GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    how about, everyone that goes, organize a small get together in the lobby?

say, a 'gateworld meetup' in the lobby from 2-3 pm saturday or something like that

and a few folks stay for the whole time to be hostesses, others can come and go as their photo times come and go, and you just introduce yourself so that you know who's who

easier to organize than going out to eat, easy for folks to drop by, and a way to get to know each other
    That is something that could definitely be doable the next time around I think. Perhaps the idea of the bulletin board would work well too with any random groups wanting to meet somewhere or other. I'm not one to sit long so having the option of moving from different group to group would have been perfect for me.

Personally, aside from being a bit jet lagged the entire weekend, I was a bit uncertain as to who was from GW and who wasnt as the mass of people sometimes in the lobby during the day was intense. I wanted to go up and say 'hey' to many people in hopes of finding a few I knew, but hesitated more than once. Plus the confusion of all the languages had me shaking my head...but in a good way. AT can certainly draw an international crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      My HUG MAGNET Shirt got an airing over the weekend. It works very well

On the subject of bigger names on badges. This was something we noticed ourselves, but it was too late to do anything this time.

Next time they will be BIGGER! and BOLDER! - promise!

Mumsey
      I loved the hug magnet shirt Mumsey and hooray for bigger and bolder

say, a 'gateworld meetup' in the lobby from 2-3 pm saturday or something like that

and a few folks stay for the whole time to be hostesses, others can come and go as their photo times come and go, and you just introduce yourself so that you know who's who

easier to organize than going out to eat, easy for folks to drop by, and a way to get to know each other
      Yeah that's a great idea!
      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      I loved the badges that Sue made they were awesome hehe...she rocks too!
      Sue sure does rock! Her badges were great!

Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        I think I'm going to have start making a list of all the people I want/need to meet next year...I don't want to return home and regret not meeting any one single person...it's just as important to me as meeting Amanda herself!!
        I spent two years planning and saving for AT3. If I could pull it off chelle, you can.

To be honest, I doubt I would have made the trip if there hadn't been so many GWers there (and the chance to play tourist). While it was the best con I've ever been to, the financial and time off commitment were overwhelming at times. It was more than worth it though. I had the time of my life in London.

At the top of my list of good memories? I got to hang out with some of the coolest people I'd never met.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Just dropping in to let everyone know that I am now home safe!

I will be going through my photos in the next few days and I'll let you know when I've posted them.

My trip was wonderful, but I am also glad to be home again.

It was so great to meet you all and I can't wait for AT4!

Comment

I like the idea.

Also glad the name tags will be bigger and bolder. Those of us getting on in years with faulty eyesight and memories need all the help we can get!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              I like the idea.

Also glad the name tags will be bigger and bolder.
              Mmm me too. I didn't know that EH-T was EH-T until she stuck her hand out at me... and it was right at the end of the con too!

BIGGER!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                Mmm me too. I didn't know that EH-T was EH-T until she stuck her hand out at me... and it was right at the end of the con too!

BIGGER!!
                Funnily enough, no-one seemed to have a problem working out who I was. I wonder why?

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Funnily enough, no-one seemed to have a problem working out who I was. I wonder why?

Hmmmmmm .......

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

wonder if it had anything to do with the wig?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

or the singing
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        or the singing
                        The singing?

The wig I remember. The singing.... not so much.

Comment

The singing?

Ohoh, wasn't that you with the Stargate song? With the moves that go with it? I remember Hannah and Amanda doing it for sure
                          sigpic

Comment

You were trollopping around all weekend....

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

The singing?

One word:

GIN

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                Ohoh, wasn't that you with the Stargate song? With the moves that go with it? I remember Hannah and Amanda doing it for sure
                                Oh yeah... they were teaching me the moves. Sorry, mind went blank on the singing bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X