No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Su and I are (reasonably) confident we got tickets. We were one of those folks however that paid for one ticket and not two but Becky did email back which we're very grateful for. But we do have our confirmation number and payment went through successfully. We just haven't received our confirmation email. So it's not like it's panic stations, we just want the comfy cushion of reassurance. Congratulations to all those who got theirs!!
    sigpic

Comment

We (Ames, Cel and I) are in the same boat as Pengyn....so I'm avoiding all fretting and waiting and seeing.

Whee to everyone who got tickets and commiserations to everyone who missed out.
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

For any that don't get tickets, you're invited to the Samanda Convention, the same weekend...and there will be plenty of tickets to go around

Not to mention flexible times and 'come as you are' attire
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
          We (Ames, Cel and I) are in the same boat as Pengyn....so I'm avoiding all fretting and waiting and seeing.

Whee to everyone who got tickets and commiserations to everyone who missed out.
          Ditto! *hugs everyone*

I think I got mine, well I got the 2 e-mails anyway.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I seem to also be in the same boat; no email confirmation. I just checked with my credit card folks and the card was billed so I just need to be patient and let the G4 folks catch up.
            I

Comment

I know that this is a little premature, but when should we book hotel rooms? I was just trying to get a time frame in my head.... just because I do want to stay at the Ren, so I was just wondering abouts when everyone booked rooms last year?
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                My friend Su and I are (reasonably) confident we got tickets. We were one of those folks however that paid for one ticket and not two but Becky did email back which we're very grateful for. But we do have our confirmation number and payment went through successfully. We just haven't received our confirmation email. So it's not like it's panic stations, we just want the comfy cushion of reassurance. Congratulations to all those who got theirs!!
                Yeah same here, have a confirmation e-mail, I only just paid for one of us and not both, got a mail saying that they'll sort out stuff and see how i can pay for the other tickets... so I am assuming I got both the tickets...

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                I know that this is a little premature, but when should we book hotel rooms? I was just trying to get a time frame in my head.... just because I do want to stay at the Ren, so I was just wondering abouts when everyone booked rooms last year?
                I would say wait till you have the code for AT4 and then order... but you can wait a bit longer too... it all depends on yourself to be honest.

Comment

Information about the hotel code will emailed to you by Kay. But she has to sort out the Registration emails and the cocktail party allocations in the next ten days so I wouldn't expect until after that. Everyone will get the code at the same time so don't worry.

Julia
                  G4
                  To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

From what I recall from last year, you should wait to book. When you get your confirmation e-mail, you'll get a code for booking the rooms (at the con price).

ETA: Oooh I see Julia beat me....something I think she enjoys way too much
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post

ETA: Oooh I see Julia beat me....something I think she enjoys way too much

Comment

Thank you very much, that's what I needed to know, I just wanted to make sure that they don't go as fast as the actual con tickets went.... just as long as there is theoretical time... The last three cons that I've been to, someone else has booked the room, so I didn't even have to worry about anything but paying my portion.... This time I want to be able to book the room, but will totally be up for any potential roomates.... still there is much time to figure that all out.... *appologizing for the rambling*

Seriously to the G4, thank you for everything you're doing for us.... this is way too cool!
                        Best wishes for getting everything else sorted out and set...

*bouncing around room* Really, I will calm down....
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
                          thanks becky! i did phone you... i was kinda in a panic and i kinda slipped into "i must get this sorted now" mode!
                          Thanks!
                          Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          We won't know who got the charmed passes until Becky sorts it out. It could take a week or more.
                          Kay will be doing that as I will be throwing myself off a mountain come Tuesday and no one go jinxing me again....

Originally posted by LeeFraser View Post
                          I got two emails, one confirming ticket purchase, one confirming card payment. As long as you've got one or the other, I'd think you're OK, just give the G4 some time to sort through it all - if they've sold 270 tickets in 45 minutes, they've a lot of emails to check through!!

Alison
                          If you managed to pay for one of the tickets chances are huge you have been allocated the others on that booking. Only being asked for payment for one was a program Calculation error. Sorry... we will let those people know how to pay for the rest of the order.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I have a mental image of a room with printouts scattered in piles across the floor or a large table as they sort things out.
                          Mumsey doesn't do scattered piles, she has files right from the outset along with a tea IV.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          That's pretty impressive isn't it...all sold out that quickly...I rarely hear of events selling out that quick! You gotta love the power of Amanda!!
                          Indeed, we were flaberghasted by the number of people who entered the system as soon as it opened. I am sorry for those who will not end up wth tickets but demand did far outstrip our capacity.

When you get the actualy hand sent confirmation from kay it will have the room booking code. There appear to still be a couple of issues with how they QUOTE the rate to you on the phone and then what thier auto confirmations say but we have not been able to resolve that technical issue at this point. however I have been repeatedly reassured that when you actually check in the rates will be charged correctly. If there are any issues about this at the event you should tell a member of staff who will get the event manager on the case.

I have now answered every single e-mail query we had on reg and asktheG4. Some of you have outstanding issues which I cannot help you with until the server spits out your confirmations. [see black cloud over head...] We did get the limit upped but it got screwed up at thier end and we are just waiting for them to release the flood of over 400 messages it has queued. That should fix the peeps who have not had thier confirmations of registration yet.

Please note however, that the confirmation of registration is a confirmation of the request for tickets and not a confirmation that they are available or have been allocated to you.

Sorry for the confusion.
                          I am off to clear my inbox again...

Becks

Comment

Becks, please don't jump off a mountain!!

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Please note however, that the confirmation of registration is a confirmation of the request for tickets and not a confirmation that they are available or have been allocated to you.

Sorry for the confusion.
                            I am off to clear my inbox again...

Becks
                            This now has me worried. If confirmation is not really confirmation, than how do you know you have a ticket?? My confirmation sure looks like a real confirmation.

And random question: the ordernumbers ... are they random or do they mean anything?
                            sigpic

Comment

*breathes...slowly...but breathes*

And no mountain-jumping-off-of....or...something like that. If I can't, you can't.
                              Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Becks, please don't jump off a mountain!!

This now has me worried. If confirmation is not really confirmation, than how do you know you have a ticket?? My confirmation sure looks like a real confirmation.

And random question: the ordernumbers ... are they random or do they mean anything?
                                Don't jinx Becks!!! Don't tell her not to do anything. I did last year and then she went and did it. Grrr...

I can answer one part of your question but not the other.

The order numbers are random and don't mean anything.

The confirmation emails query I can't answer. Hopefully Becks will pop back in later.

Julia
                                G4

Comment

Working...
                                X