No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I did thank you. My mum hates her name too and I think it's really nice!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

So you're sorted .Cool !
      *Sheepish grin* Mums usually hate their name,depending on who they were named for ! I'll pm you my real name..most folk like it,but I loathe it ! Come Friday though..it won't be a secret .
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

oooh, I'm *so* curious now! Please, do tell!

Comment

How can u not love that name?!? It's so elegant sounding! I was expecting something terrible like, I dunno, "Frodo" or "Florian Cloud De Bounevialle Armstrong" (AKA Dido!) or something! Poppy Montgomery (Sam on Without A Trace) has possibly the longest name I've ever heard: "Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue"

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
            oooh, I'm *so* curious now! Please, do tell!
            I did !
            How can u not love that name?!? It's so elegant sounding! I was expecting something terrible like, I dunno, "Frodo" or "Florian Cloud De Bounevialle Armstrong" (AKA Dido!) or something! Poppy Montgomery (Sam on Without A Trace) has possibly the longest name I've ever heard: "Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth Deveraux Donahue"
            *Hysterical laughter * Ok,so maybe my name isn't so bad after all ,compared to that list !
            (I'd forgotten Dido's real name.How could I forget..I've got her albums,and I'm playing Hunter right now on the compy ! )

Mind you...Frodo..Hmm !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Mind you...Frodo..Hmm !
              Yeah but Frodo's yummy for entirely different reasons! Elijah Wood = *thunk*!

Comment

Just wanted to say I hope everyone going to GABIT has a marvelous time! I lurk in here sometimes because Kliggs has occasionally mentioned she is going, and the enthusiasm in this thread is just infectious! Safe trips everyone!

Comment

Thanks Sesh! Wish you were coming too!

Comment

Elijah's cute,but a wee bit young for me (I'm 41),but Thunk away ! Wonder if Hubby would consider a deed poll or something though.I can see him as an "Elijah",or a "Jack" or maybe even "Zelenka" ! (J/K..he'd never do it !)

Hubs is Colin,and he's coming to Gabit too,as he's a big fan of Amanda and her work,on /off SG as well...and I don't have a credit card, lol ! (I stick to chqs and my debit card )

Originally posted by Seshat
                    Just wanted to say I hope everyone going to GABIT has a marvelous time! I lurk in here sometimes because Kliggs has occasionally mentioned she is going, and the enthusiasm in this thread is just infectious! Safe trips everyone!
                    (((((((((Seshat))))))))) Thanks ! Wish you could come too ! We'll no doubt be reporting all the Con news asap..if we can curb our hyperactive impulses enough to post sanely....
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 October 2005, 02:38 PM.

Comment

oooh, my grandad was called Colin and he was Scottish and, of course, you can't forget Colin Cunningham (such a sweetie BTW!). I like that name. My friend also called her siamese cat Colin before I told her what my grandad was called - we had a good laugh about it! (mind you, her other cat is called Barnaby, she seems to like people names for her cats, mine are called 'Tiger' & 'Whitesox' and my mum's budgies are 'Sam' and 'Jack' coz one's yellow and the other's salt 'n' pepper with streaks of blue!) ... I think I'm going a bit loopy and OT, I'm kinda tired and I've started babbling. Oh well tomorrow I need to pack! I should go to bed! I also need to buy an orange top for the disco for Saturday night!

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                        *LOL* I was taken to see those two in panto back in the early 70s!

Emu was the scourge of TV presenters everywhere wasn't he? Definitely something a bit weird about the whole set up though, what with the persistant going for unwary kneecaps

*SQUEE*
                        **SQUEEE**
                        ***SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE**
                        This time next week we'll be whooping it up after a long n busy day
                        *OW!*
                        **OWWW!**
                        ***OWWWWWW!***

Covers ears in case there is a louder, longer squeeeeee coming from Rune.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                          Occasionally? Practically every time we talk!!! (((Seshat)))
                          sigpic

Comment

oooh, my grandad was called Colin and he was Scottish and, of course, you can't forget Colin Cunningham (such a sweetie BTW!). I like that name. My friend also called her siamese cat Colin before I told her what my grandad was called - we had a good laugh about it! (mind you, her other cat is called Barnaby, she seems to like people names for her cats, mine are called 'Tiger' & 'Whitesox' and my mum's budgies are 'Sam' and 'Jack' coz one's yellow and the other's salt 'n' pepper with streaks of blue!) ... I think I'm going a bit loopy and OT, I'm kinda tired and I've started babbling. Oh well tomorrow I need to pack! I should go to bed! I also need to buy an orange top for the disco for Saturday night!
                            LOL ! So the budgies are Sam and Jack..very apt with those colourings !
                            (Well,Jack does wear blue from time to time. )
                            I dare you tell Amanda that anecdote,if you get the chance at the photo session !
                            Good luck with your hol/packing and see you Friday.
                            Hubby sends best wishes too...he's quite chuffed that you like his name,and to share the same forename as CC !

Also happy hunting for that orange top .
                            The shops are all full of Autumnal colours now in my area,so it's been hard to find brighter shades,especially in large .*cough*

Comment

I know Amber; I can't understand why Baggie does not like her name either. I think it is beautiful.

OK thanku and I'll look forward to meeting you guys next Saturday!

Also, is the disco on Friday night something that's only for the cocktail party attendees or can everyone come?
                              Sorry about dinner Krystle, but see you afterwards and hopefully before during the day.
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 22 October 2005, 03:07 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

You may think the name's beautiful...but I wonder if I can put it up for auction ? No ? Drat !

*Runs away humming "Rune Rabbit Rune"..*

Comment

Working...
                                X