GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bikerchic1977 View Post
    i'm a little late to the game but.... WOOHOO!

when i saw the date i started singing "happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me" as my bday is the following weekend and i plan on staying for a bit and actually seeing more of london than the hotel, the mcdonald's and the gas station this time.. lol...
    LOL...how true. Sounds like the perfect week(end) then for you I think.

I'm planning on spending up to 2 weeks over the pond this time though I'm still unsure what I'll be doing. November kinda nixes any ideas of backpacking I think as this was my original idea. Perhaps I might just pick out some areas worth seeing and hit the bus or whatever and then head on over to the Ren afterwards. I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      LOL...how true. Sounds like the perfect week(end) then for you I think.

I'm planning on spending up to 2 weeks over the pond this time though I'm still unsure what I'll be doing. November kinda nixes any ideas of backpacking I think as this was my original idea. Perhaps I might just pick out some areas worth seeing and hit the bus or whatever and then head on over to the Ren afterwards. I dunno.
      Or, you could come to Holland first and stay with me for a couple of days, Chelle is thinking about it too. There are some lovely sights to see here as well (although, november isn't that good).

And I think more people want to arrange something for sightseeing before or after the con anyway. I know I am. Would be cool
      sigpic

Comment

Holy cow!!!
        We have a date!!!
        A real date!!!
        OMG!!!
        That is just fan-freakin'-tatsic!!!
        Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I was jumping up and down like a mad woman...this is almost better than winning the lottery!! Strike that...it is better...well almost...I think...I've never won the lottery but this is way cooler!!!
        OMG...I have to get my passport, organize the kids, check in with the family in Germany...oh bugger, do I need a Visa and what not??? Oh wow!! Yay!!
        I'm the happiest little camper tonight...yay!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Or, you could come to Holland first and stay with me for a couple of days, Chelle is thinking about it too. There are some lovely sights to see here as well (although, november isn't that good).
          And I think more people want to arrange something for sightseeing before or after the con anyway. I know I am. Would be cool
          Thinking??? I'm dead set on planning doing it!!!
          My hubby's family is from Holland so I'd love to visit and tell the kids all about it...maybe they'll be inspired enough to travel when they grow up!!!
          My itinerary thus far has Germany, Holland, Belgium and London on it...and the more people I can meet and travel with, the better!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
            Roughly? And going on last years costs including the booking fee -
            Charmed Pass = £254 (about $460)
            Weekend Pass = £169 (about $300)
            Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Now I'm thinking the race will be on to see how many are able to snag a Charmed ticket this time. I heard this year's tickets sold out quickly.
            $565 AUD for a Charmed Pass but I'm keen as mustard to get one!!
            Thank goodness it's on during off peak flying time.
            *points at sig*
            I already made a ticker lol You can make your own here
            *happy dances some more*
            Me too!!!! Yay!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Thinking??? I'm dead set on planning doing it!!!
              My hubby's family is from Holland so I'd love to visit and tell the kids all about it...maybe they'll be inspired enough to travel when they grow up!!!
              My itinerary thus far has Germany, Holland, Belgium and London on it...and the more people I can meet and travel with, the better!!
              oh you're coming to Belgium?!? Visit Gent, we're very nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                oh you're coming to Belgium?!? Visit Gent, we're very nice!!
                LOL but she is visiting Gent, that is already on her list Don't worry

Not only are we nice but we have a great center and nice building to visit

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Holy cow!!!
                  We have a date!!!
                  A real date!!!
                  OMG!!!
                  That is just fan-freakin'-tatsic!!!
                  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I was jumping up and down like a mad woman...this is almost better than winning the lottery!! Strike that...it is better...well almost...I think...I've never won the lottery but this is way cooler!!!
                  OMG...I have to get my passport, organize the kids, check in with the family in Germany...oh bugger, do I need a Visa and what not??? Oh wow!! Yay!!
                  I'm the happiest little camper tonight...yay!!!

Gee, Chelle, you sound excited. Me too although my excitement was tempered a bit when I left work yesterday to discover my bike had been stolen.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    Ok I don't usually do this.... much... but

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

That is a most perfect time of year for me.

Somebody wake up Mal. Start a countdown!!

*squishes the G4*
                    Did someone call my name?? If somone works out the numbers for me i'll start the countdown tommorw morning

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                      Did someone call my name?? If somone works out the numbers for me i'll start the countdown tommorw morning
                      Ok... Mum and i estimate 410 days. So i'm going to use that for now

410 Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

* Sneaks in to cause trouble* So will Avalon 2 mentioned soon*sneaks out again*

Comment

Originally posted by Verona View Post
                          * Sneaks in to cause trouble* So will Avalon 2 mentioned soon*sneaks out again*
                          Not on this thread it won't! Avalon wasn't a GABIT event. Carmargue was the organiser - Gabit staff just ran it.

Glad to see you kiddies are happy at last

Mumsey
                          G4
                          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            longies or insulated shirts are the key. most of london's chill comes from the dampness. so if you wear layers, you keep the damp away from your skin. fleece is also good because it dries good and tends to shed at least initial amounts of water
                            Spoken like a true Midwest girl who knows what cold is all about.

*points at sig*

I already made a ticker lol You can make your own here

*happy dances some more*
                            Very cool

I put a ticker app on my itouch for the fun of it yesterday. First date I entered for it to countdown to was of course AT4. As of right now, we have:

1 year, 1 month, 15 days and 1 hr 40 min and 13 seconds.

I'm sure Mal's is great too. I just thought this one was hilarious at how precise it was..heh.

Off to play Civ Colonization! Yay for days off!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Not on this thread it won't! Avalon wasn't a GABIT event. Carmargue was the organiser - Gabit staff just ran it.

Glad to see you kiddies are happy at last

Mumsey
                              G4

I could be happier if I knew what the designated colour was going to be for AT4
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 29 September 2008, 02:39 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                                *headdesk* Gah. That was one of the weekends I was really hoping it wouldn't be on.

I will have to figure out how to make it all work out.

And hope my dance teacher doesn't mind me skipping out of the country the week before a major competition.
                                You know, you could point out to her how it could be worse. You could, after all, be on another continent during the competition.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X