GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    I have a soft spot for the red wings cos I learned my hockey in Toledo Ohio which has strong connections to detroit. I have actually smuggled a squid into an arena It was during the Toledo Storms play off run in 1994. We were on the road and I was in with the fan club whom were well known for smuggling in squids and so were pratically strip searched when they entered the arena, so I put it in the bottom of my bag and did the lovely polite english girl with the cute accent thing. They never batted an eyelid at the contents of my bag.

I remember very well that year Chris osgood sitting on the bench after a playoff game where he had messed up and it cost them the run to the cup. he was crying poor thing. [hugs chris]

Anyway I also have a soft spot for the penguins as one of the storm players Alex Hicks played a couple of seasons for them and hubby and I went over to pittsburgh for the weekend to watch a couple of games. I had a pres pass ( long story) but was allowed to take pictures down by the ice. during one of the periods, jagr did this spiffy snowy stop that showered my bit of glass with spray. during the break I managed to talk the rink guy into letting me wipe off the glass. so I shuffled out onto the ice

Did I mention that for two weeks at the begining of this regular season my Husband was the only logged officail scorer for the NHL??? He did both the games in London... which also gives me a further soft spot of the Ducks ( whom Alex also played for later on/before) as the stats guys were just soo nice when they were here...

ahhhh... so does that qualify.
    I used to play too... every position including goalie.
    Hugs
    Becks
    Becks and husband, since you both love hockey you are also now honourary Canadians. All in favour say aye!

I played goal as a young girl so between you and me we have a team!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    I love how this thread has AT4 as a tag
    Does it? That's nice.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Welcome to thread!

and I would join in with the rest of the thread conversation but I have no idea what your all talking about what sport are you talking about?

Julia(samcarterrules)
    No honourary citizenship for you! We are talking hockey of course. Not that silly little game played on a field or whatever game it is that the Toronto Maple Leafs play but real hockey, on ice! The game played by MS, RDA and Amanda's hubby.

My team was the Jets but the money grubbing forces of the NHL took my team and moved it to Phoenix, Arizona! Yes, Phoenix, hot bed of hockey. So I actually do not follow the NHL anymore and will not until they return my team!
    Last edited by EH-T; 05 June 2008, 03:11 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

No honourary citizenship for you! We are talking hockey of course. Not that silly little game played on a field or whatever game it is that the Toronto Maple Leafs play but real hockey, on ice! The game played by MS, RDA and Amanda's hubby.

My team was the Jets but the money grubbing forces of the NHL took my team and moved it to Phoenix, Arizona! Yes, Phoenix, hot bed of hockey. So I actually do not follow the NHL anymore and will not until the return my team!

So there!!! Ha Ha LOL You tell 'em!

Hockey's the best!! But boy did the Penguins S*#^@ last night! Ach!! They only showed up for the last 6 minute of the game.... too bad...

...but on topic....AT3 rocked and Amanda's the best! right? Is that the thread I'm in?? ..very confused...
      sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

My team was the Jets but the money grubbing forces of the NHL took my team and moved it to Phoenix, Arizona! Yes, Phoenix, hot bed of hockey. So I actually do not follow the NHL anymore and will not until the return my team!
        But...but...but! *pouts* I'm sorry, I'll learn fast I promise

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Mandy bought me a Maple Leafs Toque. I wore it with pride in Milton Keynes when I saw Paul M, who kinda went "Maple Leafs?! You've got to be JOKING!"
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            Mandy bought me a Maple Leafs Toque. I wore it with pride in Milton Keynes when I saw Paul M, who kinda went "Maple Leafs?! You've got to be JOKING!"
            What's a toque, where's Milton Keynes, and who's Paul M?

I feel so out of it.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

I feel so out of it.
              a toque is a beanie. Milton Keynes is in England (near where Tracy lives) and Paul M is Paul McGillion I would guess
              Last edited by antoa; 05 June 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for translating.

Sadly, I understand little more now than I did before you told me what those things mean.
                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                  [/B]

So there!!! Ha Ha LOL You tell 'em!

Hockey's the best!! But boy did the Penguins S*#^@ last night! Ach!! They only showed up for the last 6 minute of the game.... too bad...

...but on topic....AT3 rocked and Amanda's the best! right? Is that the thread I'm in?? ..very confused...
                  Why you're in the Amanda loves hockey thread of course!

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  But...but...but! *pouts* I'm sorry, I'll learn fast I promise

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  OK, we'll give you another chance or two. Do you know what a loonie is? Have you ever eaten a beaver tail? Do you know any of the words to O Canada (hint, some of them are O and Canada)? Do you hate Toronto? Do you love Mounties?

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Yes, they are a bit of a joke. Cruel Mandy to give you that and not warn you it would subject you to scorn and ridicule.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

I feel so out of it.
                  Tsk, tsk. Also need to study to pass honourary citizenship test. A toque is a knitted hat worn in winter to keep one's head warm. From the French "toque" meaning "it's darn cold up there".

Milton Keynes is in England I believe and it is where there is a convention. Is it Collectormania TJ?

Paul M would be Paul McGillion who plays Beckett.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                    a toque is a beanie. Milton Keynes is in England (near where Tracy lives) and Paul M is Paul McGillion I would guess
                    Further translation....

A touque is a hat normally of the knitted variety... a watch cap or other fitted head covering for keeping ones head warm and hair unrevealed.

Milton keynes is a small town iin england that boasts a large shopping centre which hosts a collectors fair called collectormainia.

Paul McGillion was no doub a guest at said collectors fair at some point.

Hugs
                    becks

Comment

Beanie???? (considers revoking honourary citizenship)

Comment

Beanie???? (considers revoking honourary citizenship)
                        I was trying to put it into terms an American would understand. In some regions, knitted hats are called beanies. Toque is way more fun to say.

Comment

I was trying to put it into terms an American would understand. In some regions, knitted hats are called beanies. Toque is way more fun to say.
                          LOL! To us a beanie is a wee hat a child would wear, possibly including a propeller!

Comment

LOL! To us a beanie is a wee hat a child would wear, possibly including a propeller!
                            Yeah, it's that too, but also a knit hat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie

wikipedia never lies!!

mostly.

Comment

Yeah, it's that too, but also a knit hat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beanie

wikipedia never lies!!

mostly.
                              "symbol of geekiness"! a)I'm sure this refers to the propeller variety and not to all Canadians and b)you should have one Geeky Sam!

Comment

Ahem

Hey, I looked long and hard for just the right touque for TJ (and the moose ) and we all know someone else who is a Leafs fan....

Spoiler:

Dammit, I know the Stanley Cup is down here somewhere!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X