GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    Actually dial up vs bradband would matter. If two people, one with each type, made the request at the exact same moment, the request from the broadband user would get out into the internet 'cloud' faster. I work with computers and websites for a living so I do know what I am talking about.
    Sorry, I mean 'after' you'd sent the original request, the speed of connection wouldn't matter. My fault for not being specific enough.

Alison

Comment

Actually dial up vs bradband would matter. If two people, one with each type, made the request at the exact same moment, the request from the broadband user would get out into the internet 'cloud' faster. I work with computers and websites for a living so I do know what I am talking about.
      That's what I thought, but I didn't want to put in my two cents worth because I was basing it on the fact that someone had just told me that it worked like that....
      And that makes it that much more odd that I got a ticket. Honestly that is why, among other reasons, that I was making plans to do something else while the cocktail party was going on...

There's still a theoretical window that you could get the two you need to go... *fingers crossed*
      sigpic
      awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

This is really been bugging me, so I have to ask.
        I estimate that I was through the second screen for registration within 2-3 minutes of it opening (probably closer to 2, unless I am way off, but I did watch the clock), yet I wasn't offered cocktail tickets.
        Do we know how fast they sold out? It had to have been 90 seconds or less (one second per ticket).

I wasn't watching the clock at first...not until I had been sitting waiting to pay...but I didn't realise that an email had been sent to confirm the ticket registration...so while I was pulling my hair out fretting about not getting it all done quickly...I'm assuming that there's a queue based on the time it took to get through that first stage...the payment details being sorted out later.
        But I really have no idea how it works...I am extremely grateful however to have received the pass...one which I now have mixed feelings about. I just wish everyone who wanted to go could go. Don't get me wrong...I'm over the moon and ecstatic about the ticket and the whole trip, I just really really feel for those who missed out.
        BUT...having said that...you guys are gonna have so much fun being together...so much so that I'm kinda bummed I can't be in two places at the same time.
        With regard to the broadband/dial up thing...broadband is definitely faster...you really notice it when you use up your download limit and they put you onto dial up...have since increased limit!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

297 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Attendees:

RepliCartertje
            Gater88 (Amb)
            LeeFraser (Alison)
            Fuchsia
            Tracy Jane
            Tittamiire
            ames
            tsaxlady
            ShimmeringStar
            SamJackShipLover (Annelies)
            Flow
            Donamac
            Chelle
            EH-T
            Neep
            Antoa
            babancat
            HiSG1Fans
            ~Sarah~
            bikerchic1977
            Sofie
            Sofie's mom
            ChopinGal
            mal

Cocktail party attendees:

RepliCartertje
            Gater88 (Amb)
            LeeFraser (Alison)
            tsaxlady
            ShimmeringStar
            Flow
            Chelle
            EH-T
            babancat
            HiSG1Fans
            ~Sarah~
            bikerchic1977
            Sofie
            Sofie's mom
            ChopinGal

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I am extremely grateful however to have received the pass...one which I now have mixed feelings about. I just wish everyone who wanted to go could go. Don't get me wrong...I'm over the moon and ecstatic about the ticket and the whole trip, I just really really feel for those who missed out.
              BUT...having said that...you guys are gonna have so much fun being together...so much so that I'm kinda bummed I can't be in two places at the same time.
              Quoted just because I totally feel the same!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Quoted just because I totally feel the same!
                Me too

This is so exciting!!!! AT4 and it is snowing in South Carolina today!!!! WOOOHOOOO!

Comment

It's all an evil plot I say. j/k I know the G4 are doing their very bestest with everything and its just luck of the draw on who gets the charmed tickets or not.

Congrats to everyone who did and for those who didnt....we'll do our own wild planning for that night.

Yay for your snow too! We're getting slammed again with lake effect. Left my friends place last night around midnight and there was just the faintest light snow falling. This morning though it looks like I'm inside a snow globe lol.

Comment

I live in Wisconsin believe me the snow is only interesting the first time. I want Spring...... I keep thinking to the warm beaches of the British Virgins Islands. Palm trees, fruity drinks with umbrellas , azure seas Whoa... got to stop thinking about this. Spring is months and months away for me let alone summer.

Think about AT4, yes happy, warm thoughts. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again. You guys were the best. I was on my own and you all were so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                      I guess I won't be at your table this year as I guess I didn't get a ticket. BooHoo But I did get to sit next to Amanda last time so I shouldn't complain. I will still enjoy being with all my GW friends for a great weekend of Stargate talk.)

And I am happy for all the folks who will be attending as it was a wonderful time--as GABIT is so GOOD at what they do!!!

donamac (I am looking so forward to seeing you all again!!!)
                      Sorry to hear you didn't get a cocktail party ticket but luckily there will be lots of chances to get together. Looking forward to it! Also, don't count yourself out quite yet, lots can happen between now and then.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Uncross those digits EH-T...no need to cramp up...good news is I got me a cocktail party ticket also...certainly made this crappy day a whole lot better!!
                      I've been away for a couple of days because of the craziness that is work. Glad to hear I can finally uncross those digits, it was making walking a bit tough. Glad to hear you got your cocktail ticket hon! About time for some good news.

