of, gotta order that new jacket that I found online... can't believe that the department store that I go to isn't carrying anything but semi-gaudy looking spring jackets....
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

For the Blue Jello crew.

I have managed to get hold of some little plastic shot 'glasses'.

The Jug and some little jelly pots will be ready, and I will try to sort out some sort of trays to layer them in the fridge.

Mumsey
        (looking forward to the results )
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          For the Blue Jello crew.

The Jug and some little jelly pots will be ready, and I will try to sort out some sort of trays to layer them in the fridge.

Mumsey
          not that i'm an expert or anything on jello shots (checks to see if rented halo is still in place after a week in vancouver) but i usually use something like this

the lids make stacking easier with no trays needed.. uhm.. at least that's what i've heard..

i'll be bringing a bunch over with me as well.. they don't take up that much room in a suitcase until they're full..

Comment

I think I've said this in the Sanctuary thread... When we were teenagers my twin sister made us all jello shots, but she didn't have any shot glasses so she just made big bowls of the stuff. And she didn't have and vodka, so she used gin. And she didn't have the ratios quite right...

Quote of the night: "but why does the jello burn?"
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Mal...where are you?? Just in case you've been locked out of GW too...hope you don't mind me updating the countdown.
              Thanks for that! Yes I could not get into GW.

Comment

Comment

For the Blue Jello crew.
                  Mumsey
                  I have to admit...I'm looking forward to the jelly shots. Yummo!!!
                  Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  I think I've said this in the Sanctuary thread... When we were teenagers my twin sister made us all jello shots, but she didn't have any shot glasses so she just made big bowls of the stuff. And she didn't have and vodka, so she used gin. And she didn't have the ratios quite right...

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                  Thanks for that! Yes I could not get into GW.
                  No worries. Anytime!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

And before anyone is worried, i'm sure there'll be plenty of 'virgin' jello shots. In fact, iirc, all the jello/jelly last year was non-alcoholic
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      And before anyone is worried, i'm sure there'll be plenty of 'virgin' jello shots. In fact, iirc, all the jello/jelly last year was non-alcoholic
                      The jello shots I've done in the past have been in much tinier cups than even what bikerchic dug up. I guess it depends on the ratio of alcohol to jello lol. The lids are very handy though. Would make for nice stacking in the various fridges around the Ren.

What I might suggest is using different colors for the non-alcoholic jello versus alcoholic. That way, nobody is taken unawares by mistakenly picking up one off the wrong table. *nod*
                      Last edited by Celandine; 08 April 2009, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Howdy all!
                        In case anyone was wondering why I dropped off the face of the Earth (presuming anyone's really noticed my absence, of course) ... I've been away attempting to not fail my courses for a while. 5 more weeks to go - then ames'll be back full-swing in here!
                        I've been told that my bluey-goodness-enjoying butt *ahem* presence was required, so popped back on over momentarily

I vote red too!

I haven't got any luggage. I usually steal a bag from my dad when I go away for a long weekend, but it's been a while!

Something else I should be thinking about...
                        If we're talking about luggage in general, black and red are the most popular colours there are, at least coming from North America. There are a couple major manufacturers that make the same shade of red (speaking from personal experience here!) ... regardless of what colour your bags are, I recommend getting those coloured luggage straps to help ID your stuff *nods*

For the Blue Jello crew.

Mumsey
                        Sweet - thx muchly Mumsey! *does wee happy dance*
                        Last time we borrowed serving trays from the Ren - they were highly helpful that way. Not sure how we can layer them in the fridges, persay, but I'm sure we'll come up with something! We are fairly resourceful ppl, after all!

*giggles*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Yes, all shots last year were non-alcoholic.
                        We'll definitely label all the glasses as to inclusion of sugar and/or alcohol!
                        (Any excuse for ames to play with sharpies hehehe...)

...and on that note, back to coursework with me. You have no idea how much I'd rather be playing on here with all y'all ... sigh ... 5 more weeks to go!
                        Last edited by ames; 08 April 2009, 06:00 AM.
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Mumsey whatever you have gotten will be much appreciated for the jello shots, as it saves every one else room when packing and traveling. I'm not one that likes doing jello shots however I have friends that have them at almost every party they have and this is what they look like when they have them;

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

What I have are little plastic 'glasses' that would hold 4 cls. (That's what it says on the label.) They are 2inches tall, the base is 1 inch and the top is 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Ideal, I would think, for the alcoholic shots

I will also bring the cups that you had last time, and some little jelly mould containers from some desserts we had that I saved. You'll have lots of options to choose from for the non-alcoholic tasters.

Mumsey
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                Mumsey whatever you have gotten will be much appreciated for the jello shots, as it saves every one else room when packing and traveling. I'm not one that likes doing jello shots however I have friends that have them at almost every party they have and this is what they look like when they have them;

Those look both interesting and potentially dangerous....

What I have are little plastic 'glasses' that would hold 4 cls. (That's what it says on the label.) They are 2inches tall, the base is 1 inch and the top is 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Ideal, I would think, for the alcoholic shots

I will also bring the cups that you had last time, and some little jelly mould containers from some desserts we had that I saved. You'll have lots of options to choose from for the non-alcoholic tasters.

Mumsey
                                Mumsey, have we told you lately how much you rock? *grin* Bc you very, very much do! *hugs*
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X