GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ames View Post
    That's awesome Jenni - sure is nice when a plan comes together, eh? .... I love dropping in here - it's kind of like extending the comraderie feeling of AT3 whilst fairly harmlessly plotting world domin - um - I mean, AT4 hijinks *ahem* reunions!
    I am SO excited. So so SO excited! And I love this thread too. It lets me know that I'm not alone in missing the whole event so darn much.

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I want to go to AT4, but there are so many practical reasons why it's not a good idea. Not only was the con wonderful, but there are so many things in London I didn't get to see.
    Which is why we made ours a two week vacay last time. This time, since we're already planning a trip to Vancouver in the Spring (N. American Spring...lol) we'll only be in London for the 5 nights, 6 days, like last time. Then we'll head home. If Mr. LilFerret doesn't go to London though, which he's contemplating (he's already decided he won't go to the con, to save money), we'll spend two weeks in Vancouver. I get more vacation time than he does.
    Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
      GAH! *dies of emote love*

And OMG OMG OMG the BEST news...

Spoiler:
      So...my sister, a little over a month ago (right before AT3, in fact), told me she found my name on one of those unclaimed property sites...and I guffawed thinking...right..I have unclaimed money...sure.

I figured...there are a TON of Jennifer Cole's out there. Well, no, it was my maiden name (I've been married twice)...with an address I USED to live at, back in 2000-2002. So...I checked it out, sent in my birth certificate (which showed the last name), my marriage certificate to my first husband (to show the progression to the SECOND marriage, but also because it had THAT address on it), and then my current marriage certificate, to show my new name....and then it said to wait 180 days.

*blinks*

Today we got the check. $398.16.

GAH!

*flails*

That's just $100 short of a full Charmed Pass for AT4! *dies*

I am depositing it in our savings account tomorrow morning and it will NOT be touched. I put $50 in that account every month automatically, but I usually have to transfer it back due to bills. I will add another $100 at least and I will be set for my ticket.

It's SUCH a relief because I was crying myself to sleep the other night because I just KNOW tickets will go on sale before my taxes in March, and I wouldn't be able to go.

Someone is looking out for me.
      Absolutely fabulous!

By the way Chelle, AT4 is a "family" vacation, just with a different (some of us very different) family!

I also agree with Scifithinker, I still enjoy coming to this thread.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by idefix44 View Post
        A loud "Hey!" to all I met at AT3.
        This is my first time ever posting on GW! Who knows how many may follow...

Flow/I44
        Aw Flow it is great to see you here, finally made it to GW and getting posting eh Cool!!!
        it was awesome meeting you

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Cross-post from Samanda....

Guys I finally got my AT3 photos up, some of them are a bit blurry but they're OK.

I haven't put any names on any of them but if someone wants me to take any down just let me know.

I don't think its likely, but if anyone wants to use any of them feel free, just credit me, thanks

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...T3%20-%202008/

Enjoy!

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Aww thanks Julia! there are some great pics in it it is awesome to re-see them all over again after a few weeks.
        it made me cry all over again, I really had an amazing weekend and just seeing pics make me all emotional over it again.

I really can't wait for AT4 and seeing all of you again and just hanging around. And just meeting Amanda again and maybe talk to her.

It just amazes me what one person can do! Amanda amazes me!! She really brings people together and just her kidness shows and just goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by idefix44 View Post
          A loud "Hey!" to all I met at AT3.
          This is my first time ever posting on GW! Who knows how many may follow...

And Titta... I am looking forward to it... being picked up again... in the most literal sense of your greeting for sure! I'll waltz around with you again too. ;-)

Flow/I44
          Hey Flow..so you finally made it in here. Good. Now just keep it up.

Was awesome rooming with you, but next year will be different. Minus one me that is.

Cross-post from Samanda....

Guys I finally got my AT3 photos up, some of them are a bit blurry but they're OK.

