GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Not to mention the fact that by living there it is much easier/cheaper for you to see Amanda on a regular basis at the best convention going. (Starts thinking of reasons to convince the G4 to immigrate to Canada, like the economy: our banks are better. Football: our balls are bigger. Weather: snow can be fun (no, really)).
    Football won't get you anywhere with any of the G4... Ice hockey however, that's another "ballgame" altogether My hubby's ideal job(s) would be a statistiatin for the NHL with a side line in Avalanche rescue dog handler... Leaving our pooch at home during our ski trips is the only reason he ever wants to go home... His brother is already a citizen in Nova Scotia... I personally did three trips to Canada in 2008, Most of Jan, march and August but moving out there permanantly means losing my income. I am not qualified in north America to do my pharma job and the retraining/ re-qualification is complicated

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    So more importantly when the AT4 tickets go on sale at 15.30 GMT it will also be 15.30 in the UK

Now of course this probably doesn't help anyone else but I'm glad I figured out where I am
    me too!!! I was going to wait until the clocks were reset this October before giving myself any more of a headache.

Hugs
    becks
    Last edited by becky_preen; 13 October 2008, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      Football won't get you anywhere with any of the G4... Ice hockey however, that's another "ballgame" altogether My hubby's ideal job(s) would be a statistiatin for the NHL with a side line in Avalanche rescue dog handler... Leaving our pooch at home during our ski trips is the only reason he ever wants to go home... His brother is already a citizen in Nova Scotia... I personally did three trips to Canada in 2008, Most of Jan, march and August but moving out there permanantly means losing my income. I am not qualified in north America to do my pharma job and the retraining/ re-qualification is complicated

me too!!! I was going to wait untilt he clocks were reset this pctober before giving myself any more of a headache.

Hugs
      becks
      Is pctober a new month or just an unusual English spelling?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
        Is pctober a new month or just an unusual English spelling?
        dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          If worst comes to worst, you can always get a ticket later in the day when you are home.
          I don't think so!! I'm going to try to get a Charmed Pass and for that, I'm going to have to be awake and at home!!
          Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
          Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

See you guys on Saturday!!
          Have fun!!!!
          I guess that's my queue to take up the countdown tomorrow...which should be fun seeings how I'm practically a day ahead of most folks!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            I don't think so!! I'm going to try to get a Charmed Pass and for that, I'm going to have to be awake and at home!!

Have fun!!!!
            I guess that's my queue to take up the countdown tomorrow...which should be fun seeings how I'm practically a day ahead of most folks!
            Oooh, That brings me to a question I have... How quickly do the charmed passes sell out? I was really looking to get one, but I didn't know if it was gonna come down to having HighSPeed internet... then I probably won't get one.... but if it's just a matter of being online right away, right when they go onsale, then I should be able to get one...
            *facepalm at random rambling....*
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

well, there's about 100ish of them?????

i'm totally guessing here but i think 100ish (going by the number of tables and people per table)

i THINK they sell out within an hour or so, but becky and mumsy can answer that the best.

all you can do is try, and even if (let's pretend that there's 100 of them) you're person 103, well your name goes on a list and if anyone that has a charmed pass cancels or one becomes available they go to the list people first.

the down side is, unless they had 3 charmed parties, folks won't get in. It sucks but that's just how things are. IIRC, those that didn't get a charmed pass had thier own fun. I think they had their own group dinners and get togethers.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                well, there's about 100ish of them?????

i'm totally guessing here but i think 100ish (going by the number of tables and people per table)

i THINK they sell out within an hour or so, but becky and mumsy can answer that the best.

all you can do is try, and even if (let's pretend that there's 100 of them) you're person 103, well your name goes on a list and if anyone that has a charmed pass cancels or one becomes available they go to the list people first.

the down side is, unless they had 3 charmed parties, folks won't get in. It sucks but that's just how things are. IIRC, those that didn't get a charmed pass had thier own fun. I think they had their own group dinners and get togethers.
                There are 90 Cocktail Party tickets. ten tables of 9 attendees plus a couple of tables for staff (thier only "night off") and the Organisers/ Guests. Amanda Arrives after you've all had dinner and then circulates the tables.

The CP sold out last time in under seven minutes. We then operate a waiting list based on when you purchased your ticket. If one becomes available, we offer it(them) to the next person on the reg list.

For those without Charmed passes the bar will be a nice place to hang out and meet other attendees. The colour themed disco is on Saturday night in the main hall.

Becks
                G4

Comment

Under 7 minutes ....
                  sigpic

Comment

so 10 tickets and 53 miinutes off....not bad for guessing.

honestly though folks, yes, the charmed party is fun, and you get dinner and a few minutes with amanda

however, part of being there is getting to know and meet your fellow sam fans.

you're not gonna get to do all that much of that at the charmed party beyond your table. To keep things friendly and comfortable for all, once amanda gets there you stay at your table. no execssive waundering around the room. Can you imagine how much it'd suck to have your time with her at your table ruined by someone from another table coming up and chatting with her???

