GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    Ahhh...but you did ...BUT, it was totally innocent...you've just slipped into the gutter...have you ever had a Jaffa before???
    I will have you know I did NOT slip into the gutter!

I so TOTALLY live there.

*shifty eyes*

And other than the cake variety, which I had in Londyland...nope...never had one...

Originally posted by ames View Post
    LOL - yes, you did just read that!!!
    Shhh...don't encourage me!

...has someone been snurching my memos again?
    *points at PengYn*

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    I love how this thread has AT4 as a tag
    SQUEE!

Is it time yet, huh huh is it?
    Jenni

Comment

...were we *supposed* to be looking for a way out of here?
      ...has someone been snurching my memos again? (Not that I'd want to leave - it's so warm and cozy in here )
      Why is it everyone seems to want to leave?
      Or is it just knowing that you *can* exit if you so wish, as opposed to people *wanting* to exit?
      I just want to know where the exit is so I can block it and stop anyone from leaving!!!
      Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Beanie???? (considers revoking honourary citizenship)
      What?? You never heard of a beanie before??? I have a few of the knitted versions...Tom has a footy beanie for the team he barrack for...GO THE PIES....and the footy beanies have pompoms on them...no laughing...its traditional!!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Spoiler:

Dammit, I know the Stanley Cup is down here somewhere!

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
      I will have you know I did NOT slip into the gutter!
      I so TOTALLY live there.
      *shifty eyes*
      And other than the cake variety, which I had in Londyland...nope...never had one...
      Excellent!!! I shall bring the Jaffa's too so we can all suck them...yay!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well ok then *now here's a sentence I never once imagined I'd ever say*...I will suck Jaffa's with you...at AT4.

Do they make strawberry ones like they do the cakes?
        Jenni

Comment

LOL! To us a beanie is a wee hat a child would wear, possibly including a propeller!
          That what it always meant to me. Course, people in the rest of the country say the Michigander have a lot of Canadianisms, especially da yoopers. So, I guess that makes me an honorary (sorry, can't spell it with a u) citizen.
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            Well ok then *now here's a sentence I never once imagined I'd ever say*...I will suck Jaffa's with you...at AT4.
            Do they make strawberry ones like they do the cakes?
            Uhm...nope!!!
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas_(candy)

We shall suck Jaffa's together at AT4...I can't wait!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              That what it always meant to me. Course, people in the rest of the country say the Michigander have a lot of Canadianisms, especially da yoopers. So, I guess that makes me an honorary (sorry, can't spell it with a u) citizen.
              U have to pass the spelling test first
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

So by spelling honourary like this and favourite like this...is that right???
                What about the word colour??? How do Canadians spell colour??? Like this "colour" or like this "color"?
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Becks and husband, since you both love hockey you are also now honourary Canadians. All in favour say aye!
                  <snip>
                  No honourary citizenship for you! We are talking hockey of course. Not that silly little game played on a field or whatever game it is that the Toronto Maple Leafs play but real hockey, on ice! The game played by MS, RDA and Amanda's hubby.

My team was the Jets but the money grubbing forces of the NHL took my team and moved it to Phoenix, Arizona! Yes, Phoenix, hot bed of hockey. So I actually do not follow the NHL anymore and will not until they return my team!
                  I'll second that 'aye' there
                  Forgive her, she's not from around these parts - it's ICE hockey (I found if you just say 'hockey', field hockey is what springs to mind ... then again, I also taught at a school with 5 active (field) hockey players on it, so that might have had some bearing on that....hmmmm).

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  But...but...but! *pouts* I'm sorry, I'll learn fast I promise

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  S'ok Julia, we forgive you!

Why you're in the Amanda loves hockey thread of course!

OK, we'll give you another chance or two. Do you know what a loonie is? Have you ever eaten a beaver tail? Do you know any of the words to O Canada (hint, some of them are O and Canada)? Do you hate Toronto? Do you love Mounties?
                  <snip>
                  LOL!
                  (Better question - what's a twoonie?)
                  Mmmmm - beaver tails rock Oh, and don't forget to ask about poutine!
                  I was once teaching Music at a middle school on the Scottish border. The kids challenged me to sing O Canada, so I did, in both languages. (Yay for having those drilled into my head daily at school!) Then I asked them to sing their national anthem ... *shakes head* t'was baaad. Most kids got to the second line and then trailed away -- claiming that that is as far as they get at the footie matches! LOL They were amazed that I knew "God Save the Queen" ... then again, I've also run into countless students who find the fact that we also have a queen named Elizabeth II to be an absolutely amazing coincidence
                  ...and what the heck is wrong with TO? As a city it's alright ...

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  LOL!!!

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                  So by spelling honourary like this and favourite like this...is that right???
                  What about the word colour??? How do Canadians spell colour??? Like this "colour" or like this "color"?
                  It's colour, chelle
                  We like our 'u's and our 's's up here!
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

OK, so I know what a loonie and a toonie are. I know a good chunk of the first verse of O Canada (used to know the whole first verse). And not only do I know what poutine is, I've actually had it, at Dave's Fish and Chips in Steveston (where Nightwalkers was filmed).

Oh, and TIMMY'S ROCKS!!!

Did I pass?

Comment

You've got my vote, anyway!
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

OK, we'll give you another chance or two. Do you know what a loonie is? Have you ever eaten a beaver tail? Do you know any of the words to O Canada (hint, some of them are O and Canada)? Do you hate Toronto? Do you love Mounties?
                        *runs off to study hard*

S'ok Julia, we forgive you!

LOL!
                        (Better question - what's a twoonie?)
                        Mmmmm - beaver tails rock Oh, and don't forget to ask about poutine!
                        I was once teaching Music at a middle school on the Scottish border. The kids challenged me to sing O Canada, so I did, in both languages. (Yay for having those drilled into my head daily at school!) Then I asked them to sing their national anthem ... *shakes head* t'was baaad. Most kids got to the second line and then trailed away -- claiming that that is as far as they get at the footie matches! LOL They were amazed that I knew "God Save the Queen" ... then again, I've also run into countless students who find the fact that we also have a queen named Elizabeth II to be an absolutely amazing coincidence
                        Ames, you she should have asked them to sing "Flower of Scotland" they would have known that.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

It's colour, chelle
                          We like our 'u's and our 's's up here!
                          That's the same then for us Aussies...it's just firefox keeps correcting it to suit the US version...bummer!

O Canada!
                          Our home and native land!
                          True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
                          The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
                          O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Interesting choice of lyrics...so how much is the royal family a part of Canadian lifestyle???
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I imagine Amanda might be fond of it.

Am I the only one who doesn't aspire to be Canadian or a hockey fan?

Just for the record, I don't follow football (either American or soccer), basketball or baseball either. Although I tend to keep up with figure skating. At least that one involves ice.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

so, a jaffa sucking contest in the lobby???

i sooo wanna see becky announce that with a straight face
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                so, a jaffa sucking contest in the lobby???
                                i sooo wanna see becky announce that with a straight face
                                Well hey...if she doesn't...I will!!! Maybe we can do some kind of record thingy with it...have no idea what but...it's just a thought!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X