I haven't put any names on any of them but if someone wants me to take any down just let me know.

I don't think its likely, but if anyone wants to use any of them feel free, just credit me, thanks

http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...T3%20-%202008/

Enjoy!

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Julia, the pics are awesome. Your timing in putting them up was impeccable too. Just when everyone was needing a bit of a AT3 boost, you come along with pressies. Thanks for sharing hon.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          You've definitely got a point there lol

I must say this hasn't been an easy week for me, health wise, and to come in here each day has been a real blessing because I'm feeding off everyone's energy and it's great to see folks already getting bubbly for AT4. It's distracting in a good way
          MegYn...stop being superwoman! Seriously, take care of yourself.

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post

And OMG OMG OMG the BEST news...

Spoiler:
          So...my sister, a little over a month ago (right before AT3, in fact), told me she found my name on one of those unclaimed property sites...and I guffawed thinking...right..I have unclaimed money...sure.

I figured...there are a TON of Jennifer Cole's out there. Well, no, it was my maiden name (I've been married twice)...with an address I USED to live at, back in 2000-2002. So...I checked it out, sent in my birth certificate (which showed the last name), my marriage certificate to my first husband (to show the progression to the SECOND marriage, but also because it had THAT address on it), and then my current marriage certificate, to show my new name....and then it said to wait 180 days.

*blinks*

Today we got the check. $398.16.

GAH!

*flails*

That's just $100 short of a full Charmed Pass for AT4! *dies*

I am depositing it in our savings account tomorrow morning and it will NOT be touched. I put $50 in that account every month automatically, but I usually have to transfer it back due to bills. I will add another $100 at least and I will be set for my ticket.

It's SUCH a relief because I was crying myself to sleep the other night because I just KNOW tickets will go on sale before my taxes in March, and I wouldn't be able to go.

Someone is looking out for me.
          So very, very awesome for you. AT4 charmed ticket awaits you!

Spoiler:
          I did the same thing a few weeks back. Supposedly I had some unclaimed stock shares as well as cash sitting there for me totally bout $460. Got everything notarized and sent off and am just waiting to see what happens.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          My inspiration for AT4...with many many thanks to EH-T who was responsible for this and for putting this massively huge smile on my face and for making my year!!!

Very pretty Chelle.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how people are still posting in this thread. I'm enjoying it.
            We've been posting here since the original Gabit event in 2005. LOL
            Once you post here you can never leave!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              WHAT?! I never got that warning
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                You're obviously not getting all your memos.
                sigpic

Comment

Deal.

Don't worry about Mandy. I'll sit on her, so she'll have to stay.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Aww thanks Julia! there are some great pics in it it is awesome to re-see them all over again after a few weeks.
                    it made me cry all over again, I really had an amazing weekend and just seeing pics make me all emotional over it again.

I really can't wait for AT4 and seeing all of you again and just hanging around. And just meeting Amanda again and maybe talk to her.

It just amazes me what one person can do! Amanda amazes me!! She really brings people together and just her kidness shows and just goes on...
                    Aww Eve I didn't mean to make you cry, but I know what you mean, I got emotional looking at them too. Your right to, Amanda is definitely amazing!
                    Bev you mean there's a way out?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Oh bugger!!! And where was my memo??? Oh man!!! Now I'm stuck in here too...and yet it's such a pretty place to be stuck in!!!
                      Originally posted by ames View Post
                      That is amazing chelle - and stick to your guns! If your hubby wants a family vacation to England in time for AT4, I say go for it
                      ...wait - what do you mean that's not what he meant? oh....
                      Are you kidding??? Bring them with me??? I am sooo leaving them behind...I need to do this alone...besides...it gives them a break from me and me a break from them...what more could a girl want before she hits the big 4 0!!
                      Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                      By the way Chelle, AT4 is a "family" vacation, just with a different (some of us very different) family!
                      Exactly...I need some time to bond with my other family!!!
                      I know this may seem selfish to some that I would choose to go abroad without my hubby and kids...but I have never traveled alone before and it's something I really need to do...I'm not going to get this opportunity again and I just feel that if I don't do this then I'm short changing myself of an experience that I have longed for since I was a teenager. I would love nothing more than to bring the family...I truly would...but financially that's not viable for us...maybe if circumstances change...who knows...I hope no one thinks I'm putting my family second...I have always put them first and will continue to do so for as long as I live...but sometimes I just need something for me...know what I mean?
                      And it's not just Amanda...her many fans are just as inspiring and amazing as Amanda herself...I credit Amanda for helping me find "me" again after many years in a "not so great" spot...but I have to admit, that the many fans I have chatted to over the last 2 and a bit years, have inspired me to no end also...so while I can't wait for AT4 to meet Amanda...I can't wait to meet her fans too!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My inspiration for AT4...with many many thanks to EH-T who was responsible for this and for putting this massively huge smile on my face and for making my year!!!

