No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Neep for keeping me company...I should be in bed but forgot to put the clothes in the dryer and fold the ones up that were thrown over my bed. Another thing to look forward to when traveling in Oct/Nov...minimal washing and cooking!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, back to a place of sanity!

Almost at the end of my first non-Gabit con. I won't go into detail as it is not generally my nature to complain (if you can't say anything nice etc) but I will say it has given me even more appreciation for the wonderful event that is Gabit.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*pumps fist*

Do I hear a hella yeah!? Whoop whoop!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

...oh yeah baby!! This countdown is heading in the right direction that's for sure...the closer it gets to AT4, the closer it gets to Armageddon and more Amanda awesomeness!!!!

I finally got my wedding certificate today but will have to wait til next week to submit my passport application with Easter fast approaching!! But things are happening!! Yay!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              *pumps fist*

Do I hear a hella yeah!? Whoop whoop!
              Woohoo!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                ...oh yeah baby!! This countdown is heading in the right direction that's for sure...the closer it gets to AT4, the closer it gets to Armageddon and more Amanda awesomeness!!!!

I finally got my wedding certificate today but will have to wait til next week to submit my passport application with Easter fast approaching!! But things are happening!! Yay!!!
                Thanks for doing the countdown! I'll take over tommorw. (((((((hugs))))))))

Comment

...oh bugger! And I was having so much fun too!! Welcome home Mal!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well done on the count down.

I've been on a count down, or count 'up' as the case may be, of my own. I've been trying to get enough frequent flyer miles for a free ticket to AT4.

Good news is.........I made it. I get a free plane ticket to Europe!!!!

Bad news is.........My suitcase is worn out and my feet are sore. Guess that means I need to sit back with my feet up and search the web for new luggage. Which color do all y'all suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      Which color do all y'all suggest?
                      I'd go red...it'll stand out better...that or bright blue!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Whooo!

*jazz hands*
                        Heh...I do jazz hands every day at work. When we're tapped out to leave the table, we're supposed to clap and clear our hands (ie show them palm up for the cameras overhead to prove we're not pinching cheques). Anyways, I got bored of this procedure really fast and adopted the 'clap and jazz hands' routine which the other dealers and guests chuckle over.

Thanks Neep for keeping me company...I should be in bed but forgot to put the clothes in the dryer and fold the ones up that were thrown over my bed. Another thing to look forward to when traveling in Oct/Nov...minimal washing and cooking!!
                        Your not kidding there about the washing. I'll be taking the barest minimal of clothes as it's all got to fit in a pack on my back. Yay for one less thing to worry over!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Ahhhhhhh, back to a place of sanity!

Almost at the end of my first non-Gabit con. I won't go into detail as it is not generally my nature to complain (if you can't say anything nice etc) but I will say it has given me even more appreciation for the wonderful event that is Gabit.
                        Yeah, my first con was a Creation event. Even with nothing to compare it to at the time, I knew I wasnt happy with the experience.

I've been on a count down, or count 'up' as the case may be, of my own. I've been trying to get enough frequent flyer miles for a free ticket to AT4.

Bad news is.........My suitcase is worn out and my feet are sore. Guess that means I need to sit back with my feet up and search the web for new luggage. Which color do all y'all suggest?
                        Yay! Good for you! With the prices for flights, that's awesome news!

I have a black case. Yeah, in a sea of other black luggage I knew it would be hard to locate, but I'm big on things looking 'clean' and tying a small bit of fabric around the handle to distinguish it from all the others was my quick fix. Worked quite well too and I had minimal problems.

Welcome back Mal!

Comment

Oooh.... luggage!

I currently have a barbie pink set which I love madly. I can spot it a mile off and when I put a little geek tag on it, there's no mistaking it. I used to have black, but the amount of times it's been hauled off by other people. I've lost 3 lots of luggage that way (which I eventually got back a couple of days later, but it's a sucky start to a holiday).

Classic is nice. I currently want a nice, sleek, black flightbag type thing, but if it's hold luggage, it either needs to be distinctive or you need a bright, distinctive luggage strap.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

personally? i go for 'cheap' luggage...stuff you get at walmart of kmart at a really good price (like less than 100 dollars for 3-6 pieces)

the airlines will beat the crud out of it anyway, so why let them destroy a 300 dollar suitcase?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              personally? i go for 'cheap' luggage...stuff you get at walmart of kmart at a really good price (like less than 100 dollars for 3-6 pieces)

the airlines will beat the crud out of it anyway, so why let them destroy a 300 dollar suitcase?
                              Agreed. Mine met the criteria of being cheap and dark-colored so it wasnt hard to decide if I should buy it or not. I've used it like twice now, and it's stood up to the test thus far so I'm satisfied.

Comment

I'd go red...it'll stand out better...that or bright blue!
                                I vote red too!

I haven't got any luggage. I usually steal a bag from my dad when I go away for a long weekend, but it's been a while!

Something else I should be thinking about...
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X