Thanks for adding my name to the various lists (I believe it was you).

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      Wow! Count me in ... for both events! Would love to sit at a Samanda table if possible - EH-T and Chelle and Shimmering Star, tsax, Amb, SJShipLover, RepliCarterje - consider me a "free agent"! It will be a delight to share any of your spaces. Nine months is a long time ... so i can be flexible around party groupings. I promise to bring a smile and some USA treats for the Samanda-sharing table too.
                      Glad to hear that especially given your tough year.

Not sure how the seating works but, to be honest, I've advised the G4 they can stick me anywhere (rderoch and Mandy, I know that is an opening but don't go there). Not that I don't love you all but I don't want to make things complicated for them. Also, some may be a bit more shy than others so if there is a Samanda table it would be best for them to be there and be comfortable. I'm fine with a table of strangers. That's what I had last year and met some wonderful people. I'm not the least bit shy (ask the poor guy I invited myself to have breakfast with last year) so I'm comfortable anywhere. Besides, lots of opportunities to get together throughout the weekend.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Not sure how the seating works but, to be honest, I've advised the G4 they can stick me anywhere (rderoch and Mandy, I know that is an opening but don't go there). Not that I don't love you all but I don't want to make things complicated for them. Also, some may be a bit more shy than others so if there is a Samanda table it would be best for them to be there and be comfortable. I'm fine with a table of strangers. That's what I had last year and met some wonderful people. I'm not the least bit shy (ask the poor guy I invited myself to have breakfast with last year) so I'm comfortable anywhere. Besides, lots of opportunities to get together throughout the weekend.
                        You're safe from me. I won't be at AT4.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Me too....I guess we'll have to cause trouble on this side of the pond
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            This is so exciting!!!! AT4 and it is snowing in South Carolina today!!!! WOOOHOOOO!
                            Snow!!! Send some my way...we're melting here!!!
                            Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                            I live in Wisconsin believe me the snow is only interesting the first time. I want Spring...... I keep thinking to the warm beaches of the British Virgins Islands. Palm trees, fruity drinks with umbrellas , azure seas Whoa... got to stop thinking about this. Spring is months and months away for me let alone summer.
                            Think about AT4, yes happy, warm thoughts. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone again. You guys were the best. I was on my own and you all were so nice.
                            I'm not one for the tropics...humidity and heat and sticky nights...forget about it!!
                            I can't wait for winter...good thing about AT4 being in November is that I'll leave Melbourne in the spring and head into much cooler weather...bad thing is by the time I get home it'll probably be warming up again...I'm dreaming of staying in Europe til summer ends here and then head home for autumn and winter...but hubby and the kids are already none too pleased about me being away for 4 weeks.
                            Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            I've been away for a couple of days because of the craziness that is work. Glad to hear I can finally uncross those digits, it was making walking a bit tough. Glad to hear you got your cocktail ticket hon! About time for some good news.
                            Thanks for adding my name to the various lists (I believe it was you).
                            ...yes it was...and you're very welcome!!

If I could, I'd sit with everyone...I'll probably do what I did at the work Christmas party and wander around to various tables...if I get enough red wine into me that is to say!
                            There are so many people I would love to sit with...why must the tables be so small...couldn't we just have one huge table??? That was a rhetorical question btw...I already know the answer!
                            Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Me too....I guess we'll have to cause trouble on this side of the pond
                            ...must you both remind me of who I'll be missing??

I got my leave approved...7 weeks of annual leave...almost all accrued at this stage. See!!!...I've been saving!!! Now if only I can be as good with my money as I am with my holiday time!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

296 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey guys

Just adding mine and my carers names to the lists *wishes Bev's smiley guy was here* lol YAY! *hugs the G4*

Attendees:

RepliCartertje
                                Gater88 (Amb)
                                LeeFraser (Alison)
                                Fuchsia
                                Tracy Jane
                                Tittamiire
                                ames
                                tsaxlady
                                ShimmeringStar
                                Flow
                                Donamac
                                Chelle
                                EH-T
                                Neep
                                Antoa
                                babancat
                                HiSG1Fans
                                ~Sarah~
                                bikerchic1977
                                Sofie
                                Sofie's mom
                                ChopinGal
                                mal
                                samcarterrules (Julia)
                                Donna and Doris (Julia's carers)

Cocktail party attendees:

RepliCartertje
                                Gater88 (Amb)
                                LeeFraser (Alison)
                                tsaxlady
                                ShimmeringStar
                                Flow
                                Chelle
                                EH-T
                                babancat
                                HiSG1Fans
                                ~Sarah~
                                bikerchic1977
                                Sofie
                                Sofie's mom
                                ChopinGal
                                samcarterrules (Julia)

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X