Wheee...I agree that this picture should be posted often and all over the place..such warm fuzzy feelings when I see it

Yup...she might be one person who I seem to have managed to just stutter at but I have a whole other family cos of her and it's wonderful.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I did the same thing a few weeks back. Supposedly I had some unclaimed stock shares as well as cash sitting there for me totally bout $460. Got everything notarized and sent off and am just waiting to see what happens.
                        very cool Cel hopefully it'll pop up soon cos a few hundred dollars is always welcome lol

Aww Eve I didn't mean to make you cry, but I know what you mean, I got emotional looking at them too. Your right to, Amanda is definitely amazing!

Bev you mean there's a way out?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        it's somewhere on the other side of the gutter, you never see the way out Julia cos you're always in the gutter

Oh bugger!!! And where was my memo??? Oh man!!! Now I'm stuck in here too...and yet it's such a pretty place to be stuck in!!!

Are you kidding??? Bring them with me??? I am sooo leaving them behind...I need to do this alone...besides...it gives them a break from me and me a break from them...what more could a girl want before she hits the big 4 0!!

I know this may seem selfish to some that I would choose to go abroad without my hubby and kids...but I have never traveled alone before and it's something I really need to do...I'm not going to get this opportunity again and I just feel that if I don't do this then I'm short changing myself of an experience that I have longed for since I was a teenager. I would love nothing more than to bring the family...I truly would...but financially that's not viable for us...maybe if circumstances change...who knows...I hope no one thinks I'm putting my family second...I have always put them first and will continue to do so for as long as I live...but sometimes I just need something for me...know what I mean?

And it's not just Amanda...her many fans are just as inspiring and amazing as Amanda herself...I credit Amanda for helping me find "me" again after many years in a "not so great" spot...but I have to admit, that the many fans I have chatted to over the last 2 and a bit years, have inspired me to no end also...so while I can't wait for AT4 to meet Amanda...I can't wait to meet her fans too!
                        I totally don't think it is selfish to want to travel by yourself. You don't stop being a seperate entity just because you have a hubby and kids and equally you're not all going to share the same interests as your real family all the time but why does that mean any of you should miss out and what you do love.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I intercept them.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean chelle there's some things you just need to do on your own, so that you can meet the 'online family' and just be chelle, not Mum or wife. I don't think that's selfish at all.
                            Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            it's somewhere on the other side of the gutter, you never see the way out Julia cos you're always in the gutter
                            Hehe! You know me so well.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Chelle, it's so totally not selfish of you to want something like this. Live your dreams and make your memories cos life is way to short to keep saying 'maybe some day.' Family is important, but it sounds like you have a pretty awesome hubby that will let you 'fly' a bit without feeling the need to rattle that chain. Have fun without guilt too. Thats key.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                                I intercept them.
                                I should have known it was all PengYn's fault. When will I learn?

And chelle, a mother who doesn't take care of herself ends up not being able to take care of her family well either.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X