No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time next year, I shall be sitting in the UK with the best bunch of people and hopefully be squeeing or laughing or doing something that makes my cheeks hurt from smiling too much...this is awesomely fantastic!! I'm not sure whether I should be deliriously happy or scared out of my brain!!! Either way...it's good!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
      Oh yay that's awesome
      I would like to pay by money transfer just like previous years, cause we don't have a credit card. Do you want me to send a mail, or is it okay to just post it here?
      Sophie, please contact Kay at [email protected] and arrange with her. You still need to register along with everyone else when reg opens to secure your ticket.

Take care,

Julia
      G4
      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Sophie, please contact Kay at [email protected] and arrange with her. You still need to register along with everyone else when reg opens to secure your ticket.
        Take care,
        Julia
        G4
        Maybe that's what I should do...given my banks history with rejecting payments to overseas accounts...think maybe I'll first try contacting them to see what can be done! At least there are options!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
          Oh yay that's awesome
          I would like to pay by money transfer just like previous years, cause we don't have a credit card. Do you want me to send a mail, or is it okay to just post it here?
          let's not post anything potentially private here please

Let's keep financial stuff to private e-mail. We don't want any nastiness to mess up with anyone's personal data.

and, just pre-cautionary, because people are doing it already, if you have any important questions, ask Julia, Becky or Mumsy directly. Fans may answer to the best of their ability, but the only 'right' answers come from the G4.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Take care,

Julia
            G4
            Okay, thanks Julia!!

Comment

Yay on the ticket info going up! One less thing to think about now lol. The pics of the refurbed Ren look awesome too. Very classy.

For those who might need a bit of a conversion calculator to figure pounds to your own money, this one works great.

Universal Currency Converter

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                Will check with tech guru as to when exactly the tickets gets "taken off the available database" But I think you don't "get in the queue" until you finally hit the submit button as otherwise we would have too many false applications. I will check and get back to you.

Having all the information in a word or other document ready to cut and paste will save you time also.
                Best Wishes
                Becks

Only if you are not a Luddite!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

For those of you who will want to pay by any other method than a Debit or Credit card, you will be given that option as part of the registration. You will choose your payment method and then will either be sent to the card payment facility or you will receive a notification that your ticket application has been received and will be held (in the order of your application so that you will be in line for a charmed pass if you are one of the early folk) for you until payment is received by us.

Our bank details (for direct payments) will be sent to you when we receive your application.

Hope this answers that question.

Kay G4
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                    Having all the information in a word or other document ready to cut and paste will save you time also.

Best Wishes
                    Becks
                    Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Only if you are not a Luddite!
                    Speaking of which: what is this "cut and paste" Becky mentioned.

Just kidding, here are some tech-tips for all the Luddites out there.
                    http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/...user/#more-553

Comment

This might be a strange question, but for the address, is it one big box to put the entire address in, or is it line by line? The former would be easier to cut and paste, especially with foreign addresses. I have to register for a kiwi and her address is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                        This might be a strange question, but for the address, is it one big box to put the entire address in, or is it line by line? The former would be easier to cut and paste, especially with foreign addresses. I have to register for a kiwi and her address is weird.
                        Good question. Addresses are different here too than in the UK.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just popping in to say that the FAQ for AT4 is on the GABIT website as of tonight, giving details of the ticket prices, how to get tickets etc. Also new pictures of the Renaissance and its newly refurbished lobby for you all to see.

Julia
                          G4
                          YAY! Thanks Julia

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                              Just her address?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                I do like the system of purchasing tickets though. Of course it takes a while to find out if you got a charmed pass, but at least there's no stress with the payment etc.
                                If you're paying by credit card from another country, I suggest you let your credit card company know in advance. Mine assumed my card had been stolen since it was a big ticket item for something unlike anything I had purchased before.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X