No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so anxious to find out who else got their wish for a charmed pass I keep interrupting my work to check here. Can't imagine how tough it is on you all who are waiting for confirmation. Hugs all 'round.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well Amb and I have charmed passes!! I didn't hope for it to be honest but I am happy I have them.

so is it time for a list?? of who goes, who has charms and stuff??

Comment

Eve, shall we wait till G4 confirms they are done with sending e-mails? I'm talking with a LOT of very nervous people right now ...
        sigpic

Comment

I agree - let's just chill until the G4 confirms that everyone who is going to be contacted re: cocktail tickets has been That way those who got it can break out the champagne without worrying about those who are still in the balance, and those who didn't can start planning the pub parties and whatnot, eh?
          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
          ames on facebook
          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Do you think we'll get a general message when they're done with all the emails, just to let those of us who are still wondering know that we can stop thinking about it?
            sigpic

Comment

No matter who gets a charmed pass, I think it's better not to flaunt that fact too much. Many people, like has already been said, are really counting and hoping of getting one. Its like rubbing salt in a wound.

I'm edging toward not going if I do get an offer from the G4 so at least they'll have one more ticket to throw into the mix. It really doesnt matter that much to me. I'm going for some fun and my fun definitely wont rotate around a charmed ticket. Actually, I'm still not even sure AT4 will beat out the fun of the backpacking I plan on doing beforehand.

Comment

I didn't want to rub it in people's faces, I just was wondering who got them and to make it more clear I wondered if we should start a list...
                I just replied to Eh-t's post but gah nvm...

Comment

Cel, that's really sweet of you to consider!

I agree the lucky ones who got a charmed pass shouldn't flaunt it too much right now. But once everyone knows yes or no and has had time to deal with it, we can celebrate on the thread right?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    I agree the lucky ones who got a charmed pass shouldn't flaunt it too much right now. But once everyone knows yes or no and has had time to deal with it, we can celebrate on the thread right?
                    The other thing is, it's a bit like the weekend tickets, there'll be a waiting list, because circumstances change, don't they? I've got the charmed pass, and am thrilled, but actually don't know at this stage that I'll definitely be able to attend - I know I'll be OK to go for the weekend, but work circumstances might mean I won't be able to get there until late on the Friday evening. I won't know about that for months. So, that's one pass that might be available at a later date for someone else (tho' for my sake I hope not!) and I'm sure that will not be the only one.

Other thing is, I was at AT3 and didn't go to the cocktail party (that time, because I hadn't got a ticket!) and while I would have loved to have been there, it didn't make my weekend any less precious, and the people who did go to the cocktail party didn't make me feel like some sort of second class citizen. In fact, it was fun watching everyone else all dressed up go into the party room, then go off somewhere else (the pub, in my case) to get to know other people.

So, even if you don't get a charmed pass in the next week or so, don't give up hope, but if you don't get one at all, it's hardly going to ruin the weekend, it will just make it a different experience.

Alison

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      I didn't want to rub it in people's faces, I just was wondering who got them and to make it more clear I wondered if we should start a list...
                      I just replied to Eh-t's post but gah nvm...
                      Eve, I'm not saying anything to you personally. You know your one of my bf dont you? *huggles* It was mostly a general and very personal comment. I saw the many disappointed people in here after the original tickets sold out and the fact that they missed out on something they wanted so much. I guess I'm just being overly commiserating here. I know the feeling of disappointment very well. It's not a good friend at all and many deal with life's up's and down's differently. I dont want anyone's feelings being hurt.

After the hubbub dies down, I think it's perfectly fine to make your lists though if thats what your inclined to do.

Comment

We've worked as fast as we can and all cocktail party ticket notifications have, as of this minute, now gone out.

If you have an email from Reg saying you have been offered a cocktail party ticket and have been given notification to pay, then you have a Charmed pass.

Everyone else who ticked the box for a cocktail party ticket will stay on that specific waiting list should anyone drop out or not pay.

Julia
                        G4
                        Last edited by JuliaR; 18 January 2009, 10:02 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                          We've worked as fast as we can and all cocktail party ticket notifications have, as of this minute, now gone out.

If you have an email from Reg saying you have been offered a cocktail party ticket and have been given notification to pay, then you have a Charmed pass.

Everyone else who ticked the box for a cocktail party ticket will stay on that specific waiting list should anyone drop out or not pay.

Julia
                          G4
                          more reassurance from Julia"R"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            more reassurance from Julia"R"
                            She's good at it aint she? *g*
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

so, we can start two lists

Weekend attendees
                              Charmed pass holders

And yeah, for those that don't get any, hey folks, remember,t here's a waiting list and it's a long 10 months. Stuff happens, people can't pay, things happen.

so don't despair

and those that dont get any, you guys can plan something else amongst yourselves.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, Fuchsia and I are going on Weekend passes.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X