Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I imagine Amanda might be fond of it.
    Am I the only one who doesn't aspire to be Canadian or a hockey fan?
    Just for the record, I don't follow football (either American or soccer), basketball or baseball either. Although I tend to keep up with figure skating. At least that one involves ice.
    Probably! ...what nationality tickles your fancy scifithinker??
    I wouldn't call me an avid fan of any sport...I like my footy in very small doses...I don't mind watching the Melbourne Cup (horse race that stops a nation!!)...I love watching snippets of ice hockey when we get some...a little bit of soccer and tennis is good for the soul too...but I do love motor racing...I love V8 super cars and rally driving...but I don't get to see much of that...and extreme sports...very cool!! But I'm no avid sports watcher at all.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      so, a jaffa sucking contest in the lobby???

i sooo wanna see becky announce that with a straight face
      LMAO! I wanna see that too!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

This cracked me up in the worst way

Even hubby is looking at me funny
        sigpic

Comment

Just got back from the Red Wings Parade. The rally is right outside the buiilding I work in. I know Amanda likes Hockey.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
            ...and what the heck is wrong with TO? As a city it's alright ...
            Bit of a Canadian tradition, at least in western Canada, to hate Toronto. Part of it stems from old football (the Canadian version) rivalries. Part from the fact that many from TO are pretentious, believing themselves to be the centre of the universe. Central Canada indeed! Look at a map people!

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            OK, so I know what a loonie and a toonie are. I know a good chunk of the first verse of O Canada (used to know the whole first verse). And not only do I know what poutine is, I've actually had it, at Dave's Fish and Chips in Steveston (where Nightwalkers was filmed).

Oh, and TIMMY'S ROCKS!!!

Did I pass?
            You pass with flying colours my dear!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            *runs off to study hard*

Ames, you she should have asked them to sing "Flower of Scotland" they would have known that.
            Julia(samcarterrules)
            LOVE Flower of Scotland, men in kilts, the bagpipes and even haggis! Scotland rocks!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            That's the same then for us Aussies...it's just firefox keeps correcting it to suit the US version...bummer!

O Canada!
            Our home and native land!
            True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
            The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
            O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Interesting choice of lyrics...so how much is the royal family a part of Canadian lifestyle???

Chelle: honourary Canadian! I see I shall have to bring many flag pins to AT4 (ha, typing AT4 I keep the shift key on and it comes out AT$, seems appropriate somehow).

I imagine Amanda might be fond of it.

Just for the record, I don't follow football (either American or soccer), basketball or baseball either. Although I tend to keep up with figure skating. At least that one involves ice.
            Amanda, one of Toronto's redeeming qualities.

That's OK Scifithinker, we still like you! I like figure skating as well.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            Just got back from the Red Wings Parade. The rally is right outside the buiilding I work in. I know Amanda likes Hockey.
            Way to keep it on topic. Congrats to you and your team.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I can so see that ... well no, actually, I can't, which makes it even more amusing
              *sits back to wait patiently for Becks' response...*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Bit of a Canadian tradition, at least in western Canada, to hate Toronto. Part of it stems from old football (the Canadian version) rivalries. Part from the fact that many from TO are pretentious, believing themselves to be the centre of the universe. Central Canada indeed! Look at a map people!

LOVE Flower of Scotland, men in kilts, the bagpipes and even haggis! Scotland rocks!

Chelle: honourary Canadian! I see I shall have to bring many flag pins to AT4 (ha, typing AT4 I keep the shift key on and it comes out AT$, seems appropriate somehow).
              Ah, so you hate 'Toronto' as an entity or idea, not as the physical place. Got it, and I can totally understand. It's all about perspective ... *pause whilst ames shelves the anecdote that came to mind for later convos*

...and yes, skirt-boys rock. Not every male can carry a kilt well, but when you find one who does ...

...hehehe...
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I can so see that ... well no, actually, I can't, which makes it even more amusing
                *sits back to wait patiently for Becks' response...*
                Well, having been falsely accused in the past of being a nazi, a prude, and a mealy mouthed chicken s*** I can assure you that announcing a Jaffa sucking contest in the lobby will be a breeze.

Shame they don't do strawberry ones though... I do like strawberry cream choccies... I just wish they did them more with milk chocolate than dark. but hey the strawberry makes up for it. Oddly though I actually don't like strawberries, just strawberry flavoured stuff... But I digress... As long as there's not peanuts involved, I'm in. At least for a sneak peek tasting session as I probably will be too busy with my attempt at world domination... I mean duties as Director of Operations... So will have to leave the main festivities to you guys... Please don't forget my macademias though...

Hugs
                Becks

Comment

...and yes, skirt-boys rock. Not every male can carry a kilt well, but when you find one who does ...

...hehehe...
                  And I did My Hubby is a Scot, an ice hockey playing/refereeing/stato recording Scot.

He wore a Kilt for our wedding which we went to Edinburgh to have him measured up for... his Kilt actually cost more than my wedding dress!!!!!

And nothing is worn beneath the kit of a true Scotsman.... It's all in perfect working order.....

Becks

Comment

has anyone else had any problems with the hotel? Because i just got my CC bill today and there's an extra 225 pounds, plus finance charges, on top of the 368 pounds for the room. I called them but all i could do was get a 'i'll forward this to the supervisor to talk to the facility and we'll get back with you in 3-5 business days'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's OK Scifithinker, we still like you!
                      *is touched*

sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

PengYn did...but she got it straightened out. She can tell ya about it when she wakes up.......and it's Pengyn so that will be a while....so not a morning person
                        sigpic

Comment

has anyone else had any problems with the hotel? Because i just got my CC bill today and there's an extra 225 pounds, plus finance charges, on top of the 368 pounds for the room. I called them but all i could do was get a 'i'll forward this to the supervisor to talk to the facility and we'll get back with you in 3-5 business days'
                          I had problems with overcharging 120 pounds. They straightened it out quickly. When they tried to say 'I'll forward to the supervisor', I told them I'd like to talk to the supervisor 'now please'....The supervisor came right on and I politely discussed the problem and they fixed it. I'd request that they payback the finance charges as well. Doesn't hurt to ask. It's their error.
                          sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

well, i'm gonna give them a day or three, and then i'll call visa and say that the charge is bogus and yeah, take that danged finance charge off.

I wish the ren had a 800 number, but everything goes through marriott, so i can't talk directly to the hotel itself without making an international call

I may try again tomorrow during the day, or monday, when there's no excuse to not talk to someone. It was also 7pm my time, to wee hours there.
                            Which might account for 'forwarding this to a supervisor', there may have been no one to talk to that had the authority to deal with it.

it's just frustrating and expensive. That's over 450 dollars they're overcharging me.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Aw, man! *pouts*

I am quite proudly American, actually. Though I do aspire to LIVE in Canada. I am in love with Vancouver.

&

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                              Well, having been falsely accused in the past of being a nazi, a prude, and a mealy mouthed chicken s*** I can assure you that announcing a Jaffa sucking contest in the lobby will be a breeze.
                              This is SO gonna be amusing. You really must do it, Becks. I would die laughing.

Well, I booked mine with Expedia, and for the incidentals I gave them my check card (my bank card with Master Card on it)...and even though I bought WiFi...twice...I was never charged.
                              Jenni

Comment

I thought that was Quebec?

centre. You're Canadian is showing.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X