GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone do the countdown tommorw for me please? I'm staying behind after work tommorw for a training session, and will most likly be to tired when i get home to log on here. (((hugs)))

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Ewwww .... I'm a vegetarian for a reason ... I never stop thinking about what something was before.
      I'm serioulsy thinking of going vegetarian for the trip next year...after seeing a friend suffer from a wonky tummy after eating out today, I would hate to be like that when away from home...yep...gonna play it safe!!
      Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
      Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!
      I just noticed that my ticker thingy says 12 months and 1 week!!!!
      Yay!! It's getting closer!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Mine on my itouch says 1yr 10 days...hmm.

Oh, its exactly 2 months now til tickets go on sale, at least in my neck of the woods. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Oh, its exactly 2 months now til tickets go on sale, at least in my neck of the woods. Yay!
          Well...that is scary...holy moses...I better get my head sorted before than...that's really really close!! Cool...I think??
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well...that is scary...holy moses...I better get my head sorted before than...that's really really close!! Cool...I think??
            It's definitely cool! Just think, in 60 short days....

Comment

you're probably gonna get the wonky tummy whether you eat vegetarian or not...it's the water.

the water in the UK is as safe as any other 'civilized' country, but teh microbes and bugs in it are just something your tummy isn't used to...and the brits that come to the states havve the same issue

try to stick to bottled water as much as possible and it helps.

the first time i went over there i picked up a wonky tummy and it took me weeks to get rid of it once i got home. this last time i kept my tap water consumption to a minimum and i did better
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                you're probably gonna get the wonky tummy whether you eat vegetarian or not...it's the water.

the water in the UK is as safe as any other 'civilized' country, but teh microbes and bugs in it are just something your tummy isn't used to...and the brits that come to the states havve the same issue

try to stick to bottled water as much as possible and it helps.

the first time i went over there i picked up a wonky tummy and it took me weeks to get rid of it once i got home. this last time i kept my tap water consumption to a minimum and i did better
                My problem going overseas in May wasnt the food nor the water. It was simply a new set of viruses that I had yet to come in contact with until then. I hardly ever get sick and before May, I hadn't even had the flu or even a simple cold for over two years. When I came back though, I had a nasty cold that lasted for over a week and which I couldnt shake quickly enough for my satisfaction.

But yeah, I drank mostly bottled drinks when over in London...well, except for the occasional draft beer at the pubs.

Comment

It's definitely cool! Just think, in 60 short days....
                  Hehe *is excited and nervous all at the same time*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Got my ticket money all ready to go. *bounces*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    Definitely had to do that in Mexico. Yipes. I was alright in the UK, thankfully.

When I came back though, I had a nasty cold that lasted for over a week and which I couldnt shake quickly enough for my satisfaction.
                    ME TOO! Odd, isn't it? I had a nasty cold right after as well.
                    Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                      ME TOO! Odd, isn't it? I had a nasty cold right after as well.
                      Not an ordinary cold - Con Crud! It happens regularly when people come from all over the world and spend a weekend in close proximity. It only takes one person with an upper respiratory problem of some kind to spread the joy and then it takes hold, usually when you go home. At a con, you usually don't eat properly, or sleep properly and it all goes toward lowering your resistance. Add to that, a 'foreign' bug that your system has no anti-bodies to, and there ya go!

I had one dose of crud that lasted three months and resisted three lots of anti-biotics. But it was worth it - it was a great con and we had a great time with the guests and our friends.

Mumsey
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

*sends medical co-pay bills to Amanda Tapping*

Dear Amanda....

hee
                        Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          Not an ordinary cold - Con Crud! It happens regularly when people come from all over the world and spend a weekend in close proximity. It only takes one person with an upper respiratory problem of some kind to spread the joy and then it takes hold, usually when you go home. At a con, you usually don't eat properly, or sleep properly and it all goes toward lowering your resistance. Add to that, a 'foreign' bug that your system has no anti-bodies to, and there ya go!

I had one dose of crud that lasted three months and resisted three lots of anti-biotics. But it was worth it - it was a great con and we had a great time with the guests and our friends.

Mumsey
                          So, should I go in a hazmat suit or something?

Comment

No you'll be fine....
                            Just make sure you drink lots of vitamin C before you go....
                            sigpic
                            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Ah, okay. Cool.

I wouldn't want to not completely feel the hug I'm hopeful of anyway.

Comment

I always get Con crud. Which is then amplified by 'Post Con Depression' Never a fun time.

My sickness is usually due to the whole 'forgetting to eat and not sleeping' thing.

Totally worth it though!

Comment

Working...
                                X