GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((cel))
    It will all work out *has faith* - but I agree, this time zone/world revolving on a 'day' schedule thingy can kinda be frustrating at times, esp if you work/are conscious at 'odd' hours!
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      ((cel))
      It will all work out *has faith* - but I agree, this time zone/world revolving on a 'day' schedule thingy can kinda be frustrating at times, esp if you work/are conscious at 'odd' hours!
      Called my bank this morning. Apparently payment went through on my end as my account shows a debit of X amount of dollars. Sent out an email to Mumsey to hopefully help sort through this snafu.

But yeah, I got a bit excited about paying last night when I got in from work. I kinda just wanted this whole ordeal to be over with already so tried making a payment even though I knew the time was after midnight and I had no way of contacting my bank at that hour.

ETA: All seems to be fine. Mumsey emailed me back promptly which I'm very grateful for. Seems my using a PO Box instead of a street address alerted their fraud shield they have set up. Confirmation for my tickies should be forthcoming. Yay! Thanks again to the G4 and in particular, Mumsey, for being so meticulous about everything and setting my worries at ease this time.
      Last edited by Celandine; 09 January 2009, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
        ROFL, way more patient than some of the attendee-wannabees.
        *sitting patiently looking around*
        Lol, this is really hard with my ADD.....

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Called my bank this morning. Apparently payment went through on my end as my account shows a debit of X amount of dollars. Sent out an email to Mumsey to hopefully help sort through this snafu.

But yeah, I got a bit excited about paying last night when I got in from work. I kinda just wanted this whole ordeal to be over with already so tried making a payment even though I knew the time was after midnight and I had no way of contacting my bank at that hour.
        I did the same thing on Wednesday right before I was supposed to leave for work... I really do have to thank the nice lady at the credit card company because she sat on the phone with me and made sure that the "Fraud" alert wouldn't go on and that I wouldn't have any other problems....
        Glad to hear that everything went well
        sigpic
        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Just another note of reassurance.

We contacted the hotel this morning about some attendees finding that when they booked they were getting quoted the price plus VAT instead of the rate including VAT which had been agreed. A small flurry of emails has been going back and forth between my mail box and the hotel today, and they have been working to sort it out as a matter of priority. It should now be fixed or at least be close to being fixed.

People have also been asking us when they get the code.

The code for booking at the special rate we negotiated is given to you when you get the confirmation email from Kay. She is working hard to send these out as soon as payments are completed, but be patient because she has a lot to send out and she has to ensure everything is finalised before she dispatches an email.

Julia
          G4
          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Appreciate all the reassurances Julia. Is that what the "R" stands for in JuliaR?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Appreciate all the reassurances Julia. Is that what the "R" stands for in JuliaR?
              LOL! Nope. It stands for Reynolds. It's my surname pseudonym for fanfic writing - had it ever since the days of writing Star Trek Next Gen, then Sliders fic, and ending with Stargate fic several years ago. Sadly, I've stopped writing fic now - no time with other writing projects and GABIT but fond memories since 1995

Still, "Julia Reassurance" has a ring to it.

Julia
              G4

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

We contacted the hotel this morning about some attendees finding that when they booked they were getting quoted the price plus VAT instead of the rate including VAT which had been agreed. A small flurry of emails has been going back and forth between my mail box and the hotel today, and they have been working to sort it out as a matter of priority. It should now be fixed or at least be close to being fixed.

Julia
                G4
                Thanks Julia I was just about to email the 'ask the G4' address to say that had happened when I booked last night, but I spoke with a supervisor this morning and they assured me that when I come to pay the amount will be right.
                LOL! Nope. It stands for Reynolds. It's my surname pseudonym for fanfic writing - had it ever since the days of writing Star Trek Next Gen, then Sliders fic, and ending with Stargate fic several years ago. Sadly, I've stopped writing fic now - no time with other writing projects and GABIT but fond memories since 1995

Julia
                G4
                Yep, perfect!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Julia
                  G4
                  Do you have your fics archived somewhere?
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

People have also been asking us when they get the code.

The code for booking at the special rate we negotiated is given to you when you get the confirmation email from Kay. She is working hard to send these out as soon as payments are completed, but be patient because she has a lot to send out and she has to ensure everything is finalised before she dispatches an email.

Julia
                    G4
                    Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    Thanks Julia I was just about to email the 'ask the G4' address to say that had happened when I booked last night, but I spoke with a supervisor this morning and they assured me that when I come to pay the amount will be right.
                    Yep, perfect!
                    Julia(samcarterrules)
                    The same happened last year when I booked a room. The price showed up on my Marriott rewards site plus VAT. I figured I could sort it out at registration which I did. Actually, the hotel had already sorted it out.
                    It was never a problem.

Although I heard some unlucky Gabiteers had "the girl" when they checked in or out.

Comment

307 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        Do you have your fics archived somewhere?
                        My Stargate fanfic including one novel "Intrusion" is on the fanfic section of Amanda Tapping.com because my fics tended to be team based but Sam-centric. I am listed under both my real name and Reynolds.

My Sliders fic is on my Sliders website "Worlds of the Imagination" - http://www.wrenlea.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/stories2.htm
                        (I haven't been there in years, so when I went to check the URL for you I noticed my email addy on there is old and non functioning. Gee, I sure was prolific in those days!)

Startrek Next Gen stuff is not archived. Too old.

Julia
                        G4

Comment

Hi guys. Just a quick jump in. I was wondering if there was anyone who needed a roomie?
                          I was kinda hoping to stay from the Thursday through to the Monday or Tuesday depending on what's happening with a planned or rather an as yet unplanned bit of sightseeing of London. I'm just having trouble getting in at the moment so could you leave a PM or email me if there is anyone interested in rooming with me. Thank you!
                          Oh...and I can pay any deposits or what not if need be. Just let me know asap as I would like to get this one out of the way! Thank you!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

PM sent your way Chelle.

And I have a suggestion. It seems that there is many who would like to do some type of sightseeing around before or after the convention. When I went to Gatecon last year, we made plans within the thread of those that would like to go Whale Watching, climbing the Grouse Grind or whatever and the day/date. If you were interested, you would just put your name on the list for that excursion. Made it all the more fun as more and more people were added and when we finally made it to Vancouver and went on the little side trips together, we all had a wonderful time.

Maybe we could do something like that here as well? Not sure as London is quite larger and the sites might be more widespread. Something to think about at least.

Comment

Alright, I'm a little confused. When do I actually pay for the hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                                Alright, I'm a little confused. When do I actually pay for the hotel?
                                When you check out.

Comment

Working...
                                X