GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    which one of us don't you want to hug???
    GAH! *snickers* G4...

*headesk*

Stupid flailing fingers...

*hugs Becky and Mumsey and John and Julia...and grabs Sue, wherever she might be...*
    Jenni

Comment

Still pondering the dog show while trying to stay calm about AT4 (well, trying!!) - could be a coincidence, but the hearing dogs have their summer fair on Sun 7th June 2009?!

http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/summer-fayre.php

Comment

Originally posted by LeeFraser View Post
        Still pondering the dog show while trying to stay calm about AT4 (well, trying!!) - could be a coincidence, but the hearing dogs have their summer fair on Sun 7th June 2009?!

http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/summer-fayre.php
        That's interesting, Lee. Perhaps she will be doing 2 days at Collectormania and going to the Hearing Dogs event on the Sunday? Thanks for that.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You know, I have been having a pretty crappy couple of weeks and this is the second piece of good news today. Thanks G4 (I'll hug you all ). While I'm not particularly thrilled with going to London in November at least it is good to know the dates. Must go check the air miles account.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*does happy dance*
            That date is perfect!!!!!!
            *joins in the squeeeing*
            squueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

London in nov isn't bad. My friend and i did a week of sightseeing in the week between AT2 and Avalon. Little cool, but wear layers - cause it might be coolish and dreary at times outside, it'll be hot on the tube and be aware that the sun sets by 4pm or so.

we walked along the thames looking for shakespeare's theater - about 2 miles up/downsteam from the Tower, and it didn't bug me at all to be walkking around since so many were.

it was 'end of the rain' in teh am, cleared 10-3ish, then the rain moved in and it rained/was dreary for hte rest of hte day

not bad and honestly, i think the temp was 50's/60's so comfortable with a layer or two. I did the whole week even without a coat. I just had longies, a running/track suit, a long t-shirt, the jacket to the running outfit and then a pullover rain type jacket with a hood. if it rained too hard, my backpack would fit under it and i had a little portable umbrella

I was comfortable, and I"m coldblooded
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SCREW Chicago! Seriously, this is WAAAAAAAAAAY more logical and practical for me.

Comment

I SO cannot wait.
                  Jenni

Comment

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*Hugs the G4*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      London in nov isn't bad. My friend and i did a week of sightseeing in the week between AT2 and Avalon. Little cool, but wear layers - cause it might be coolish and dreary at times outside, it'll be hot on the tube and be aware that the sun sets by 4pm or so.

we walked along the thames looking for shakespeare's theater - about 2 miles up/downsteam from the Tower, and it didn't bug me at all to be walkking around since so many were.

it was 'end of the rain' in teh am, cleared 10-3ish, then the rain moved in and it rained/was dreary for hte rest of hte day

not bad and honestly, i think the temp was 50's/60's so comfortable with a layer or two. I did the whole week even without a coat. I just had longies, a running/track suit, a long t-shirt, the jacket to the running outfit and then a pullover rain type jacket with a hood. if it rained too hard, my backpack would fit under it and i had a little portable umbrella

I was comfortable, and I"m coldblooded

Thanks. Good to know. I'm cold blooded too. I was there one July and it was chilly (compared to home) and wasn't overly warm at AT3, not compared to Paris where it was hot and sunny.

Weather doesn't matter inside at the con but I was thinking of doing some sightseeing this time.

Hey, it just occured to me, I hope that isn't Grey Cup weekend. Off to check.

Comment

longies or insulated shirts are the key. most of london's chill comes from the dampness. so if you wear layers, you keep the damp away from your skin. fleece is also good because it dries good and tends to shed at least initial amounts of water
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*points at sig*

I already made a ticker lol You can make your own here

*happy dances some more*
                          sigpic

Comment

Now I'm thinking the race will be on to see how many are able to snag a Charmed ticket this time. I heard this year's tickets sold out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Now I'm thinking the race will be on to see how many are able to snag a Charmed ticket this time. I heard last year this year's tickets sold out quickly.
                              How much do you think those and the normal tickets will be?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                *points at sig*

I already made a ticker lol You can make your own here

*happy dances some more*
                                Those are great. I'll save myself the trouble and check yours from time to time.

So, Becky, think you're off the hook? Just wait until the posts come asking when tickets will go on sale! By the way, any local hockey games one can catch at that time of year?

Comment

Working...
                                X