GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    You may be sorry you asked for this. So when's the date, huh, huh? Should I start packing soon?
    Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
    You took the words right outta my mouth....hahaha. We can be ready quick, right EH-T?? (I don't know about my bank account) but I'm ready.... Be careful what you ask for Mumsey... (you know we love ya)
    Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    So ... yeah ... can we start a countdown yet?? I soooo hope I and everyone else who wants to will be able to go!
    Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    *tacklehugs Mumsey*
    Oh wow!! I'm thinking there must have been a lot of AT4 channeling happening today!! I was just thinking that last night...I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the big boss and I'm hopping I still have a job by the end of it...so I'm thinking...if I don't, I need a date so I can get a new job and start saving all over again!!
    So...Mumsey...you started this....how long til we get a date???
    I'm thinking maybe we all need to join scifithinker and tacklehug Mumsey more!!
    It's funny, cause over here it's very uncommon to hug. I never hug my friends. We kiss on the cheeks (three times ) and if someone is not really close I'll just shake their hand. I do hug my husband (a lot) and my mom and sis too sometimes, but that's about it. Hugging seems very personal to me, but I think in other countries it's so normal that it's not especially personal. I like it though and I'm in for Hugcon
    Oh. I like to hug...kissing not so much...unless it's hubby of course...but hugging is good!!
    You better get all hug prepared Lies...coz you is gonna be tacklehugged for sure next year!!!
    Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    So what travel/vacation plans do Gabiteers have for this summer (or winter if you're on the flip side)?
    Well...I for one wish I was going to Me So Lovely too but seeings how it's not happening down under, I have to live vicariously through others.
    It's winter here so I have no plans at present other then to work my butt off and save like the dickens. We might be planning a trip to the snow in September but that's going to depend on a number of things...one being if there is any snow!! Two...work...and three, the availability of the lodge!
    Hugging is not common in everyday life in my little corner of the world, but fandom writes its own rules. I think it's cool. Hugs are good for your mental health.
    Phew!! Well that's a good thing...that means that I should be mentally stable...most of the time!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So ... yeah ... can we start a countdown yet?? I soooo hope I and everyone else who wants to will be able to go!
      I'm just waiting for the date

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        I'm back and ready to rock, though. I wish I could meet up with everyone sooner for a big group hug, though! *looks pointedly in Pengyn's direction*
        PengYn is in South Africa, so anyone wanting to hug her is going to have to start swimming
        sigpic

Comment

*tacklehugs the thread*

And I've already had my summer holiday/vacation it was AT3 and I absolutely loved it! Although I am sort of going to Canada in August too. Hehe!! *hugs Minigeek and JuliaR tightly*

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

*Hugs back*

So what travel/vacation plans do Gabiteers have for this summer (or winter if you're on the flip side)?
            I have an exciting holiday coming. I will be spending three weeks in Canada!

I fly out with Becky to Toronto for Me So Lovely, and then we are taking the train across to Vancouver where No.1 Son will be joining us for Gatecon. Becky's flying home after and Tim and I will spend another week doing the touristy bit before flying home together.

As some of you will remember, I did the train trip Feb 2007 in the snow, and now I will be seeing it 'in glorious technicolour'. Can't wait!

Huggles

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Could not attend AT3 (wanted to) but yeah Vancouver and Gatecon soon I am jumping up and down already, hope to see some of you there.

Thoughts and prayers for Ruthie and her two family's

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

I fly out with Becky to Toronto for Me So Lovely, and then we are taking the train across to Vancouver where No.1 Son will be joining us for Gatecon. Becky's flying home after and Tim and I will spend another week doing the touristy bit before flying home together.

As some of you will remember, I did the train trip Feb 2007 in the snow, and now I will be seeing it 'in glorious technicolour'. Can't wait!

Huggles

Mumsey
                Looks like we'll be seeing each other then
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm going to Comic Con in July (yeah!!!) and to Gatecon in August RDA (woohoo) followed by a week in Seattle visiting family. I actually bought tickets to see Me So Lovely in Toronto but not sure if the $$ will be there for me to travel. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
                  sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Oh lets see Summer Plans;

Comic Con - Yes
                    GateCon - Yes
                    Show ShimmeringStar around CA
                    Remodel two bathrooms
                    Paint living room and entry room
                    Remodel Kitchen
                    Emtpy C-Train
                    Remodel Room 207 for new Storage room

Busy summer not at all
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey
                      Sounds like a great plan. I'll never forget going all the way across Canada on the train. Ontario seems to go on forever--like half the trip. Then Manitoba, flat as a pancake--and the prairie is lovely in its own way. But the mountains--wow!! I love the mountains and Mt Robson inparticular. I really got lucky--the weather was gorgeous all the way. Hope you have that kind of luck and fun on ViaRail.

I have a week at music camp (musicalretreat.org) in Walla Walla--HOT-- and then Gatecon! August will be a busy month for me. Our summer only just got started here in Seattle. In fact it really hasn't gotten really warm here yet except for a few days. At least the sun has finally started to come out more each day.

That's my summer.....

Comment

Hugging is not common in everyday life in my little corner of the world, but fandom writes its own rules. I think it's cool. Hugs are good for your mental health.
                        Yeah. Normally hugging is reserved for close friends and family. But at cons it just seems so natural. I think a lot has to do with the fact that everyone sees each other so infrequently (or havent' met yet) and when you see each other in person, all the warm fuzzies have built up and you just have to send them to the other person with a hug.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

and then up to Toronto w/GW'ers for Me So Lovely in early August.