It's done in a very orderly fashion to keep the mood as open and pleasant as possible.

Which means, you'll get to know the folks at your table quite well, but probably not as much the others.

But the folks that meet up in the lobby and head out to the nearest pub or to grab a bite??? they will have all evening to get to know each other. they can chat freely and go where they wish.

not getting a charmed ticket doesn't mean that you're effectively 'going to bed without supper'....it just means that you get to have some chill out and 'get to know you' time with other fans. And those friendships are the ones that last long after the con.

both 'getting' and 'not getting' have their own sets of pros.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hugs
                      becks
                      Well, hockey is everywhere! In Vancouver you would have hockey and your hubby could get work on his side line. Too bad the retraining for you is so complicated. With the baby boomers retiring early we need lots of professionals in medical related fields.

Nova Scotia is beautiful. I have relatives there too and use any excuse to visit.

There are 90 Cocktail Party tickets. ten tables of 9 attendees plus a couple of tables for staff (thier only "night off") and the Organisers/ Guests. Amanda Arrives after you've all had dinner and then circulates the tables.

The CP sold out last time in under seven minutes. We then operate a waiting list based on when you purchased your ticket. If one becomes available, we offer it(them) to the next person on the reg list.

For those without Charmed passes the bar will be a nice place to hang out and meet other attendees. The colour themed disco is on Saturday night in the main hall.

Becks
                      G4
                      OK, I must be losing my mind. I could have sworn I did not go on line for AT3 tickets right away yet I did get a CP ticket so I must be wrong.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

You're absolutely right Sky. I didn't have a charmed pass last time, and had a really fun evening, spend some time with folks I didn't get a chance to see much of the rest of the weekend. So yeah, pros and cons.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was among those that didnt have a charmed pass last year, mostly cos I bought mine about 5 wks or so before the event but thats besides the point.

I spent my evening with friends at one of the pubs down the street having dinner so it was a very nice time indeed.

I'm gonna try for a charmed pass this year, but if I'm not able to get one I'm sure I'll have just as good a time.

Comment

Wheee we have a date *dances*

Is it January yet?

The video on the GABIT website is amazing, it brings back so many fond memories. Thanks to GABIT for putting it up for all of us, the pictures are great too.

I had a blast at AT3 and we were on the back row for the Q&As, last for the photo and auto sessions and hanging out playing choose your own adventure stories in the lobby during the cocktail party it doesn't matter what ticket you have or where you are for anything it is the people that make the event. What will be will be and AT4 will be awesome all round.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              so 10 tickets and 53 miinutes off....not bad for guessing.

honestly though folks, yes, the charmed party is fun, and you get dinner and a few minutes with amanda

however, part of being there is getting to know and meet your fellow sam fans.

you're not gonna get to do all that much of that at the charmed party beyond your table. To keep things friendly and comfortable for all, once amanda gets there you stay at your table. no execssive waundering around the room. Can you imagine how much it'd suck to have your time with her at your table ruined by someone from another table coming up and chatting with her???

It's done in a very orderly fashion to keep the mood as open and pleasant as possible.

Which means, you'll get to know the folks at your table quite well, but probably not as much the others.

But the folks that meet up in the lobby and head out to the nearest pub or to grab a bite??? they will have all evening to get to know each other. they can chat freely and go where they wish.

not getting a charmed ticket doesn't mean that you're effectively 'going to bed without supper'....it just means that you get to have some chill out and 'get to know you' time with other fans. And those friendships are the ones that last long after the con.

both 'getting' and 'not getting' have their own sets of pros.

Becks
                              G4

Thank you both!
                              The Cocktail party sounds a bit like the Desert Party that Creation does, the bit about staying at your table and getting to chat with her for a few minutes.... It sounds fun, but if I can't get one of the Charmed passes that is okay too....
                              I know that we won't have highspeed internet by then, but the hanging out at the con is really what I live for, so that should be fun too...
                              I'm just excited that I'll be able to go, so whichever pass I can get I'll just be super happy with it....
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

One of the advantages of the cocktail party for me was the chance to "break the ice" since I was there on my own (before visiting family in France). It was a great chance to meet other fans in a small group. We had lots of time to visit and continued to meet off and on all weekend. Since it was my first con experience it was also, to be perfectly honest, a good introduction to the experience to know that con goers are "normal" (well, except maybe for Mandy and Jan ) because I didn't really know what to expect.

As I've said before, I think it helps those who are very nervous at meeting Amanda to do so the first time with a group of people.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X