Ooh you're coming to MSL!!!! Yippee! Can't wait to see you there!

Well, my travel/vacation plans are that I fly out to Toronto late July with hubbie and daughter for the run up/rehearsals/actual run of the show, then afterwards fly off to Vancouver with hubbie for a great chill out vacation.

And no, not going to give you a date for AT4 yet folks....patience...

Julia
                          G4
                          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Today I got a CD from a friend of mine, with ALL her (over 900) pics from AT3. *sigh* Put me right back into AT mode It was such a great weekend, and I still think about it frequently.

900 pictures! That's about 892 more than I took!

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                            Maybe AT4 should be renamed Hugcon or Huggate
                            LOL! I like Huggate.

It's funny, cause over here it's very uncommon to hug. I never hug my friends. We kiss on the cheeks (three times ) and if someone is not really close I'll just shake their hand. I do hug my husband (a lot) and my mom and sis too sometimes, but that's about it. Hugging seems very personal to me, but I think in other countries it's so normal that it's not especially personal. I like it though and I'm in for Hugcon
                            We Canadians are very reserved, not big huggers (except for Amanda).

Many are starting their summer holidays/vacations now that school's out for most here in the States, so that may account for some of the quietness too.(The 2 weeks before/after July 4th get very, very quiet at work!)(A very good thing!)

For myself.... well.... LOL, I already had the AT3 week in London in May, another week off in early June to sightsee with a GW friend, and now for the first time in many years (like since high school and college!) I really will have a summer vacation. In 2 weeks I'll start Shore Leave, then a week sightseeing in California, Comic Con, a few days back to work(), and then up to Toronto w/GW'ers for Me So Lovely in early August. So to prepare for being away so long, work unfortunately ate up most of my free time the past few weeks and will be doing so the next 2 as I try to tie up those last things at work (and as a sup of 13 peeps, it's that performance eval/plan time of the year ) But soon, sooooooon...... I can forget I work for a few weeks and relax!

Nice! When do you work?

Had my vacation in May so other than some weekends with friends and family, no summer holidays. Other than Canada Day of course! (July 1st)

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Oh wow!! I'm thinking there must have been a lot of AT4 channeling happening today!! I was just thinking that last night...I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the big boss and I'm hopping I still have a job by the end of it...so I'm thinking...if I don't, I need a date so I can get a new job and start saving all over again!!
                            So...Mumsey...you started this....how long til we get a date???
                            I'm thinking maybe we all need to join scifithinker and tacklehug Mumsey more!!

Oh. I like to hug...kissing not so much...unless it's hubby of course...but hugging is good!!
                            You better get all hug prepared Lies...coz you is gonna be tacklehugged for sure next year!!!

Well...I for one wish I was going to Me So Lovely too but seeings how it's not happening down under, I have to live vicariously through others.
                            It's winter here so I have no plans at present other then to work my butt off and save like the dickens. We might be planning a trip to the snow in September but that's going to depend on a number of things...one being if there is any snow!! Two...work...and three, the availability of the lodge!

Phew!! Well that's a good thing...that means that I should be mentally stable...most of the time!!!
                            Hope you still have your job!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            And I've already had my summer holiday/vacation it was AT3 and I absolutely loved it! Although I am sort of going to Canada in August too. Hehe!! *hugs Minigeek and JuliaR tightly*

Julia(samcarterrules)

How can you "sort of" go to Canada?

Huggles

Mumsey
                            We discussed that fabulous train trip before. You will love it!

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                            I'm going to Comic Con in July (yeah!!!) and to Gatecon in August RDA (woohoo) followed by a week in Seattle visiting family. I actually bought tickets to see Me So Lovely in Toronto but not sure if the $$ will be there for me to travel. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
                            Never had an interest in going to a con before AT3. Now I'm jealous you are going to ComicCon and Gatecon. I have a family vacation the weekend of Gatecon but would love to see RDA.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                            Sounds like a great plan. I'll never forget going all the way across Canada on the train. Ontario seems to go on forever--like half the trip. Then Manitoba, flat as a pancake--and the prairie is lovely in its own way. But the mountains--wow!! I love the mountains and Mt Robson inparticular. I really got lucky--the weather was gorgeous all the way. Hope you have that kind of luck and fun on ViaRail.

I have a week at music camp (musicalretreat.org) in Walla Walla--HOT-- and then Gatecon! August will be a busy month for me. Our summer only just got started here in Seattle. In fact it really hasn't gotten really warm here yet except for a few days. At least the sun has finally started to come out more each day.

That's my summer.....
                            Hey, it's only flat where you were! Other parts of Manitoba have bumps!

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                            Ooh you're coming to MSL!!!! Yippee! Can't wait to see you there!

Well, my travel/vacation plans are that I fly out to Toronto late July with hubbie and daughter for the run up/rehearsals/actual run of the show, then afterwards fly off to Vancouver with hubbie for a great chill out vacation.

And no, not going to give you a date for AT4 yet folks....patience...

Julia
                            G4
                            Gee, saw you had posted and thought we were getting a date.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Amanda does rather redefine the concept, doesn't she?
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

We are? Oh yea, right reserved, yes we are
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X